fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       1241              1243       …       1256       1257       end
  

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

  
 
JWilsonphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1242 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


kwbarnes wrote:
The problem isn't tariffs. Chip prices are outrageous because of the rise in demand, due to the current rush to build massive data centers.

No one is building additional chip manufacturing plants, while everyone is building massive data centers. How many millions of chips does it take to get just one of those new data centers operational?

As long as there is a fixed supply of chips, and a sustained spike in demand, prices will also spike until the demand lowers or the supply increases to meet the new demand.

This principle holds true no matter the product, housing, desirable vehicles,
...Show more →




Jun 29, 2026 at 11:31 PM
JWilsonphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1242 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


My images were, thankfully, a bit more tame than the ones that took over the web last week. Much as I enjoy nudging the envelope occasionally, I did not want my name anywhere near any of that. My good friend, and the man whose name is on the field where I captured these shots has spent his life establishing an impeccable reputation for professionalism and perfection in every avenue of his businesses. When he called me I was only too happy to tell him that we performed our responsibilities in the manner and spirit that he would have expected..







Jun 29, 2026 at 11:39 PM
Ttown Aubie
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1242 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Beautiful capture Jim!


Jun 30, 2026 at 09:22 AM
Douglas L
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1242 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


@Jan-Arie, Very sorry to see both the Netherlands and Germany lose in the playoff in the same manner.


Jun 30, 2026 at 10:11 AM
Jan-Arie
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1242 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Douglas L wrote:
@Jan-Arie@, Very sorry to see both the Netherlands and Germany lose in the playoff in the same manner.


Meh I don't like Soccer , so it was back to business today.

But I did see some reels of the dutch fans marching to the stadiums, that was cool to see.
And all the reactions of the welcoming and all nice people in the city's were the matches were played.

Most people had a mistaken idea of ​​the American people there, after all.



Jun 30, 2026 at 02:06 PM
Danpbphoto
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1242 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Patriotism is catching no matter WHERE you are from or what sport you enjoy......or NOT enjoy! !
Dan




Jun 30, 2026 at 03:01 PM
Douglas L
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1242 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Look at this list for the 4th of July celebration in DC! I was very pleasantly surprised that some of these are actual demos, not just flyover. I have been trying very hard to pin down the time and flight box, for both July 4th and the practice on July 3rd. Haven't been able to find any confirmed information so far

Northrop posted this teaser on X few days ago, a lot of people speculated it was going to be the B-21, the Secretary of the Air Force shut down the rumor yesterday. https://x.com/northropgrumman/status/2070296052905721901?s=20

It's going to be 102 degree in DC on July 4th!

- USAF Thunderbirds [F-16 Fighting Falcon (x6)]
- US Navy Blue Angles [FA-18E/F Super Hornet (x6)]
- US Army Golden Knights Parachute Team
- US Navy Leap Frogs Parachute Team
- USAF VC-25B "Air Force One"
- USAF F-22 Raptor Demo
- USAF B-52 Stratofortress
- USAF B-1B Lancer
- USAF B-2 Spirit
- USAF F-35A Lightning II
- USAF F-22 Raptor
- USAF F-16 Fighting Falcon
- USAF F-15 Eagle
- USAF A-10 Thunderbolt II
- USAF KC-46 Pegasus
- USAF C-32A (757)
- USMC F-35B Lightning II Demo
- USMC V-22 Osprey Demo
- USMC AH-1Z Viper
- USMC AH-1Y Venom
- USMC CH-53 Super Stallion
- USMC VH-92A Patriot
- USMC VH-60N Whitehawk
- USMC VH-3D Sea King
- USN FA-18F Rhino Demo Team
- USN F-35C Lightning II Demo Team
- USN F/A-18E/F Super Hornet
- USN P-8 Poseidon
- USN E-2 Hawkeye
- US Army UH-60 Blackhawk
- US Army AH-64 Apache
- USCG MH-65 Dolphin
- USCG MH-60 Jayhawk*
- USCG HC-130J Super Hercules*
- NASA Freedom 250 Team - [F-5 Tiger II (3x)]
- NASA T-38 Talon



Jun 30, 2026 at 08:28 PM
Danpbphoto
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1242 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Douglas L wrote:
Look at this list for the 4th of July celebration in DC! I was very pleasantly surprised that some of these are actual demos, not just flyover. I have been trying very hard to pin down the time and flight box, for both July 4th and the practice on July 3rd. Haven't been able to find any confirmed information so far


I hope the weather does NOT make a impact on this event Douglas.
It is brutal out now! Made me sick to my stomach when I went to the local farm stand for some sweet corn!

Rumor is still being mentioned that the new AirForce 1 may make an appearance!
Good luck!
Dan




Jul 01, 2026 at 01:26 PM
JWilsonphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1242 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


You are right Dan, we just shouldn't trifle with these temperatures. I'm having to pace myself when I'm on assignments right now. The problem is, you have to be preemptive, by the time you are feeling crummy it's too late.

That's an impressive line up for sure! A little "Bird" (Full Bird that is) mentioned that I might be shooting the new AF1 air to air. My experience cautions me not to get too fired up until I'm hanging off the deck with it in my viewfinder. Nice to be considered though.



Jul 01, 2026 at 02:28 PM
JWilsonphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1242 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


AOPA called me yesterday to thank me for the images of the Aerobatic Bonanza, and to let me know that they have chosen the article for the feature story in their flagship Oshkosh edition. The backstory on this article is, another photographer shot the images for it and it was submitted and rejected. My good friend Scott Perdue wrote the article a the is an outstanding journalist, so it had to be the photographs that killed it. Scott called me in a panic to see if I could shoot it for him and we put it all together in 48 hours. Keep an eye out for the Oshkosh issue!

AOPA has always been a great client and an organization that I have been proud to support for most of my flying career. They are wonderful to work with.



Jul 01, 2026 at 02:36 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

Danpbphoto
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1242 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


JWilsonphoto wrote:
AOPA has always been a great client and an organization that I have been proud to support for most of my flying career. They are wonderful to work with.


And they are only 5 miles from me!
Have fun!

The heat today is bruuuu-taaaal!!! 115F now, heat index..120F(heat index) tomorrow.

You get a chance to photograph AF1? DO IT!!!!!!!!!..That would be a VERY rare photo op!
Dan




Jul 01, 2026 at 04:01 PM
JWilsonphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1242 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Oh I will definitely do it if the opportunity presents itself. The plan is that it would be from the deck of a C17, with something majestic as a backdrop, you know…..”Merica”. Sounds tailor made for the Hasselblad.

My Polar expedition and this one if it happens, are some nice assignments to wrap up a career with. But who is wrapping up?!🤣



Jul 01, 2026 at 05:17 PM
JWilsonphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1242 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


If we commemorate Charles Lindbergh’s flight to Paris next May, we will have to fly over Roosevelt Field and start from there, it’s a shopping mall.


Jul 01, 2026 at 05:34 PM
Douglas L
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1242 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Danpbphoto wrote:
I hope the weather does NOT make a impact on this event Douglas.
It is brutal out now! Made me sick to my stomach when I went to the local farm stand for some sweet corn!

Rumor is still being mentioned that the new AirForce 1 may make an appearance!
Good luck!
Dan




For July 4th, if the showbox is confirmed at the chart below shows, I may go to the Navy & Marine Memorial along the river bank again. The Netherlands Carillon where I will be shooting the fireworks is simply too far from the showbox and is partially blocked by woods. I will need to park near the Netherlands Carillon early (crazy to look for parking on the 4th), leave a chair there to take up a spot for shooting the fireworks later, then walk from there to the Navy & Marine Memorial by the river, a 2-mile walk one way. The airshow and flyover will start at 1:15 and finish by 5:00. Then I will walk 2 miles back to the Netherlands Carillon to wait for the fireworks which will start at 10:30, not sure why it has to be so late.

All this walking/waiting will be done in 102 degrees. If you don't see me posting next week, I would proably be dead. Nice knowing you all.
---------------------------------------------

JWilsonphoto wrote:
You are right Dan, we just shouldn't trifle with these temperatures. I'm having to pace myself when I'm on assignments right now. The problem is, you have to be preemptive, by the time you are feeling crummy it's too late.

That's an impressive line up for sure! A little "Bird" (Full Bird that is) mentioned that I might be shooting the new AF1 air to air. My experience cautions me not to get too fired up until I'm hanging off the deck with it in my viewfinder. Nice to be considered though.


Can I be your assistance for this assigment?







Jul 01, 2026 at 05:58 PM
Ttown Aubie
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1242 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Can't wait to see what you capture Douglas!


Jul 01, 2026 at 07:17 PM
JWilsonphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1242 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Douglas L wrote:
For July 4th, if the showbox is confirmed at the chart below shows, I may go to the Navy & Marine Memorial along the river bank again. The Netherlands Carillon where I will be shooting the fireworks is simply too far from the showbox and is partially blocked by woods. I will need to park near the Netherlands Carillon early (crazy to look for parking on the 4th), leave a chair there to take up a spot for shooting the fireworks later, then walk from there to the Navy & Marine Memorial by the river, a 2-mile walk one
...Show more →

No Douglas, I'll be yours!



Jul 01, 2026 at 07:44 PM
kwbarnes
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1242 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


JWilsonphoto wrote:
Oh I will definitely do it if the opportunity presents itself. The plan is that it would be from the deck of a C17, with something majestic as a backdrop, you know…..”Merica”. Sounds tailor made for the Hasselblad.

My Polar expedition and this one if it happens, are some nice assignments to wrap up a career with. But who is wrapping up?!🤣


AF1 air to air does sound like a unique opportunity.

"Sounds tailor made for the Hasselblad." In your capable hands it does. However, you currently don't have a back-up.

What was JIII's response when you told him you needed to buy a second Blad?




Jul 01, 2026 at 10:02 PM
JWilsonphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1242 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


He had that idea a long time ago. Every time I pull it out of the case his eyes light up, but then so do mine🤣


Jul 02, 2026 at 09:30 AM
JWilsonphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1242 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


The next Hasselblad will be the X3D 150 . They can’t fill the pipeline with this model so it might be a while.


Jul 02, 2026 at 09:34 AM
Danpbphoto
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1242 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Douglas L wrote:
For July 4th, if the showbox is confirmed at the chart below shows, I may go to the Navy & Marine Memorial along the river bank again. The Netherlands Carillon where I will be shooting the fireworks is simply too far from the showbox and is partially blocked by woods. I will need to park near the Netherlands Carillon early (crazy to look for parking on the 4th), leave a chair there to take up a spot for shooting the fireworks later, then walk from there to the Navy & Marine Memorial by the river, a 2-mile walk one
...Show more →

Lost "a.c" yesterday with heat index at 115F!
Today it is already 117F, HI at 130pm!!

It makes me physically sick this heat!!!

Don't let Mother Nature take you from, maybe, another photo op Douglas. It aint worth it!
Stay cool!
Dan


Good luck!
Dan






Edited on Jul 03, 2026 at 11:26 AM · View previous versions



Jul 02, 2026 at 12:33 PM
1       2       3       …       1241              1243       …       1256       1257       end






FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       1241              1243       …       1256       1257       end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account