Borrowed an R3 and 28-70 from CPS. Love the combo! Love the lens!!
Went apple picking with friends:
I love that you can stop down the lens a bit and the rendering remains pretty consistent to wide open, though of course with less background blur. Compared to my experience with the EF24-70/2.8, also love how well the 28-70 does with backlighting and veiling flare resistance. It's not perfect, but what flare that occurs can add to the photo, rather than generally wash it out like the 24-70.
Only the first one was wide open, the rest were f/3.5 or f/3.2.
stanj wrote:
Or yours truly celebrating the 21 year anniversary of a special computer
So at least one person had one of those? I wanted to get one, but the poor reviews scared me off. Did you have any direct ties to the Cube's development?
rscheffler wrote:
So at least one person had one of those? I wanted to get one, but the poor reviews scared me off. Did you have any direct ties to the Cube's development?
Maybe That's how I still have two mint shirts.
I understand the reluctance of people w.r.t. the Cube. It was the wrong thing at the wrong time. Now my Mac Studio looks like someone sawed the Cube in half, and it looks perfectly fine. My NeXTcube looked perfectly fine, too - albeit bigger, and decidedly more flammable. I still use two as flower stands.
Yeah, the shirt looks like it came fresh out of the package.
Did a quick read about the Cube to refresh my memory... noted it was never discontinued, rather production was paused. Maybe with the Studio there's an opportunity for a Cube II 2x Ultra configuration? Haha.
Yes Gary, this zoom lens does the seemingly impossible - it looks like a prime lens at every focal length.
As I probably mentioned earlier, another impressive aspect about the 28-70 is flare resistance. It's not perfect and at the longer end you can wash out the image with veiling flare. But it's miles better than the EF24-70 II.