I looked but couldn't find much images posted taken with this rather unique lens. I'm tempted to get it, please help me with some inspiration and share some images you are happy with :-)
Oh man... you mean the lens that made me jump into the RF system early on? I only wish I had it fifteen years ago when the kids were young. Such a versatile lens with fantastic IQ. Photos in chronological order.
I agree with Stan on this lens. It was the first RF lens I purchased and replaced my long beloved RF 24-70 MKII.
Some of the shots I have taken in the past year(previously posted in other threads)
Have you tried the RF 50/1.2 or the RF 85/1.2? I find the 28-70 to be a great lens, but both the 50 and the 85 are just *that much* better to my eye, granted they’re only one focal length.
KINGOFKNGS wrote:
Have you tried the RF 50/1.2 or the RF 85/1.2? I find the 28-70 to be a great lens, but both the 50 and the 85 are just *that much* better to my eye, granted they’re only one focal length.
I own the RF50L but while it may be a bit better (and certainly faster), the zoom has a very similar look and is so much more versatile, as a result I use the zoom 50x more than the prime (actually probably a realistic factor...)
For myself it balances well and is comfortable to carry around. It reminds me a lot of my 11-24. A couple of years ago I attended a CPS presentation here in Calgary for the R. The demonstrators were showing off the 28-70 and just when the presenter started to say the lens was big and heavy and was apologizing I happened to pick up the lens off the table and found the lens lighter than expected and piped up and said I didn't find it that heavy. He thanked me for speaking up.
Others may find the lens big, heavy and bulky and a need for a grip. I have done many walk abouts for a few hours with it and I am fine with it without a grip.
For those wondering I just looked and the 28-70 f/2 is the same weight as an EF 70-200 f2.8 IS III. I'd say that's a pretty heavy walk around lens for most. Another reference is that it's heavier than a RF 100-500.
I have all 3 and think they’re all great, but usually when I e photographed my young son with the 28-70, I’ve wished I had the primes on. Horses for courses for sure! That’s not to suggest the 28-70 is a slouch, I just much prefer the rendering and DOF on the primes. I should just stick to shooting the birds!
stanj wrote:
I own the RF50L but while it may be a bit better (and certainly faster), the zoom has a very similar look and is so much more versatile, as a result I use the zoom 50x more than the prime (actually probably a realistic factor...)
Thank you all for sharing your photos. I enjoy seeing the photos between 28-35mm. I have been trying to decide if I should get the 28-70 or wait for canon to release the 35mm 1.2.
Gee... Thanks a lot for getting this image thread started. It's helping my GAS tremendously.
NOT!
The gorgeous images shown here from this zoom lens almost defies logic. I've been trying to decide on an RF replacement for my EF 24-70 f/4 for general purpose and landscape use. This lens certainly opens the door to an even wider range of uses (casual family portraits) all in a single package. Indoor/outdoor jack of all trades if you will.
lighthound wrote:
The gorgeous images shown here from this zoom lens almost defies logic. I've been trying to decide on an RF replacement for my EF 24-70 f/4 for general purpose and landscape use. This lens certainly opens the door to an even wider range of uses (casual family portraits) all in a single package. Indoor/outdoor jack of all trades if you will.
"casual" is not a word I would use when it comes to describing this lens. I posted this photo in another thread (yes, I have my problems...), and even that doesn't come to do it justice. The lens is huge, big, heavy, and did I mention huge? Plus normal filters won't fit (95mm diameter; I have the Night Sky filter for it, though, and use it on the 50L as well).
It's superb but for normal uses, or as your generic standard zoom, I'd get the 24-70 or 24-105 on any day. As for the fire engine... yes (100% crop, focal plane was on the fire truck several feet in front. Was a fun night.)
stanj wrote:
"casual" is not a word I would use when it comes to describing this lens. I posted this photo in another thread (yes, I have my problems...), and even that doesn't come to do it justice. The lens is huge, big, heavy, and did I mention huge? Plus normal filters won't fit (95mm diameter; I have the Night Sky filter for it, though, and use it on the 50L as well).
It's superb but for normal uses, or as your generic standard zoom, I'd get the 24-70 or 24-105 on any day. As for the fire engine... yes (100% crop, focal plane was on the fire truck several feet in front. Was a fun night.)...Show more →
Ah hem, I see absolutely ZERO problems here.....and BBL's need love too! (Big Beautiful Lenses)