1) Have you been seeing blue boxes in place of embedded images lately? See example below. I see this for my own embedded photos and others half the time now.
2) Are Flickr users seeing this today? Most of my sharing options are gone on both public and private photos, including the option to download my own photos and see photos at all available sizes.
Looking more closely at desktop, the download button is still there, just invisible. If you hover over the space it should be to the right of the share arrow, you can click it and see all sizes.
I saw a handful of blue boxes last week, but I know the same images I couldn't see were visible a short time later. I don't remember which browsers (between desktop and mobile). Checked some threads now, and I don't see any boxes.
Checking @James Burden@'s post there, I see both images on Edge, Chrome, Firefox, and Brave for Win 11, and Safari, Edge, and Brave for iOS.
And no to the invisible share button on Edge Win11.
however when I hit submit, I had a blue box, then I hit refresh and the blue box went away and the Flickr information was present and there was just an empty gap where the pic would be.
Lately when I upload to flickr then post it here (via BBcode) shortly afterwards, it just shows the x box here for anywhere from a few hours to a day or more, then starts showing the image after that (refreshing didn't help until enough time had passed).
I wondered if it was something in flickr servers taking a while to catch up with a recently uploaded photo.
But presumably others could see the image from the start as the posts have had 'likes' fairly promptly.
Posting an older one here to see if it does the same when it isn't a recent upload:
Lately when I upload to flickr then post it here (via BBcode) shortly afterwards, it just shows the x box here for anywhere from a few hours to a day, then starts showing the image after that (refreshing didn't help until enough time had passed).
I wondered if it was something in flickr servers taking a while to catch up with a recently uploaded photo.
But presumably others could see the image from the start as the posts have had 'likes' fairly promptly.
Posting an older one here to see if it does the same when it isn't a recent upload: