Ttown Aubie wrote:
I can't wait to hear the review after you get yours. I have held off on the R5 waiting on this new model.Can't wait to see if it is worth the extra coin.
Dear Joe and Dan,
I'll give it a once over for all of us! My sight unseen prediction is, it's a great camera and the one we've been waiting for. Advanced focus technology, no more blackout and the other upgrades should make it a winner. There are a lot of people who think that the R5II should be the "Flagship", and not the R1 at 24mp. Personally, I don't care about having a flagship body as long as it is the one best suited for my subject matter and shooting routine.
Dan, I wouldn't worry for a second about in body IBIS. I shot my R5C for a week in Florida , much of it from the back platform of a bouncing wake boat, and the lens stabilization worked flawlessly. I had the R5 with me as back up, but never felt the least bit tempted to use it.
All of this video is the R5C, except for the drone clips, using lens stabilization:
I'll give it a once over for all of us! My sight unseen prediction is, it's a great camera and the one we've been waiting for. Advanced focus technology, no more blackout and the other upgrades should make it a winner. There are a lot of people who think that the R5II should be the "Flagship", and not the R1 at 24mp. Personally, I don't care about having a flagship body as long as it is the one best suited for my subject matter and shooting routine.
Dan, I wouldn't worry for a second about in body IBIS. I shot my R5C for a week in Florida , much of it from the back platform of a bouncing wake boat, and the lens stabilization worked flawlessly. I had the R5 with me as back up, but never felt the least bit tempted to use it.
All of this video is the R5C, except for the drone clips, using lens stabilization: ...Show more →
With "cogwheeling" that can get bad if shooting for any period time, causes tremors pretty bad...That is why IBIS is a must. Even even just for my own mental "safety's" sake!
Will await your analysis!
Danish special paint F16 only one day, then it broke and they had to fly in a spare jet and that jet was the oldest flying F16 I think in Europe maybe even the world I believe it was a block 10 Jet.
Canon EOS 5D Mark IVEF500mm f/4L IS USM lens500mmf/4.01/4000s160 ISO0.0 EV
Now I just watched the video. I am not a video shooter from a camera. But the accompanied music and the great lighting is super!
Who are the "stars" here?
Dan
I'll give it a once over for all of us! My sight unseen prediction is, it's a great camera and the one we've been waiting for. Advanced focus technology, no more blackout and the other upgrades should make it a winner. There are a lot of people who think that the R5II should be the "Flagship", and not the R1 at 24mp. Personally, I don't care about having a flagship body as long as it is the one best suited for my subject matter and shooting routine.
Dan, I wouldn't worry for a second about in body IBIS. I shot my R5C for a week in Florida , much of it from the back platform of a bouncing wake boat, and the lens stabilization worked flawlessly. I had the R5 with me as back up, but never felt the least bit tempted to use it.
All of this video is the R5C, except for the drone clips, using lens stabilization: ...Show more →
Nice video and music, Jim! I didn't know you can surf behind a boat like that.
---------------------------------------------
Jan-Arie wrote:
Danish special paint F16 only one day, then it broke and they had to fly in a spare jet and that jet was the oldest flying F16 I think in Europe maybe even the world I believe it was a block 10 Jet.
Beautiful shot of the DRAF F-16, J-A! It's such a beautiful paint scheme. Now I want to shoo the Canadian F-18 in its new paint job at Oceana in Sept.
Jan-Arie wrote:
Danish special paint F16 only one day, then it broke and they had to fly in a spare jet and that jet was the oldest flying F16 I think in Europe maybe even the world I believe it was a block 10 Jet.
Convince the Danish AF they need to upgrade their old Block 10s to the F-35 or a new F-16! Greece just put in an order for 20 F-35s with an option for 20 more in the future. My Lockheed stock is doing great, but since I am retired and spending it I need it to keep going up!
Danpbphoto wrote:
Now I just watched the video. I am not a video shooter from a camera. But the accompanied music and the great lighting is super!
Who are the "stars" here?
Dan
Grandchildren, nieces and nephews. We generally go to Florida a couple of times a year and take our Grands to play on the lake. Great way to turn money into noise between the sea-doo's and the wake boat
BTW, anyone here wanting to acquire an R5 MkII, I can probably get you one quicker than other sources, just let me know. And anyone wanting a "gently used" R5........, My guess is that I'll be parting with mine after a month or so with the II. From what I hear from the guys at CPS, shutter count really doesn't matter much on the mirrorless bodies.
B&H has a sale on 1TB Lexar CF Express cards, $245. They apply a $204.00 credit in your cart. I paid almost triple that a year or so ago for a 1TB CFE. Really pretty amazing when you consider what the equivalent film cost would be. You kind of wonder why they would ever reduce the price of any of these cards, given the money that they save us. Ahhhhh, gotta love Capitalism!
Ray Swindle wrote:
Convince the Danish AF they need to upgrade their old Block 10s to the F-35 or a new F-16! Greece just put in an order for 20 F-35s with an option for 20 more in the future. My Lockheed stock is doing great, but since I am retired and spending it I need it to keep going up!
They already took delivery of their first the F-35s. Not sure how many they ordered.
ILCE-1FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 GM OSS lens200mmf/6.31/3200s1000 ISO+0.3 EV
ILCE-1FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 GM OSS lens400mmf/8.01/2500s1000 ISO+0.3 EV
ILCE-1FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 GM OSS lens282mmf/8.01/2500s400 ISO+1.0 EV
ILCE-1FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 GM OSS lens133mmf/10.01/2500s2000 ISO+0.3 EV
ILCE-1FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 GM OSS lens309mmf/6.31/2500s640 ISO+0.3 EV
ILCE-1FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 GM OSS lens212mmf/8.01/2000s800 ISO0.0 EV
It occurs to me, as the founder of this fine group, that I have let you guys down when it comes to dazzling aviation work. I'm so glad we have the wonderful talent depth to keep things interesting!
Jim,
Excuse me !!!
I'm sure we'd all agree...You pretty much dazzle us with every picture you post whether family, fun, work, planes, video or.........It's all beautiful work.
Well thank you Bill! I am so immersed in commercial work that, occasionally, I yearn for a shoot that's just plain good for the soul. Very kind of you my friend and it means a lot.