Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              1013              1015              1041       1042       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Douglas L
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1014 #1 · p.1014 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

RWNPhoto wrote:
Douglas... in your last post, what happened to #3 in the shot of with just #1, #2, and #4...?
BTW, for some, #4 is Amanda Lee, first female pilot to make the team and the delta...

Here is a shot of Lt. Amanda Lee from the Barksdale show in 2023. I saw her flying a couple times before she joined the Blue Angels. She was the demo pilot of the Rhino F-18 Super Hornet Demo.

May 24, 2024 at 10:34 PM
Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.1014 #2 · p.1014 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Beautiful, I remember that shot. The one on the other page, you should post that one here...It's a beauty with all 4 of them.

May 25, 2024 at 12:15 AM
Douglas L
• • • • •
p.1014 #3 · p.1014 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

For the Hog fans, here you go... First time to see it popping flares. This is the last season they perform as a demo team. This was the main motivation for me to travel in the hell hole traffic to Jones Beach. I am not going to post the BA shots from Jones Beach this time, just too much BA in one week.

ILCE-1    FE 600mm F4 GM OSS + 1.4X Teleconverter lens    840mm    f/6.3    1/3200s    320 ISO    +0.3 EV  

ILCE-1    FE 600mm F4 GM OSS + 1.4X Teleconverter lens    840mm    f/6.3    1/3200s    320 ISO    +0.3 EV  

ILCE-1    FE 600mm F4 GM OSS + 1.4X Teleconverter lens    840mm    f/6.3    1/3200s    400 ISO    +0.3 EV  

ILCE-1    FE 600mm F4 GM OSS + 1.4X Teleconverter lens    840mm    f/6.3    1/3200s    250 ISO    +0.3 EV  

ILCE-1    FE 600mm F4 GM OSS + 1.4X Teleconverter lens    840mm    f/6.3    1/3200s    250 ISO    +0.3 EV  

May 25, 2024 at 08:23 AM
Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.1014 #4 · p.1014 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

So neat with the flares. Nice shots.

May 25, 2024 at 09:40 AM
JayDavis
• • • •
p.1014 #5 · p.1014 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Been rather busy lately, thankfully!

Shot this G-550 a week ago for a new client of mine, they are upgrading to a G-650.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day weekend and remember the ultimate sacrifice the men and women of all the different branches of our military gave for our freedom!

May 25, 2024 at 10:05 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1014 #6 · p.1014 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Douglas L wrote:
For the Hog fans, here you go... First time to see it popping flares. This is the last season they perform as a demo team. This was the main motivation for me to travel in the hell hole traffic to Jones Beach. I am not going to post the BA shots from Jones Beach this time, just too much BA in one week.

Was just guessing at where you were shooting from Douglas.
Ceremonies at ANC are by "Invitation Only" for Sunday nights and Monday morning events. I had an extra invitation for Suzanne but she is not able to go.
I will pass it on to my life long friend and Vietnam vet I grew up with.

Fantastic photography Douglas!
Dan

May 25, 2024 at 11:32 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1014 #7 · p.1014 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Well yesterday was a bit of a mixed bag, IFR conditions diverted most of our airshow aircraft. Major General Tommy Williams braved the conditions in a Pilatus PC-7 and wowed the attendees with a few passes. Because, as I am told, "flexibility is the key to air power".......I took the opportunity to concentrate on capturing the twenty Generals that were in attendance, plus the family of a Navy Seal who recently lost his life, along with his team, in the Med while on a mission in a Blackhawk helicopter. We also lost two pilots to an accident at the NATO training base at Wichita Falls in the last week, they were honored as well.

This gentleman, following faithfully in his father's footsteps, does an amazing job recognizing, honoring and supporting our military, it is a privilege to be a small part in that effort.

May 26, 2024 at 06:40 PM
cs3is
• • •
p.1014 #8 · p.1014 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Douglas L wrote:

Super set. Great job on the flares. Never seen them this up close

May 26, 2024 at 08:22 PM
Ttown Aubie
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1014 #9 · p.1014 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

My family and I went to see the Blue Angels movie this afternoon. It is well worth taking a visit to the theatre.

May 26, 2024 at 09:15 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1014 #10 · p.1014 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

A military tattoo! (See Weekly Assignment)

Today is Memorial Day! A very solemn and stressful day for myself and most combat soldiers and any veteran. I lost many "brothers" to war.

Show me the manner in which a nation or a community cares for its dead and I will measure with mathematical exactness the tender sympathies of its people, their respect for the laws of the land and their loyalty to high ideals.
Sir William E. Gladstone

Here are just a few from yesterday while attending an invitation only military tattoo for those that walk the hallowed grounds of Arlington National Cemetery!

Sir Wm. Gladstone also said 2 very important ideals hundreds of years ago but still need remembering:
"We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace."
AND
"Nothing that is morally wrong can be politically right.

General Robert E. Lee Mansion - Arlington House- SingRay-VND filter for clouds

A Tattoo - Military Style-

Edited on May 28, 2024 at 02:20 PM · View previous versions

May 27, 2024 at 09:44 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.1014 #11 · p.1014 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Nice work Dan and a big thank you for your service and everyone else.
Happy Memorial Day Dan and everyone.

May 27, 2024 at 11:56 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1014 #12 · p.1014 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Beautiful Dan!

May 27, 2024 at 01:13 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1014 #13 · p.1014 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

You all have probably noticed that The Reno Air Races are moving to Roswell New Mexico. The first event will be in 2025. I spent a week in Roswell one night............... This will be an economic boon to the economy of the area, and that is wonderful, but they have some work to do if the are going to have the infrastructure to successfully support an event of that magnitude. Hotels in West Texas and that part of New Mexico are sparse and cater to the oil field largely, so that have some spiffing up to do. This will be interesting, much of my Permian Basin work is a stone's throw from Roswell, maybe I'll take in the inaugural event next year. Reno's landscape backdrops aren't what you would call breathtaking, picture the monotone browns of Reno without the mountains and you have Roswell. They definitely won't run into the push back from sprawling suburbia in that part of New Mexico, so maybe it will work.

May 27, 2024 at 01:22 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1014 #14 · p.1014 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The muddy waters of Canon Rumors are beginning to clear slightly and it appears that the R1 will have 24MP in a stacked sensor, the entry fee will be in the middle sixes. Supposedly there will be an AI integrated AF system that will be uber accurate. All those specs have me looking forward to the R5 Series II and it's stacked 45MP sensor. I think it will have updated AF, low rolling shutter and 8K/60 video capability, all for a couple of grand less than the R1. I may eat my words, but the R1 just doesn't seem to be aimed at my market, but it should be dynamite for the sports guys. Who knows, dead on sharply focused 24MP images with a high dynamic range could be tempting, we'll just have to see. I just harken back to my two 1DX Series III bodies, they were rock solid platforms, which I used very little and eventually sold.

May 27, 2024 at 01:34 PM
Ray Swindle
• • •
p.1014 #15 · p.1014 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I have noticed the R3 prices are falling; makes me think it might go away or become a high priced full frame 7D. With those R1 specs, the birding people will probably move on to Sony's A1. Interesting times, but I can wait to see what the plan is. I have my R6 and R5C, they are working great for me, although the R6 has had a lot of use over the years. Do I replace it with an R6II, R3 or an R3II

May 27, 2024 at 06:41 PM
Ray Swindle
• • •
p.1014 #16 · p.1014 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
You all have probably noticed that The Reno Air Races are moving to Roswell New Mexico. The first event will be in 2025. I spent a week in Roswell one night............... This will be an economic boon to the economy of the area, and that is wonderful, but they have some work to do if the are going to have the infrastructure to successfully support an event of that magnitude. Hotels in West Texas and that part of New Mexico are sparse and cater to the oil field largely, so that have some spiffing up to do. This will be
...Show more

Remember when all the US Air Force bases were built so far out of towns they would avoid over population. Now most of the bases they have closed with the realignment committee were surrounded by housing developments. Have you taken a look at Luke AFB near Phoenix? I remember driving past Phoenix through the desert to get to the base, now it is surrounded by homes.

Around 1974, we were running an F-101 in afterburner for maintenance at the tie down pad when ground control contacted us saying we had to shut down. Some lady called the base commander to complain we woke up her baby. I mean, that base has been there since 1923, you would think people would have known what was going on an Air Force base. Shortly after that the USAF closed Ellington AFB and turned it over to Houston.

May 27, 2024 at 06:48 PM
Douglas L
• • • • •
p.1014 #17 · p.1014 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
The muddy waters of Canon Rumors are beginning to clear slightly and it appears that the R1 will have 24MP in a stacked sensor, the entry fee will be in the middle sixes. Supposedly there will be an AI integrated AF system that will be uber accurate. All those specs have me looking forward to the R5 Series II and it's stacked 45MP sensor. I think it will have updated AF, low rolling shutter and 8K/60 video capability, all for a couple of grand less than the R1. I may eat my words, but the R1 just doesn't seem to
...Show more

For all this waiting, may as well get a Sony A9III for $4800 to get the global shutter and 120 FPS😂. Just kidding, i am sure the R1 will be a fine camera for its intended audience.

May 27, 2024 at 10:24 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1014 #18 · p.1014 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Canon rumors has an interesting article asking where the R5S 120 mp camera disappeared to. They made a big deal over the capability, and plans to build it, then 8 years of silence followed.

May 28, 2024 at 11:07 AM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.1014 #19 · p.1014 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
You all have probably noticed that The Reno Air Races are moving to Roswell New Mexico. The first event will be in 2025. I spent a week in Roswell one night............... This will be an economic boon to the economy of the area, and that is wonderful, but they have some work to do if the are going to have the infrastructure to successfully support an event of that magnitude. Hotels in West Texas and that part of New Mexico are sparse and cater to the oil field largely, so that have some spiffing up to do. This will be
...Show more

Looks like a hot place temprature wise that is

May 28, 2024 at 01:18 PM
Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.1014 #20 · p.1014 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jan-Arie wrote:
Looks like a hot place temprature wise that is

Ya and a lot more than a 6 hour drive now...

May 28, 2024 at 01:38 PM
1       2       3              1013              1015              1041       1042       end

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.