Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Rules & Guidelines | Canon Lens Code
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · Sold: Canon 1Ds Mark III

tarsierspectra

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: Canon 1Ds Mark III

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   Used Canon 1Ds Mark III

Item Sold

Price: $2,500.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9 Shows signs of use, but very clean
Shipping instructions: Shipping cost $60 in the US, insured. Contact me for international shipping

I am offering used 1Ds Mark III for sale. It is in a great condition. It has been used by me only. I am a non professional who has not used the camera much but it did travel with me twice a year on vacations for about 3 years. It has minor signs of usage which you can see on the pictures below. The screens (the main one and two little ones) have been protected with a clear film which I purchased and put on the camera as soon as I started using the camera. So the screens are in mint condition as you can see on the photos below. I removed the protective screens so you won't be getting them as they were a bit scuffed up. The paint around the logos is a bit chipped off, please look at the pictures below. It comes with all original accessories except the camera strap is not original but it is brand new Canon strap. You will also get extra battery (so 1 original and one extra). Also, I used a Really Right Staff L plate with it so I am including it as well, it is over a $180 item. The plate is perfect for vertical and horizontal mounting with quick release tripod mount/ballhead. The sensor was professionally cleaned by Canon recently and the camera hasn't been used since. It comes in original packaging and all the manuals and software unopened.
The shutter count is about 25000.

I decided to go lighter when I travel so that's the reason I am selling it even though it's a wonderful camera.

Here is the list of all the items included:

1. The camera body itself

2. Original box

3. English and Spanish manual

4. 2 batteries

5. DC coupler

6. Battery charger

7. Canon strap (not original)

8. Original cables

9. Really Right Staff B1DMkIII-L L-plate

I am new to Fred Miranda's Buy and Sell so I don't have any "rating". I am trying to avoid selling on ebay these days but you can see my feedback there under "anysecondnow". I don't know how else I can make myself look trustworthy here.

Edited on Feb 08, 2013 at 11:06 PM · View previous versions

Feb 03, 2013 at 12:30 AM
tarsierspectra

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sold: Canon 1Ds Mark III

More pictures

Feb 03, 2013 at 12:32 AM
tarsierspectra

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sold: Canon 1Ds Mark III

More pictures

Feb 03, 2013 at 12:34 AM
tarsierspectra

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sold: Canon 1Ds Mark III

More pictures

Feb 03, 2013 at 12:35 AM
onesickpuppy
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sold: Canon 1Ds Mark III

One item that may help...is to take another pic...lets say the one of the front of the body, and place a paper with your user name on it so that someone else won't think the images are stole from another site...like ebay or such.....this places a slight influence that you really own the body.

Good luck with the sale....and welcome to FM.....we all had to start somewhere, and hope you do well here.

Maybe you can post some of your travel shots in one of the other forums, so we can see your work and the beauty of this bodies work.

Feb 03, 2013 at 01:09 AM
machinez
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sold: Canon 1Ds Mark III

Hey what are you using to take the product shots (close ups look crisp)? 100mm L macro?

Feb 03, 2013 at 01:29 AM
tarsierspectra

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sold: Canon 1Ds Mark III

onesickpuppy wrote:
One item that may help...is to take another pic...lets say the one of the front of the body, and place a paper with your user name on it so that someone else won't think the images are stole from another site...like ebay or such.....this places a slight influence that you really own the body.

Good luck with the sale....and welcome to FM.....we all had to start somewhere, and hope you do well here.

Maybe you can post some of your travel shots in one of the other forums, so we can see your work and the beauty of this bodies work.

Thanks. That's a great idea. I will do that tomorrow!

Feb 03, 2013 at 01:45 AM
tarsierspectra

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sold: Canon 1Ds Mark III

machinez wrote:
Hey what are you using to take the product shots (close ups look crisp)? 100mm L macro?

Yes, 100mm macro, not L series though.

Feb 03, 2013 at 01:47 AM
castlekeeper01
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Sold: Canon 1Ds Mark III

Hi,
What is the shutter count, please?

Feb 04, 2013 at 02:11 AM
tarsierspectra

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Sold: Canon 1Ds Mark III

castlekeeper01 wrote:
Hi,

Hi,

From what I understand the only way I can find that is by sending the camera to Canon. Do you know of any other way to find that info?

Feb 04, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

tarsierspectra

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Sold: Canon 1Ds Mark III

Here is a quick image showing that I actually own this camera

Feb 04, 2013 at 12:59 PM
tarsierspectra

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Sold: Canon 1Ds Mark III

castlekeeper01 wrote:
Hi,

OK, I tried myshuttercount.com and it tells me the shutter count is 1 which is obviously wrong. Do you know how else I can figure this out?

Feb 04, 2013 at 01:09 PM
Psychic1
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Sold: Canon 1Ds Mark III

Send the camera to Canon for a Clean & Check and request the shutter count be printed on the invoice.

Feb 05, 2013 at 09:27 AM
tarsierspectra

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Sold: Canon 1Ds Mark III

Psychic1 wrote:
Send the camera to Canon for a Clean & Check and request the shutter count be printed on the invoice.

I had a clean and check done already but I didn't think of asking them to do shutter count because I didn't know I couldn't do it myself.
The estimated shutter count is about 25000.

Feb 05, 2013 at 11:09 AM
tarsierspectra

p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Sold: Canon 1Ds Mark III

l also have this book that I will throw in:

Feb 08, 2013 at 11:06 PM
tarsierspectra

p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Sold: Canon 1Ds Mark III

I really want to sell this camera here and not on ebay. If you want to make me an offer please PM me and I might just let it go for less. I really don't want to deal with ebay.

Feb 09, 2013 at 12:11 PM
tarsierspectra

p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Sold: Canon 1Ds Mark III

If you live near Boston you can check the camera out in person. I will take personal check and ship the item when the check clears.

Feb 10, 2013 at 06:23 PM
tarsierspectra

p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Sold: Canon 1Ds Mark III

Is it the lack of rating that is keeping people away from buying from me? Just curious.

Feb 11, 2013 at 06:37 PM
OntheRez
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Sold: Canon 1Ds Mark III

PM sent

Feb 12, 2013 at 03:48 PM
tarsierspectra

p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Sold: Canon 1Ds Mark III

Here is a copy of the most recent cleaning receipt. I didn't have it but I called Canon and they just faxed it to me. The camera has been sitting in a closet since then.

Feb 18, 2013 at 04:29 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password