JWilsonphoto wrote:
AOPA called me yesterday to thank me for the images of the Aerobatic Bonanza, and to let me know that they have chosen the article for the feature story in their flagship Oshkosh edition. The backstory on this article is, another photographer shot the images for it and it was submitted and rejected. My good friend Scott Perdue wrote the article a the is an outstanding journalist, so it had to be the photographs that killed it. Scott called me in a panic to see if I could shoot it for him and we put it all together in 48 hours. Keep an eye out for the Oshkosh issue!
AOPA has always been a great client and an organization that I have been proud to support for most of my flying career. They are wonderful to work with....Show more →
My uncle of the past 93 years and I say HAPPY 250th BIRTHDAY AMERICA.
Note: 50 years ago in 1976 July the governor of Arizona and Senator Goldwater had me removed from activeAir force duty and assigned to Arizonas entry into the Nations 300th celebration. I traveled on a 31 day bus trip around the East coast. We were a high school drill team and i took hunders maybe thousands of B/W photos using a medium format Kowa and Leica M-3. We then made a book for the school and drill deam members and Drill magazine. ( thats 200th year birthday)
Harry Palmer
Happy Birthday America
NIKON Z 7_260mm f/2.8G lens60mmf/5.61/60s2800 ISO0.0 EV
Thank you Jeff!
---------------------------------------------
Bill Gass wrote:
WOW What a show...1:14pm - 10:36pm
Douglas will shoot at least 10 TB of pictures I bet-
Maybe just 2 TB
---------------------------------------------
Danpbphoto wrote:
I pray Douglas is careful brother!
The heat index in DC for the next few daze is between 115-120F...
Local tv station showed a local resident cooking and egg on his sidewalk! And he ATE it!!!!
Brutal!
Stay cool Bill
Dan
I was there from 9:30 to 1:00 this morning, not too bad because I was in under a tree quite a bit.
Nice to see the old AF1 and the "bridge" AF1 and all the bombers. Very tough light during those hours and the hazy in the air was really bad due to the heat and humidity. I haven't looked at the pictures but I wouldn't be surprise it heat shimmering ruined them.
Kingfishphoto wrote:
My uncle of the past 93 years and I say HAPPY 250th BIRTHDAY AMERICA.
Note: 50 years ago in 1976 July the governor of Arizona and Senator Goldwater had me removed from activeAir force duty and assigned to Arizonas entry into the Nations 300th celebration. I traveled on a 31 day bus trip around the East coast. We were a high school drill team and i took hunders maybe thousands of B/W photos using a medium format Kowa and Leica M-3. We then made a book for the school and drill deam members and Drill magazine. ( thats 200th year birthday)
Harry Palmer ...Show more →
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE Sir!
You "jocks" kept my "six" covered and my teams safe!
Uncle Sam never looked so good!
Dan
75thRangers-"H" Co 1967-1969 I Corps Ashau Valley region-Lang Vei SFC
Just watched a SeaDoo go by towing a gaggle of teenagers on a tube, they were singing the national anthem at the top of their lungs.........."Merica"!!