fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       1240              1242       …       1256       1257       end
  

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

  
 
kwbarnes
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1241 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Danpbphoto wrote:
(deleted)
The "chips" prices were outrageous! (deleted)
I understand the need for equality@tariffs but this is ridiculous!!!! (deleted)


The problem isn't tariffs. Chip prices are outrageous because of the rise in demand, due to the current rush to build massive data centers.

No one is building additional chip manufacturing plants, while everyone is building massive data centers. How many millions of chips does it take to get just one of those new data centers operational?

As long as there is a fixed supply of chips, and a sustained spike in demand, prices will also spike until the demand lowers or the supply increases to meet the new demand.

This principle holds true no matter the product, housing, desirable vehicles, food, etc. Just think back a year or two, when bird flu decimated the chicken/egg industry. Remember how much you were paying for a dozen eggs not too long ago (if you could find them)? Shortly after the egg ranches were able to replace their hens, egg production rose back close to its pre-bird flu numbers and the price of eggs dropped down close to the pre-bird flu price.

Supply and Demand. That's Capitalism, baby.




Jun 27, 2026 at 11:32 AM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1241 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


I will "switch gears" on a aircraft forum to insert some "shipcraft" from America's 200th Birthday at the Inner Harbor of Baltimore.
Canon AE-1 Kodak100 film Processed myself.
Dan





Bridge destroyed in 2024 by cargo ship
























Jun 27, 2026 at 01:59 PM
Douglas L
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1241 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Danpbphoto wrote:
I will "switch gears" on a aircraft forum to insert some "shipcraft" from America's 200th Birthday at the Inner Harbor of Baltimore.
Canon AE-1 Kodak100 film Processed myself.
Dan


Nice memory, Dan!

I was going to go to Baltimore to watch the rehearsal on Friday afternoon but got stuck in the office. I was going to go today but the forecast said it was going to be raining, so I didn't go, it actually didn't rain. I am going tomorrow since it's only 30 minutes from me instead of the usual 3-6 hours drive. My wife won't be happy that I skip church.

I am glad I bought enough memory cards and portable SSD last year.
FYI.
https://www.cnbc.com/2026/06/25/apple-macbook-ipad-price-hike-memory.html



Jun 27, 2026 at 02:31 PM
JayDavis
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1241 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Haven't been on here in quite some time, just been too busy with travel. This week I went to Rifle, CO for a Lear Jet 45, and then later in the week, flew out to Burbank, CA for a Gulfstream G-280. Very thankful for the work and my frequent flyer accounts are increasing in points, so that's a good thing.

Here's the Lear 45 I photographed this week.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.







Jun 27, 2026 at 03:00 PM
Douglas L
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1241 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Beautiful reflection, Jay!


Jun 27, 2026 at 03:12 PM
Douglas L
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1241 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


JWilsonphoto wrote:
All this is very interesting, this guy has some additional info but he doesn’t have anywhere near all the facts.


I just found out Captain Steve was assigned to be the first officer of American Airline Fight 11 on Sept 11, 2001, the first jet that crashed into the World Trade Center. Long story short, they changed the plan the last minute and put another pilot on that flight. Capt. Steve lived to tell the story.




Jun 27, 2026 at 04:46 PM
JWilsonphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1241 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


The variety of subjects I shoot in the average week boggles my mind..................







Jun 27, 2026 at 11:11 PM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1241 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Douglas L wrote:
Nice memory, Dan!

I was going to go to Baltimore to watch the rehearsal on Friday afternoon but got stuck in the office. I was going to go today but the forecast said it was going to be raining, so I didn't go, it actually didn't rain. I am going tomorrow since it's only 30 minutes from me instead of the usual 3-6 hours drive. My wife won't be happy that I skip church.

I am glad I bought enough memory cards and portable SSD last year.
FYI.
https://www.cnbc.com/2026/06/25/apple-macbook-ipad-price-hike-memory.html

Man Douglas, I was going to upgrade my desktop in the Spring until my "builder" gave me the new price! WHOA!! $2000 more than before the tariffs and $500 s&h....

I decided to wait a bit more...Memory cards are outta sight money wise!!!

Have fun! Tell your wife you are going to attend the "Church of What's Happenin' Now". An olde Flip Wilson gag!
Dan




Jun 28, 2026 at 10:34 AM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1241 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


JayDavis wrote:
Haven't been on here in quite some time, just been too busy with travel. This week I went to Rifle, CO for a Lear Jet 45, and then later in the week, flew out to Burbank, CA for a Gulfstream G-280. Very thankful for the work and my frequent flyer accounts are increasing in points, so that's a good thing.

Here's the Lear 45 I photographed this week.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.


"From beautiful downtown Burbank" Jay?.... ..an olde joke from the Rowan and Martin Laugh-In daze!

Great composition! Happy you are busy!!!!

Great composition....
Dan




Jun 28, 2026 at 10:37 AM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1241 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


JWilsonphoto wrote:
The variety of subjects I shoot in the average week boggles my mind..................


Variety is the spice of life and of photographers Jim!
Love horse racing!

Did you place a bet?
Stay safe!
Dan




Jun 28, 2026 at 10:39 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

JWilsonphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1241 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Hi Dan,

No, everyone else at the gathering was betting like crazy, but I focused on the reason that I was there. I was probably the only person who left with more money than they came with.............



Jun 28, 2026 at 02:08 PM
JWilsonphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1241 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Danpbphoto wrote:
Man Douglas, I was going to upgrade my desktop in the Spring until my "builder" gave me the new price! WHOA!! $2000 more than before the tariffs and $500 s&h....

I decided to wait a bit more...Memory cards are outta sight money wise!!!

Have fun! Tell your wife you are going to attend the "Church of What's Happenin' Now". An olde Flip Wilson gag!
Dan



"Flip", a distant relative I'm sure.......



Jun 28, 2026 at 02:10 PM
JWilsonphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1241 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


I'm going to add a Mac Studio pretty soon, but I only need enough memory to accomodate the software so it won't be too bad. That additional $3,000 for an 8TB ssd on the MacBook Pro would be a bit hard to swallow. Glad I upgraded last year.

My next OWC Thunderbay 8 is going to be pretty painful, no way around it.



Jun 28, 2026 at 02:13 PM
JWilsonphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1241 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


I'm going to add a Mac Studio pretty soon, but I only need enough memory to accomodate the software so it won't be too bad. That additional $3,000 for an 8TB ssd on the MacBook Pro would be a bit hard to swallow. Glad I upgraded last year.

My next OWC Thunderbay 8 is going to be pretty painful, no way around it.



Jun 28, 2026 at 02:13 PM
MBrewington
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1241 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


JWilsonphoto wrote:
I'm going to add a Mac Studio pretty soon, but I only need enough memory to accomodate the software so it won't be too bad. That additional $3,000 for an 8TB ssd on the MacBook Pro would be a bit hard to swallow. Glad I upgraded last year.

My next OWC Thunderbay 8 is going to be pretty painful, no way around it.


Love my M4 Studio. Granted it only has a 1 TB SSD built in but I have 2 4TB SSD's in Acacias enclosures and a Samsung 990 Pro4TB in a 80gbs OWC enclosure taking full advantage of the TB5 ports. The 2 Acasis units run 26-2800 but the Sammy in the OWC outperforms the Native Ram in the Studio! and to think a year ago during Prime Days I stuttered at buying a WD 8TB SSD for $560 which today goes for $1490! Needless to say: "in All things I have learned to be content. " (at least til prices come back down.)



Jun 28, 2026 at 03:03 PM
JWilsonphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1241 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Hi Mike,

I hear you, the one time I decided to save some money and not build another Thunderbay 8 turned out costing me 3 times what it would have then, ugh!



Jun 28, 2026 at 03:45 PM
Douglas L
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1241 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Danpbphoto wrote:
Man Douglas, I was going to upgrade my desktop in the Spring until my "builder" gave me the new price! WHOA!! $2000 more than before the tariffs and $500 s&h....

I decided to wait a bit more...Memory cards are outta sight money wise!!!

Have fun! Tell your wife you are going to attend the "Church of What's Happenin' Now". An olde Flip Wilson gag!
Dan



Hi Dan, I just came back from the Airshow in Baltimore. The weather was horrible, low cloud ceiling, drizzling and foggy at times. They had a very short lineup to begin with, the F-16 demo didn't fly, the British and the French team shortened their show considerably, the Blue Angels did a low show. The show is so close to where I live so I can't complain. I tried out my new toy today, the new Sony A7RVI with a 67 MP stacked sensor, can shoot up to 30 FPS.

I don't think the crazy memory prices have much to do with the tariff. It's largely due to the demand from all the AI centers. Case in point, in Nov 2025, I bought two ProGrade Digital 960GB CFexpress 4.0 Type A Iridium Memory Card from B&H, $270/each. This was well after the tariff started. Now the same card sells for $770 each! a $500 increase each card in 6 months.




  ILCE-7RM6    FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS lens    600mm    f/6.3    1/4000s    400 ISO    +0.3 EV  






  ILCE-7RM6    FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS lens    600mm    f/6.3    1/4000s    400 ISO    +0.3 EV  






  ILCE-7RM6    FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS lens    600mm    f/6.3    1/4000s    400 ISO    +0.3 EV  






  ILCE-7RM6    FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS lens    459mm    f/7.1    1/3200s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  






  ILCE-7RM6    FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS lens    379mm    f/7.1    1/3200s    320 ISO    0.0 EV  






  ILCE-7RM6    FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS lens    600mm    f/7.1    1/2500s    250 ISO    0.0 EV  






  ILCE-7RM6    FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS lens    481mm    f/7.1    1/2500s    250 ISO    0.0 EV  




Jun 28, 2026 at 04:08 PM
JWilsonphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1241 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


"Merica" Texas style................












Jun 29, 2026 at 12:04 AM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1241 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


JWilsonphoto wrote:
Hi Dan,

No, everyone else at the gathering was betting like crazy, but I focused on the reason that I was there. I was probably the only person who left with more money than they came with.............


If and when I go, I never bet over $2......So no harm, no foul!
Dan




Jun 29, 2026 at 09:34 AM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1241 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Douglas L wrote:
Hi Dan, I just came back from the Airshow in Baltimore. The weather was horrible, low cloud ceiling, drizzling and foggy at times. They had a very short lineup to begin with, the F-16 demo didn't fly, the British and the French team shortened their show considerably, the Blue Angels did a low show. The show is so close to where I live so I can't complain. I tried out my new toy today, the new Sony A7RVI with a 67 MP stacked sensor, can shoot up to 30 FPS.

I don't think the crazy memory prices have much
...Show more →

Fantastic photography Douglas!

My computer "builder" told me that a "strip" of RAM increased over 100%. Yes I did find that some new memory cards were NOT as expensive as I thought.

The "inevitable"(buying a new desktop) will make my decision more palatable but I will wait to see if the World's economy lessens in the Fall.

Great compositions brother!
Dan




Jun 29, 2026 at 09:40 AM
1       2       3       …       1240              1242       …       1256       1257       end






FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       1240              1242       …       1256       1257       end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account