fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Film Is Not Dead Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       1761              1763       …       1765       1766       end
  

Post your recent film shots!

  
 
bjhurley
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1762 #1 · Post your recent film shots!


My second roll of Svema 400 in the 1950s Bencini Comet S (127 film) came out better than the first. Still lots of light leaks, but that's likely due to the film, which is on a polyester base that is very prone to light-piping. The leaks were strongest at the beginning of the roll, and I used a changing bag to take out the film once it was exposed and load it into the tank. This was the last shot on the roll.

Early morning walkers by Brad Hurley, on Flickr



Sep 22, 2026 at 12:43 PM
James Markus
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1762 #2 · Post your recent film shots!


jimmuller wrote:
Well, my Linux system has an AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 270 Processor × 2, 3.7G of memroy. It shouldn't be a slouch but is admittedly 2 upgrades old. We upgraded my sweetie's office system a few years ago. Then because MS said it couldn't run Win11 and threatened computer-virus Armageddon we upgraded again to Wn11. The first was an incremental upgrade, the second an excremental upgrade. I would install Linux on the newer machine but I fear TurboTax wanting some older data. When next year's taxes are successfully submitted I may move to the newer system.

One disturbingly invasive thing FerrumPix
...Show more →


Love the rich colors of the first and last photos. If FerrumPix searched my computer initially, ir would only find 1400 pixel web sized images. My photos are stored across my NAS network. With an M2 drive in this box - no wonder it seemed instant - it was instant.




Sep 22, 2026 at 01:05 PM
jimmuller
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1762 #3 · Post your recent film shots!


James Markus wrote:
Love the rich colors of the first and last photos.


Thank you. FWIW, I didn't do much to any of those pics, just almost imperceptible contrast increase and some of what FerrumPix calls Clarity which seems to be a sharpening of sorts. No color manipulation per se. Just whatever the film gave me.

I feel like I've taken lots of shots like those over the last year. Been too busy lately though. The last shot was with the 2.8cm, IIRC. That first one may have been with the 105mm.

I've discovered that my thought process for selecting shots is different in two ways between film and digital. The idea that it would produce a tangible item throws me back to my younger days when I was trying to capture experiences instead of create images. It changes my criterion for desirability. Second, as I get closer to the end of a roll I tend to take shots that I might skip with the Z, just so that I'll finish up the roll faster and get it processed sooner. It's "Let's try this, maybe it will be interesting." I do that with the Z too but just to try something, not so I can take the pics off the camera sooner. With film it feels wasteful but the motivation pushes me to do it anyway.

James Markus wrote:
If FerrumPix searched my computer initially, it would only find 1400 pixel web sized images. My photos are stored across my NAS network. With an M2 drive in this box - no wonder it seemed instant - it was instant.


Ah. I did not think to downsize those pics before sending them to Flickr or even loading them into FerrumPix. Normally I do any color or contrast/brightness manipulation before resizing. I could have resized them first, I suppose, don't know why I didn't resize them at all. Got distracted by the glitz of a bunch of new buttons!

Must try again.



Sep 22, 2026 at 01:41 PM
lifeandmylens
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1762 #4 · Post your recent film shots!


The Indiana Dunes

Part of my American Dream project.

Chamonix 8x10
19” Artar
Kodak 160







Sep 22, 2026 at 02:49 PM
James Markus
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1762 #5 · Post your recent film shots!


lifeandmylens wrote:
The Indiana Dunes

Part of my American Dream project.

Chamonix 8x10
19” Artar
Kodak 160



Shawn, That's dedication! Carrying that rig in sand - amazing!

It reminds me of those Mad magazine drawings of people going about their daily routine, while a mushroom cloud, and post apocalyptic city lays in the background. I know that area. There is park not far from there that has a dune known to swallow people whole. Apparently, there are voids in the sand from long buried trees. You find the best stuff!




Sep 22, 2026 at 03:06 PM
lifeandmylens
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1762 #6 · Post your recent film shots!


James Markus wrote:
Shawn, That's dedication! Carrying that rig in sand - amazing!

It reminds me of those Mad magazine drawings of people going about their daily routine, while a mushroom cloud, and post apocalyptic city lays in the background. I know that area. There is park not far from there that has a dune known to swallow people whole. Apparently, there are voids in the sand from long buried trees. You find the best stuff!




Thanks James - it was definitely a workout! But such a surreal scene. I let the photo sit for a few months to get some distance from it and just went back to it today and couldn’t believe it’s not from 1970 or something.



Sep 22, 2026 at 03:54 PM
jgurbisz
Online
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1762 #7 · Post your recent film shots!


James Markus wrote:
Besides an eye for interesting subjects; you have a talent for titling your images.


Appreciate it, thanks for looking and reading!




Sep 22, 2026 at 06:28 PM
jgurbisz
Online
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1762 #8 · Post your recent film shots!


lifeandmylens wrote:
The Indiana Dunes

Part of my American Dream project.

Chamonix 8x10
19” Artar
Kodak 160



This is fantastic! Reminds me a lot of the album artwork for Be Good by the band Off With Their Heads.






Sep 22, 2026 at 06:32 PM
lifeandmylens
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1762 #9 · Post your recent film shots!


jgurbisz wrote:
This is fantastic! Reminds me a lot of the album artwork for Be Good by the band Off With Their Heads.

https://offwiththeirheads.deco.ink/330-thickbox_default/off-with-their-heads-be-good-vinyl.jpg



Thank you, that does look like it!



Sep 22, 2026 at 07:36 PM
James Markus
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1762 #10 · Post your recent film shots!


A comparative view of my normal workflow, and FerrumPix test. In this case, I am not satisfied with either. I was looking for something between the two. I don't like the lighting, and the contrast isn't good in either. What I was testing for was how sharp is the Pentax 67 55mm f3.5 wide open, and what does the bokeh look like near mfd (45cm). Turns out the lens is sharper than I expected, and the bokeh isn't creamy enough. Maybe a #1 extension tube will solve that. I used a homemade support (my lowest profile - 2.5" high), cable release, and shutter speeds down to 1/30th of a second. Since the 6x7 lacks mirror lockup the recoil made the whole rig jump alarmingly, yet the images are sharp with absolutely no motion blur.





Pentax-6x7_w-SMC-Pentax-67_55mm-f3.5_UFX-400@800-Xtol-1+1_16min-68 degrees



Edited on Sep 22, 2026 at 08:45 PM · View previous versions



Sep 22, 2026 at 08:34 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

rji2goleez
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1762 #11 · Post your recent film shots!


Nikon SP + 35/1.8

Ultrafine Extreme 100 + HC-110

















Sep 22, 2026 at 08:40 PM
James Markus
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1762 #12 · Post your recent film shots!


rji2goleez wrote:
Nikon SP + 35/1.8

Ultrafine Extreme 100 + HC-110


Those look great. Wonder how a portrait wide open would render with that lens?




Sep 22, 2026 at 08:48 PM
rji2goleez
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1762 #13 · Post your recent film shots!


Thanks. I'm very happy with this camera/lens so far. Next roll, I'll see if I can get a portrait with this lens wide open. For now, a couple more.

Nikon SP + 35/1.8
Ultrafine Extreme 100 + HC-110

















Sep 22, 2026 at 09:04 PM
madNbad
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1762 #14 · Post your recent film shots!


rji2goleez wrote:
Thanks. I'm very happy with this camera/lens so far. Next roll, I'll see if I can get a portrait with this lens wide open. For now, a couple more.

Nikon SP + 35/1.8
Ultrafine Extreme 100 + HC-110


Two questions:
What dilution are you using?
What is your scanning process?

The Nikons are different than the M cameras but they have a certain charm and the lenses evolved to be the classics of the F series. Glad you're going to keep it.



Sep 22, 2026 at 09:14 PM
rji2goleez
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1762 #15 · Post your recent film shots!


madNbad wrote:
Two questions:
What dilution are you using?
What is your scanning process?

The Nikons are different than the M cameras but they have a certain charm and the lenses evolved to be the classics of the F series. Glad you're going to keep it.


I'm using dilution B (1:31). I cooked this film for 8 minutes. The Development Database said 8:30 but I think that's too much based on past development.

Scanning: Sony A1 II with Sigma 105/2.8 macro. I have a setup similar to the Valoi system.



Sep 22, 2026 at 09:18 PM
dourbalistar
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1762 #16 · Post your recent film shots!


North Face Climb Festival, China Basin Park, San Francisco.

Nikon FM2n, AI Nikkor 50mm f/1.8S, Ultrafine eXtreme 400, developed in LegacyPro L110 at 1:31 for 5.5 minutes.


2025.08.02 Roll #381-09384-positive.jpg by dourbalistar, on Flickr



Sep 22, 2026 at 11:00 PM
OffTrail
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1762 #17 · Post your recent film shots!


rji2goleez wrote:
Early impressions

I'll compare to the M3 as they were made around the same time and the SP was supposed to be Nikon's answer to the M3. The M3 viewfinder is clearly brighter. Whether that because my SP could use a good cleaning of the viewfinder/rangefinder or not I don't know. Handling is not very different.

I use a hot shoe mounted light meter on both. Measure, dial in settings, compose and shoot.

The lenses on the SP can mount 'internally' and externally. The 50/1.4 mounts internally to the SP mount whereas the 35/1.8 has a collar that fits over the SP
...Show more →

Very interesting. I've got an F and it appears the SP and F share some DNA. The F feels quite a bit more "loose" and angular than my M2, so I've often wondered how the SP handled and operated in comparison. Haven't actually run across one in person yet, oddly.

And I agree on old cameras. If they're working, I'm going to make an excuse to use them at least once in a while. Enjoy it, looks like you're putting in good work with it already.



Sep 22, 2026 at 11:11 PM
madNbad
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1762 #18 · Post your recent film shots!


rji2goleez wrote:
I'm using dilution B (1:31). I cooked this film for 8 minutes. The Development Database said 8:30 but I think that's too much based on past development.

Scanning: Sony A1 II with Sigma 105/2.8 macro. I have a setup similar to the Valoi system.


Thanks! I've been using Adox Syrup 110 which is similar to the original Kodak formula. I've been using Dilution E (1:47) for 6:30. I also like Adox XT-3, which is similar to Xtol.
I'm using a Sony A7CII with the FE90 2.8 Macro and the Negative Supply gear that has evolved over the years.



Sep 23, 2026 at 12:34 AM
jimmuller
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1762 #19 · Post your recent film shots!


James Markus wrote:
A comparative view of my normal workflow, and FerrumPix test. In this case, I am not satisfied with either. I was looking for something between the two. I don't like the lighting, and the contrast isn't good in either. ...


Interesting, I think. If you hadn't said otherwise I would have guessed both were processed with the same software but just left in different final states. Or to put it another way, either image could have been made closer to the other with manual manipulation. Of course if the whole point is to test automatic settings then it's a different game.



Sep 23, 2026 at 04:55 AM
OffTrail
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1762 #20 · Post your recent film shots!


A bit of Fuji GSW690III and Gold.






I don't think using the building's side as my level guide was a great move.




Sep 23, 2026 at 06:01 AM
1       2       3       …       1761              1763       …       1765       1766       end






FM Forums | Film Is Not Dead Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       1761              1763       …       1765       1766       end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account