I was gifted two boxes of cameras from a friend of mine who recently retired and is going thru his house getting rid of stuff. Some of the cameras don't work but one of them, a Minolta AL-F does work. After ordering a Wein cell battery the meter works flawlessly. Focus appears to be spot on. I could go on and on but here is a picture of the camera and a few shots from the first test roll. The only failed shots were due to motion blur from my poor hand holding technique.
All shots were on Kentmere Pan 400, dev'd in XTOL at 20C for 9 minutes. Scanned on easy35 V2 with Z7 II and 105mm F 2/8 VR
Whenever I see photos of Indiana it reminds me of my first trip there in the late 1970s. My father and I drove out to Kokomo, where my grandmother and grandfather were living. I remember coming into town and seeing a garage called Kokomotors with a big sign out front saying "Bald Tires Cause Hairy Accidents." Definitely the 1970s.
My mother's side of the family lived in Elwood and they were all glassblowers; one of my relatives is still running the glass factory there today.
Float plane drop-off at Alaska in early morning before going fly fishing for arctic char with my bamboo fly rod - Voigtlander Bessa R2, Light Lens Lab Elcan, Kodacolor 200
caught a few later in the day including one of 30+ inches... film camera, bamboo fly rods, mechanical watch.....
Whenever I see photos of Indiana it reminds me of my first trip there in the late 1970s. My father and I drove out to Kokomo, where my grandmother and grandfather were living. I remember coming into town and seeing a garage called Kokomotors with a big sign out front saying "Bald Tires Cause Hairy Accidents." Definitely the 1970s.
My mother's side of the family lived in Elwood and they were all glassblowers; one of my relatives is still running the glass factory there today.