Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              5      
       7              12       13       end

Archive 2019 · Fujifilm X100V Coming soon!

marsguy
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #1 · p.6 #1 · Fujifilm X100V Coming soon!

Well there we have it. $1400, ships end of Feb, and it IS weather resistant if you add a filter to the front. Fuji just simultaneously made and ruined my day. I was relieved that I wasn't going to be tempted to buy this, but with Fuji's WR blessing, I have no choice but to preorder. RIP my wallet...

Feb 04, 2020 at 04:10 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.6 #2 · p.6 #2 · Fujifilm X100V Coming soon!

I think the price is fair, given what the predecessor cost and what we were expecting.

I suspect that it may not be that much of an improvement over the previous model. Since such a camera would be an "extra" rather than a primary for me, I'm going to be looking at what happens to pricing on the model it replaces. (I had a chance to shoot with it a year or two ago and I was impressed.)

Feb 04, 2020 at 04:11 PM
Edward Castro
• • •
p.6 #3 · p.6 #3 · Fujifilm X100V Coming soon!

Dpreview just put up there video and Fuji improved the lens in both close up, edges and chromatic aberration. Well done Fuji, well done!

Feb 04, 2020 at 04:33 PM
gaopa
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.6 #4 · p.6 #4 · Fujifilm X100V Coming soon!

While the specs of the new X-100V look great, I see no reason to upgrade from my X-100F. My plan is to continue to get great images from my X-100F.

Feb 04, 2020 at 04:42 PM
nitewulf
• •
p.6 #5 · p.6 #5 · Fujifilm X100V Coming soon!

For me, it is quite an improvement as the previous lens didn't seem usable at f2...this one is. Still I wanna see how the XT4 pans out. X100 series isn't a primary concern for me, though I know if I ever hold one I will immediately fall in love with it.

Feb 04, 2020 at 04:42 PM
gaopa
• • •
p.6 #6 · p.6 #6 · Fujifilm X100V Coming soon!

nitewulf said.... "I know if I ever hold one I will immediately fall in love with it."

If you ever do street photography with an X-100 series camera you will indeed fall in love with it. It is a stealth camera that no one notices. As a result you can get great candid images with ease. I just LUV mine!

Feb 04, 2020 at 04:48 PM
RayinNY
• •
p.6 #7 · p.6 #7 · Fujifilm X100V Coming soon!

Looking at the sample pics, the 100V doesn't look any sharper than my 100F.

Feb 04, 2020 at 04:48 PM
JadedWriter
• • • •
p.6 #8 · p.6 #8 · Fujifilm X100V Coming soon!

The DPReview video says otherwise.

RayinNY wrote:
Looking at the sample pics, the 100V doesn't look any sharper than my 100F.

Feb 04, 2020 at 05:29 PM
gaopa
• • •
p.6 #9 · p.6 #9 · Fujifilm X100V Coming soon!

I'm sure the X-100V ;produces fine images, but so does my X-100F.

Feb 04, 2020 at 06:17 PM
dwalme
• •
p.6 #10 · p.6 #10 · Fujifilm X100V Coming soon!

Can we reserve this thread to the discussion of the X100V?

Not the defense of the cameras you own.

I preordered in black but I have a trip middle of March so I also preordered the silver. I'll probably sell the silver when I get the black.

I'm looking forward to taking the smaller X100v instead of A7III / 35MM F2.8. I know it's not the same IQ but I'll likely not want to take the Sony everywhere the X100V will go.

They improved most of the weak points of the old model with this version. It's great to see Fuji listen to customer feedback.

Feb 04, 2020 at 06:23 PM
thepaulbrown

p.6 #11 · p.6 #11 · Fujifilm X100V Coming soon!

It looks as though noise reduction is set to on in the sample jpegs. If you look at Chris' picture he seems to have turned the setting off.

Feb 04, 2020 at 07:19 PM
darrellc
• • • •
p.6 #12 · p.6 #12 · Fujifilm X100V Coming soon!

I often pick up a used X100 and shoot with it for a few months as a secondary, smaller and backup camera to my Sony system.

I loved the X100F but I’m really excited to get the V on the used market after a few months. I just sold an X100F after shooting it for a few months and picked up a used X-T30 and 23/2 at my local shop just for something different in that role. Will shoot with it for a bit then swap for a used X100V.

Better performance near MFD, weather sealing, better EVF (I rarely use the OVF), 4 stop ND (sadly stills only, would be great if it worked in video), ability to do quality video with a richer feature set for video than before, classic negative looks great for easy jpeg shooting, better AF, usable AF-C, and a really nice industrial design... looks great and I think the market will bear the increased price. I wish it had IBIS. I’ve got a GRIII and the IBIS is amazing on it... easily get consistent sharp results at 1/5 of a second - really expands the stills shooting envelope with that camera and it would be nice for handheld video on the X100V.

Feb 04, 2020 at 07:37 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.6 #13 · p.6 #13 · Fujifilm X100V Coming soon!

dwalme wrote:
Can we reserve this thread to the discussion of the X100V?

Not the defense of the cameras you own.

I preordered in black but I have a trip middle of March so I also preordered the silver. I'll probably sell the silver when I get the black.

I'm looking forward to taking the smaller X100v instead of A7III / 35MM F2.8. I know it's not the same IQ but I'll likely not want to take the Sony everywhere the X100V will go.

They improved most of the weak points of the old model with this version. It's great to see Fuji
...Show more

Ironies abound.

Right after writing "Can we reserve this thread to the discussion of the X100V?"...

... you compare it to a Sony A7III! ;-)

I guess you DO agree that a discussion of a new camera inevitably will/must appropriately include comparisons between it and alternatives, right?

BTW, the X100v sounds like a fascinating and worthwhile incremental next step in the evolution of the X100(x) line. Folks with a model earlier than the X100f will likely be interested in upgrading, and new first-time buyers will be pleased. Those with X100f cameras may be harder to convince, since even with the improvements to the new model the differences aren't likely to be huge. And the introduction of a new model does make the previous model more interesting at the inevitably lower pricing.

Dan

Not related to the post I'm relying to...

A general note regarding gushing reviews from some online writers. It is instructive to look at a longer cycle of what they write — perhaps a couple of model cycles back in time. If they are all Greatest Most Incredible Camera The World Has Ever Know reviews, well you might consider being just a bit skeptical that every new camera from their manufacturer Will Change Your Life Forever. Be especially careful if such a "reviewer" is also an official representative for the company making the camera.

Just sayin'...

Maybe wait for a few reviews from folks with less of an overall bias. OK?

Edited on Feb 04, 2020 at 08:08 PM · View previous versions

Feb 04, 2020 at 07:58 PM
nitewulf
• •
p.6 #14 · p.6 #14 · Fujifilm X100V Coming soon!

Check out Jonas' review. I typically am awestruck at his imagery. He's biased but by no means unfair. His reviews are worth it just for the images themselves:

https://jonasraskphotography.com/2020/02/04/fujifilm-x100v-first-look-preview-the-desert-island-camera/

Feb 04, 2020 at 08:01 PM
fotografur
• • • • •
p.6 #15 · p.6 #15 · Fujifilm X100V Coming soon!

gaopa wrote:
I'm sure the X-100V ;produces fine images, but so does my X-100F.

Feb 04, 2020 at 08:08 PM
gaopa
• • •
p.6 #16 · p.6 #16 · Fujifilm X100V Coming soon!

Thanks for sharing. fotografur.

Feb 04, 2020 at 08:13 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.6 #17 · p.6 #17 · Fujifilm X100V Coming soon!

It’s going to be very hard for me to resist getting one of these. I’m already looking at what I can sell to pay for one. I’ve held out in getting an X100 series camera, but this one just ticks a lot of boxes for me. The improved lens is the biggie....being able to get fast AF with a lens that’s sharp wide open, this compact is great, and everything else about it just works for me.

Feb 04, 2020 at 08:27 PM
RayinNY
• •
p.6 #18 · p.6 #18 · Fujifilm X100V Coming soon!

JadedWriter wrote:
The DPReview video says otherwise.

I was looking at their sample pics.

Feb 04, 2020 at 08:40 PM
RayinNY
• •
p.6 #19 · p.6 #19 · Fujifilm X100V Coming soon!

nitewulf wrote:
Check out Jonas' review. I typically am awestruck at his imagery. He's biased but by no means unfair. His reviews are worth it just for the images themselves:

https://jonasraskphotography.com/2020/02/04/fujifilm-x100v-first-look-preview-the-desert-island-camera/

His X100F looks like what mine would have done before I sent it back to Fuji and is now pretty sharp even at F2. Even reviewers had copies that were decentered. Look at this shot from image resource, the left side is much softer than right. https://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/fuji-x100f/FULLRES/YDSCF1706.HTM

Feb 04, 2020 at 08:48 PM
brafman
• •
p.6 #20 · p.6 #20 · Fujifilm X100V Coming soon!

nitewulf wrote:

I enjoyed his write up, but must say his gushing over the sunstar and flare of the new lens had me scratching my head and docking credibility points ("All that is left is beautiful sunstars when stopped down, and soft gloomy flaring when hard pressed directly into the sun. It looks absolutely perfect!") His pictures show that neither the sunstar nor the flare are anything to write home about; they strike me as a weakness in an otherwise pretty great camera. Not remotely close to "absolutely perfect."

Feb 04, 2020 at 09:10 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.