Just got home from our quick trip to Belgium and the Netherlands. The Sanicole Airshow in Belgium was mostly a bust due to the cancellations of most of the announced headline performers and poor weather. I only attended the sunset show on Saturday, it was very cloudy, very poor lighting. I didn't go to the Sunday show due to the rainy weather and lackluster lineup.
Here is the first installment of the show, two Polish performers. The plane shooting fireworks started several fires in the grass area of the airfield. They had to call in firetrucks.
Ross Martin wrote:
Steve, happy to see one of your posts again, this falls image is absolutely gorgeous! And congrats to your mom on her long life, that inspires me as much as this waterfall does.
Thank you Ross! My mom's a real trooper. She loves that Tellico trip. And those sandwiches.🙂
Douglas L wrote:
Just got home from our quick trip to Belgium and the Netherlands. The Sanicole Airshow in Belgium was mostly a bust due to the cancellations of most of the announced headline performers and poor weather. I only attended the sunset show on Saturday, it was very cloudy, very poor lighting. I didn't go to the Sunday show due to the rainy weather and lackluster lineup.
Here is the first installment of the show, two Polish performers. The plane shooting fireworks started several fires in the grass area of the airfield. They had to call in firetrucks.
Awesome images, Doug! I always admire your dedication to travel all over the place to capture aerial shows....
thedruid wrote:
ShipRock NM, during the monsoon season
A73 / 24-105
I'm loving your excellent New Mexico images Dermot! I'm also deep into the Tony Hillerman Leaphorn and Chee series of novels and your images are providing great context for my imagination. Ancillary benefit but thanks! Steve
ratherfish wrote:
I'm loving your excellent New Mexico images Dermot! I'm also deep into the Tony Hillerman Leaphorn and Chee series of novels and your images are providing great context for my imagination. Ancillary benefit but thanks! Steve
Thanks Steve, New Mexico is often overlooked as we are surrounded by the Honey Pots of Utah, Colorado and Arizona. There are some awesome locations here, it's also less traveled. I'm glad my images are spurring the imagination and I wish you good light and happy reading.
While in Ketchikan last week we went on a hike in the woods. While standing on a wooden platform over the river, an elderly couple pointed into the forest on the other side of the river and said "A bear is coming!" Sure enough, this big black bear slowly emerged out of the trees and went right into the water. He tried several times for a fish, but ended up not getting one and melted back into the forest. Up close he looks pretty scary! We were about 50 yards away.
ILCE-7RM5FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 GM OSS lens288mmf/5.61/1250s1600 ISO0.0 EV
ILCE-7RM5FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 GM OSS lens288mmf/5.61/1250s1600 ISO0.0 EV
ILCE-7RM5FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 GM OSS lens192mmf/5.61/1000s1250 ISO0.0 EV
ILCE-7RM5FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 GM OSS lens192mmf/5.61/1000s1250 ISO0.0 EV
mudlake wrote:
While in Ketchikan last week we went on a hike in the woods. While standing on a wooden platform over the river, an elderly couple pointed into the forest on the other side of the river and said "A bear is coming!" Sure enough, this big black bear slowly emerged out of the trees and went right into the water. He tried several times for a fish, but ended up not getting one and melted back into the forest. Up close he looks pretty scary! We were about 50 yards away.
Wow, what an incredible experience! You even managed to take photos. Talk about being in the right place at the right time!
Thank you very much, Joshua! Keep the models coming! There is a big airshow on Huntington Beach October 2-4, fantastic lineup. I wish I could go...
Some shots of a German Luftwaffe Tornado. It wasn't the colorfully painted demo jet. This is my second time to see a Tornado. The first time I saw one was at a NATO exercise at a military base in northern Germany, when I went to Denmark to shoot air to air in 2024.
Douglas L wrote:
Just got home from our quick trip to Belgium and the Netherlands. The Sanicole Airshow in Belgium was mostly a bust due to the cancellations of most of the announced headline performers and poor weather. I only attended the sunset show on Saturday, it was very cloudy, very poor lighting. I didn't go to the Sunday show due to the rainy weather and lackluster lineup.
Here is the first installment of the show, two Polish performers. The plane shooting fireworks started several fires in the grass area of the airfield. They had to call in firetrucks.
That man in his MIG is simply sitting on and riding a reactor.
Douglas L wrote:
Thank you very much, Joshua! Keep the models coming! There is a big airshow on Huntington Beach October 2-4, fantastic lineup. I wish I could go...
Some shots of a German Luftwaffe Tornado. It wasn't the colorfully painted demo jet. This is my second time to see a Tornado. The first time I saw one was at a NATO exercise at a military base in northern Germany, when I went to Denmark to shoot air to air in 2024.
The Tornado, one of the ugliest modern planes ever. But your pics are excellent.
mudlake wrote:
While in Ketchikan last week we went on a hike in the woods. While standing on a wooden platform over the river, an elderly couple pointed into the forest on the other side of the river and said "A bear is coming!" Sure enough, this big black bear slowly emerged out of the trees and went right into the water. He tried several times for a fish, but ended up not getting one and melted back into the forest. Up close he looks pretty scary! We were about 50 yards away.
Great captures, Eric! That had to be awesome to see.