Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2008 · How to post Feedback?

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · How to post Feedback?

How to post Feedback?

Let's assume that 3 members participated in a "FS" (For sale) thread. Member A, Member B and Member C.
For the purpose of this example, Member A will the OP (Original Poster) and Members B and C will be members who posted on Member A's thread.

When Member A visits his own "FS: Canon 30D" thread, he sees the feedback button on posts of all the members who replied to his thread. Members B and C who have replied to the OP's thread, will see the feedback button on all Member A's posts on the thread. *Member B or C must reply to the Member A's thread in order to post a feedback for him (And vice-versa) -- So, even if the transaction was conducted via PM (private message) both members must post on the thread. In this example, we will have Member A as OP and Member C as the buyer who closed the transaction.

Below is an illustration of what Member A sees:

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/images/faq_images/whatmemberasee.gif

As you can see, Member A can see the feedback button for both Member B and C. Let's assume, Member C purchases the "Canon D30". Member A (Seller) will be able to click on "Post feedback for Member C" button and leave feedback for him. Likewise, Member C will be able to see on Member A's posts the "Post feedback for Member A" button. Member C could click on that button and leave feedback for Member A.

The image below illustrates what Member C sees:

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/images/faq_images/bcsee.gif

Once Member C clicks on the "Post feedback for Member A" button, he will see the feedback form (below):

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/images/faq_images/feedbackform1.gif

Once Member C is finished with the feedback review and clicks on "Send review", he will be redirected to the transaction thread. All Buy and Sell participants will be able to see that Member A received feedback: "Great".

See the image below:

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/images/faq_images/memberagot1.gif

Any Buy and Sell participant is able to read all Member A's feedbacks, by clicking on the "Service evaluation" ticker. The below image shows a portion of the Buy and Sell Feedbacks page where Member C left feedback for Member A:

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/images/faq_images/Memberafeedbackpage.gif

If Member A gets hundreds of feedbacks from unique members, they will be all listed here.
It's important to understand that the FM Feedback system is "Member-based" and not "Transaction-based". This means that Member C can only give Member A one (1) feedback regardless of the number of transactions they completed together. (However, you can edit a previous feedback or ADD to it.)

Now it's time for Member A to reciprocate the feedback. As a seller, he will be leaving feedback for Member C (Buyer). So Member A goes to his "FS: Canon D30" thread, finds Member C's post and clicks on the "Post feedback for Member C" button.
The feedback form will be identical to the one explained above. Once Member A leaves feedback for Member C, the feedback will be listed on Member C's service evaluation ticker.

PS: The feedback system is moderated:
Feedback can only be posted if a transaction is finalized between both parties. All feedback posted without a final transaction will be deleted by the board moderator.
Even if there is a final transaction between parties, the moderator may delete or edit the feedback rating or content if he judges it it to be unfair.

When should I click on the "Mark item as Sold" button?

Once the two parties have come to an agreement and payment has been made, the OP can click on the "Mark item as Sold" button. This will add "Sold:" to the subject line and change the color of the topic link to gray. Like that, everyone will know that the item is no longer available.

Whenever the recipient receives the item, they can come back and post feedback at that time EVEN if the thread is marked as sold and grayed out. (There is no time limit). The only requirement is that at one point, the recipient has at least 1 post on the thread. If they did not posted on the thread while it was active, they can STILL come back and post on it in order for both the seller and buyer to exchange feedback.

In our example, Member C had posted on the OP's thread.

An image of the "Mark item as Sold" button is shown below:

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/images/faq_images/markassold.gif

Once Member A clicks on the "Mark Item as Sold" button, "Sold:" will be added to his subject which will read: "Sold: Canon D30". As you can see, there is no need for Member A (OP) to edit his first post and add "Sold" to the subject line manually.

Important:: I know this may sound repetitive, but in order for Member A to exchange feedback with Member C. *** Member C must post on Member A's thread. If you are the OP and the member who closed the transaction with you didn't post on your thread, send him/her a private message (PM) asking them to post on the thread in order for the feedback to be exchanged.

To be able to start new threads on the Buy and Sell board, you must have an active subscription for Buy and Sell or Image Upload. As a subscriber, you can buy, sell, trade or list your Outside Auction for all photographic or camera related gear. If you would like to subscribe for "Buy and Sell" or "Image Upload subscriptions click on the link below:

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/imageupload

Apr 19, 2008 at 09:26 PM
KiheiMan
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · How to post Feedback?

Thanks for the great tutorial Fred, it really helps, but I am still confused on one item. Let's say I just offered something for sale and found a buyer. I have shipped the item and it will take x number of days to reach it's destination. If I understand correctly, everyone monitoring the Buy & Sell forum will continue to see this as an active listing until the recepient has provided feedback. Is that correct?

Thank you.

Apr 19, 2008 at 10:10 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · How to post Feedback?

Good question! I have added the below to the mini-tutorial. Thanks!

"Once the two parties have come to an agreement and payment has been made, the OP can click on the "Mark item as Sold" button. This will add "Sold:" to the subject line and change the color of the topic link to gray. Like that, everyone will know that the item is no longer available.

Whenever the recipient receives the item, they can come back and post feedback at that time EVEN if the thread is marked as sold and grayed out. (There is no time limit). The only requirement is that at one point, the recipient has at least 1 post on the thread. If they did not posted on the thread while it was active, they can STILL come back and post on it in order for both the seller and buyer to exchange feedback."

Edited by Fred Miranda on Apr 20, 2008 at 12:22 AM GMT

Edited on Apr 19, 2008 at 11:22 PM

Apr 19, 2008 at 10:45 PM
Matias Ruiz

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · How to post Feedback?

just perfect!
thank you

Apr 19, 2008 at 10:59 PM
Jayem1
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · How to post Feedback?

"...If they did not posted on the thread while it was active, they can STILL come back and post on it in order for both the seller and buyer to exchange feedback."

Fred,

I have seen threads that long after the sale, the buyer came back and posted he had not received the item. So in this case now, even the buyer didn't post in that thread when it was active, he could still post something that is now greyed out?

Thanks for your clarification.

Edited by Fred Miranda on Apr 20, 2008 at 05:50 PM GMT

Edited on Apr 20, 2008 at 04:50 PM

Apr 20, 2008 at 01:23 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · How to post Feedback?

Jayem1 wrote:
"...If they did not posted on the thread while it was active, they can STILL come back and post on it in order for both the seller and buyer to exchange feedback."

Fred,

I have seen threads that long after the sale, the buyer came back and posted he had not received the item. So in this case now, even the buyer didn't post in that thread when it was active, he could still post something that is now greyed out?

Thanks for your clarification.

Yes that is correct!

Edited by Fred Miranda on Apr 20, 2008 at 05:51 PM GMT

Edited on Apr 20, 2008 at 04:51 PM

Apr 20, 2008 at 01:36 PM
CVickery
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · How to post Feedback?

Fred, is it a problem if I post to a currently active thread by a member, and then leave feedback about a previous transaction? It would save bumping a long inactive thread.

Apr 20, 2008 at 02:42 PM
rgiaco777
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · How to post Feedback?

"I can't wait to play with my new 3MP camera!"

Thanks for the great explanation!

Apr 20, 2008 at 03:12 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · How to post Feedback?

CVickery wrote:
Fred, is it a problem if I post to a currently active thread by a member, and then leave feedback about a previous transaction? It would save bumping a long inactive thread.

Since the feedback system is "Member-based" and not "Transaction-based", I don't see a problem doing that.

Edited on Apr 20, 2008 at 04:49 PM

Apr 20, 2008 at 04:41 PM
msavin
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · How to post Feedback?

how do i post a feedback on a previous transaction? it was in Feb.and of course not available at this time.

Apr 20, 2008 at 07:10 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · How to post Feedback?

msavin wrote:
how do i post a feedback on a previous transaction? it was in Feb.and of course not available at this time.

All you need to do is to find the transaction thread first. You can do that using the forum search.
You can find a specific topic or all posts from a member on the Buy and Sell board.

** If you want to find all your posts in the Buy and Sell board, just click on the "My board posts" link on the top of page. -- I just added this link

Once you find the thread, you will be able to see the "Post feedback to Member X" button on all "Member X" posts in that thread. If you don't see the button, it's because you have not replied to that thread yet. If that is the case, reply to the thread (writing anything) to be able to see the feedback button.

Once you post feedback and would like Member X to reciprocate, send him/her a PM with the thread link asking for feedback exchange.

I hope this helps!

Edited by Fred Miranda on Apr 20, 2008 at 09:31 PM GMT (Reason: Just made searching easier by adding My board posts)

Edited on Apr 20, 2008 at 08:31 PM

Apr 20, 2008 at 07:22 PM
Jack M
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · How to post Feedback?

Fred Miranda wrote:
msavin wrote:
Once you post feedback and would like Member X to reciprocate, send him/her a PM with the thread link asking for feedback exchange.

I hope this helps!

Will this bump the old thread?

Edited on Apr 20, 2008 at 08:32 PM

Apr 20, 2008 at 07:40 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · How to post Feedback?

freaklikeme wrote:
I didn't know it was broken.

Very smooth transition, Fred, at least from this perspective.

One minor detail- when you click on someone's feedback, it takes you to a page labeled username feedbacks.

I always hear banjos playing when I see a redundant pluralization.

It was not broken...It just works better now since we will not be clogging the first page of the board.
Topics that have been marked as "Sold:", "Bought:", "Traded", "Auctioned:" (gray linked) as well as topics older than 60 days can be replied but will not get bumped.

Thanks for the feedback(s) advice. I have made the changes.
Best,
Fred

Apr 23, 2008 at 10:51 AM
Todd Adamson
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · How to post Feedback?

If the person who bought gear I listed is NOT a B&S subscriber, can they still leave me feedback? Can I leave them feedback (as long as they've posted in the thread)?

Apr 27, 2008 at 05:21 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · How to post Feedback?

Todd Adamson wrote:
If the person who bought gear I listed is NOT a B&S subscriber, can they still leave me feedback? Can I leave them feedback (as long as they've posted in the thread)?

Yes, you will have a feedback ticker after your first post on the Buy and Sell board. (Subscriber or not)

Apr 27, 2008 at 09:27 PM
Yakim Peled
• • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · How to post Feedback?

One thing puzzles me. Why can members which are not the buyer or seller (Member B in the example above) post feedback?

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Apr 28, 2008 at 04:30 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · How to post Feedback?

Yakim Peled wrote:
One thing puzzles me. Why can members which are not the buyer or seller (Member B in the example above) post feedback?

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Hi Yakim,
Good question!
In this example, Member B could post feedback but should not. (There is no way for the code to know who will close the deal and in the case multiple items being sold, two or more members could close the deal)
- That is why the post feedback button appears for all members who participated on the listing thread.

However, if Member B posted a feedback but did not participate in closing of the deal, his feedback would be deleted and he would be warned.
I'm in the process of updating the board rules and this info will be available there.

Fred

Edited on Apr 28, 2008 at 11:32 AM

Apr 28, 2008 at 11:28 AM
Yakim Peled
• • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · How to post Feedback?

Well, I hope this option will not be abused much so you won't have to moderate it for excessive amounts of time. This way you will have more time to improve the forum even more…

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Apr 29, 2008 at 12:57 AM

p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · How to post Feedback?

Jack M wrote:
Will this bump the old thread?

A Buy and Sell topic will NOT bump IF:

• The topic is older than 60 days.
  • The topic is marked as "Sold:", "Traded:", "Bought:" or "Auctioned"
  • The OP didn't wait 12 hours after the last reply to his/her thread.

Mar 02, 2009 at 12:39 AM
wkhc168
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · How to post Feedback?

Is the Feedback Info removed or is it just not available until you subscribe to buy and sell?

Apr 16, 2014 at 09:26 AM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.