Film spectral sensitivity checker. 🤪 Just kidding, this is Red Yellow Blue White and Black with White Border (1952-1953) by Ellsworth Kelly. San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA). https://www.sfmoma.org/artwork/99.349/
Nikon FE, AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D, Ultrafine Xtreme 400, developed in LegacyPro L110 at 1:31 for 5.5 minutes.
After being large format curious for nearly 30 years, I took the plunge. I recently picked up a new-to-me Chamonix 45F-2 view camera and the negatives are starting to roll in. Here are a few from a recent road trip that I took on 2 lane roads from East TN to East TX. Black and whites were on Arista EDU Ultra 100 and the color shot was on Cat Labs X 100, which from the interwebs is likely Kodak Aerocolor IV aerial film. Camera was a Chamonix 45F-2 and lenses were the Schneider 135mm Symmar-S f/5.6or the Nikkor 90mm W f/8.
First shot of the trip, I found the hard limits of the image circle of the Schneider 135mm f5.6 Symmar-S lens I was using: TVA Kingston Fossil Plant by Spencer Hochstetler, on Flickr
The post office and courthouse that straddles the border of Texas and Arkansas in Texarkana that is so popular to photograph, that they built a little turfed location in front of it that's called Photographer's Island so that it was safer for all of the saps like me to take a picture of the building that is split between two states while you straddle the state line. Texarkana Court House and Post Office by Spencer Hochstetler, on Flickr
Even though it was around 100F every day on my road trip, this day stands out as one of the hottest. I think I sweated about a pint getting this shot of a few Crepe Myrtle trees along the Bluff Park Trail in Natchez, MS. They love their Crepe Myrtles in Natchez as they lines many streets near downtown. A very beautiful place! Bluff Park - Natchez, MS by Spencer Hochstetler, on Flickr
Morning fog through the trees at a trailhead in Spillway Falls Park near Demopolis, AL. The apparent lack of an antihalation layer on this film really made the backlit fog/haze glow up... Spillway Falls Park - Demopolis, AL by Spencer Hochstetler, on Flickr
About 45 minutes from home, I saw this striking church in Rutledge, TN (the Historical Rutledge Presbyterian Church) and had to make yet one of the many turnarounds I made while touring the blue highways of the South. Historic Rutledge Presbyterian Church - Rutledge, TN by Spencer Hochstetler, on Flickr
Spencer Hochst wrote:
After being large format curious for nearly 30 years, I took the plunge. I recently picked up a new-to-me Chamonix 45F-2 view camera and the negatives are starting to roll in. Here are a few from a recent road trip that I took on 2 lane roads from East TN to East TX. Black and whites were on Arista EDU Ultra 100 and the color shot was on Cat Labs X 100, which from the interwebs is likely Kodak Aerocolor IV aerial film. Camera was a Chamonix 45F-2 and lenses were the Schneider 135mm Symmar-S f/5.6or the Nikkor 90mm W f/8.
The post office and courthouse that straddles the border of Texas and Arkansas in Texarkana that is so popular to photograph, that they built a little turfed location in front of it that's called Photographer's Island so that it was safer for all of the saps like me to take a picture of the building that is split between two states while you straddle the state line. https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/55552124757_2241354cbd_b.jpgTexarkana Court House and Post Office by Spencer Hochstetler, on Flickr
Even though it was around 100F every day on my road trip, this day stands out as one of the hottest. I think I sweated about a pint getting this shot of a few Crepe Myrtle trees along the Bluff Park Trail in Natchez, MS. They love their Crepe Myrtles in Natchez as they lines many streets near downtown. A very beautiful place! https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/55553151911_55816b22bc_b.jpgBluff Park - Natchez, MS by Spencer Hochstetler, on Flickr
lifeandmylens wrote:
Welcome! Great shots, LF is fun!
Thanks! I was really bummed that I missed your 4x5 sell off - I'd have loved to pick up the 45-F2 and other accessories you had (from one Tennessean to another - I like buying "local"!).
A redux of a shot I took of Big Boy 4014 in transit across the Black Rock Desert (NV-Home of "Burning Man"). Dale Labs processed the XP2 film and did the original scans as I ordered. I rescanned all the negatives in my Canoscan FS4000US and got about the same results. They use a Noritsu system that outputs around 24Mb, so I'm pretty pleased from the results of a +30 year old scanner, of which I now have two, along with a good set of film and transparency holders. DxO Photolab is becoming my favorite application for taking the "rough edges" from many of the sins involved with analog photography. I still have my darkroom running, but dealing with the ever-increasing costs of the overall process (film, paper, chemicals) is starting to take some of the fun out of it, sadly.
Regards.
Edd
EOS 1n - Canoscan FS4000EF 40mm f2.8 STM lens40mmf/11.0400 ISO