Upload & Sell: On
Manny: Nice set. Here's some shot-by-shot C&C:
1. Great action, not the best angle given the background. This is one that might have been better from under the basket.
2. I really like this different perspective, and the hardwood provides a nice, clean background. It would be nice to be able to see the basket, but assuming she's not getting near it with her jump, you'd have to go much wider to include it, and that probably would ruin the shot.
3. Good action once again, but if you're thinking the coach and others watching from the right side of the image add to its appeal, I'd disagree and suggest a tighter crop to eliminate that distraction. Now, if this is a photo for the school newspaper or website, then including that element of the environment makes perfect sense. If the strongest, tightest action shot is your goal, the crop is warranted.
4. Nice, tight competitive action, background be damned.
5. Good action, would like to see even a small piece of the basket.
6. Pretty good action but a bit crowded with extraneous bodies.
7. Good action. I'd recommend going vertical with a tighter crop.
8. Very nice.
9. I'm undecided about this one. I can see the appeal of this wide perspective, but I also am thinking a bit tighter would work as well. I always like to consider what each person in the frame is (or is not) contributing to the overall effect of the image.
11. This one probably tells the overall story better than any.
This is a strong set in a setting that, while it might be well lit, certainly poses a number of challenges where backgrounds are concerned. I hope you don't mind my feedback, which is based on how I see your images, and that, of course, will differ from how others see them.