fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1              3       end
  

2 questions for our Flickr users

  
 
GravelBen
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


Seabassius wrote:
Blue Box for me



Interesting, it's very hit and miss!

I'm not seeing any blue boxes in this thread at the moment.

(Desktop on Firefox if that matters)



Sep 26, 2026 at 07:03 PM
Seabassius
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


GravelBen wrote:
Interesting, it's very hit and miss!

I'm not seeing any blue boxes in this thread at the moment.

(Desktop on Firefox if that matters)


Yeah, I turned on my VPN and my picture finally showed, but yours still is a blue box



Sep 26, 2026 at 07:05 PM
gregfountain
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


I've always been curious how posting images from Flickr works so here goes - surely will do something wrong though

Last bit of Sun by Greg Fountain, on Flickr

Yup. Getting the blue box, but clicking the text takes me to the image on Flickr.

Edited on Sep 26, 2026 at 09:40 PM · View previous versions



Sep 26, 2026 at 07:15 PM
RoamingScott
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #4 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


I can see yours. I’m now pretty convinced this is a cookie or cache issue since I’m seeing everybody’s.

I did log out of Flickr manually today and logged back in.

gregfountain wrote:
I've always been curious how posting image from flick works so here goes - surely will do something wrong though

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/55443014465_e9f57d948f_k.jpgLast bit of Sun by Greg Fountain, on Flickr

Yup. Getting the blue box, but clicking the text takes me to the image on Flickr.




Sep 26, 2026 at 07:48 PM
mascejos
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #5 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


'

Edited on Sep 27, 2026 at 01:34 AM · View previous versions



Sep 26, 2026 at 08:29 PM
gregfountain
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #6 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


RoamingScott wrote:
I can see yours. I’m now pretty convinced this is a cookie or cache issue since I’m seeing everybody’s.

I did log out of Flickr manually today and logged back in.



I still see the blue box. Maybe I'll try logging out of Flickr and back in to see if it changes.

Now I see it. Weird.



Sep 26, 2026 at 08:31 PM
gdanmitchell
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #7 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


gdanmitchell wrote:
Here’s a BBCode-based repost from Flickr:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/55497853724_bbc7de184c_o.jpgSoft Light, Ellery Lake by G Dan Mitchell, on Flickr

I’m just seeing the broken image icon in place of my photograph.


So, to update…

When I posted the message (that I’m quoting and replying to) all that I saw was the broken image icon plus the text links. Now, some hours later, the image appears correctly in the original post.

Perhaps there’s a time interval between posting the Flickr BB-Code text and when the image shows up correctly?

Odd.



Sep 26, 2026 at 09:57 PM
jowul
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #8 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


I have had that happen to me as well. However, it happened each time when I was asked to reset my password. When I updated, or renewed my FM password it no longer happened. When you click on the blue box you get to the image I wanted to post, but in my Flicker account and therefore functions in the FM Forum (giving a like, etc.) are not available.


Sep 26, 2026 at 10:09 PM
Seabassius
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #9 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


gdanmitchell wrote:
So, to update…

When I posted the message (that I’m quoting and replying to) all that I saw was the broken image icon plus the text links. Now, some hours later, the image appears correctly in the original post.

Perhaps there’s a time interval between posting the Flickr BB-Code text and when the image shows up correctly?

Odd.


Same. When I posted my image and shortly thereafter @GravelBen posted his, I didn't see either, but some time after, my image was visible and then when I just logged in again (2 or 3 hours later) Gravelben's are visible too now. Something about time I think.



Sep 26, 2026 at 10:16 PM
NightOwl Cat
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #10 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


Desktop, Win11 current, Firefox 156.0.1, 64 bit

I see all images and don't use Flickr.

Flickr now owned by SmugMug since 2018. My past experience with smugmug was they were "down for maintenance" more than I liked. I went with Zenfolio as their downtime was extremely minimal.



Sep 27, 2026 at 09:14 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

taildraggin
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #11 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


Ugh, yes. It seems like the shared flickr link changes on some images, sometimes. I find random old posts need to be edited to replace the link. No pattern, but the broken links are not on my oldest posts - seems to happen on posts 3+ mos to 2 years back.


Sep 27, 2026 at 09:52 AM
gdanmitchell
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #12 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


NightOwl Cat wrote:
Desktop, Win11 current, Firefox 156.0.1, 64 bit

I see all images and don't use Flickr.

Flickr now owned by SmugMug since 2018. My past experience with smugmug was they were "down for maintenance" more than I liked. I went with Zenfolio as their downtime was extremely minimal.


I’ve had a Flickr account for a VERY long time. It was the first place I shared photos online — I think my first upload was in the summer of 2005…


TiogaTarnSunset2005|08|06 by G Dan Mitchell, on Flickr

(Having such a long history on Flickr is… interesting. On one hand, there are some images there that I would not share these days — while not new to photography, I was new to digital photography back then. On the other hand, it is fascinating to see how my practices and my photography have changed over the years.)

My point is that overall Flickr has been remarkably stable and reliable for the most part. There are very occasional glitches, but that’s the case with every such online service I’ve ever seen or used.

(Yes, the image I liked to hear produced the broken image icon right after posting at about 8:12AM PDT. We’ll see how long it takes before it works correctly.)

- - -

EDIT: checking back in a day later, the image now appears. Clearly this Flickr image issue is somehow connected to the time since posting the BBCode here.



Sep 27, 2026 at 10:12 AM
Grenache
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #13 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


I have noticed this intermittently. Even stranger: images that start off with the blue box appear normally a day or two later, without me doing anything in between.

Ghost in the Machine?



Sep 28, 2026 at 02:47 PM
RoamingScott
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #14 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


Grenache wrote:
I have noticed this intermittently. Even stranger: images that start off with the blue box appear normally a day or two later, without me doing anything in between.

Ghost in the Machine?


Yep, this is 100% the behavior I see.



Sep 28, 2026 at 02:50 PM
RoamingScott
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #15 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


For giggles, after I submitted the ticket to Flickr, I dug through their documentation. They specifically call out adblockers as a reason this could happen and suggest retesting in private/incognito.

I can say I don't see any blue boxes in Incognito mode. That either points to cookies/cache or adblock extensions.



Sep 28, 2026 at 03:00 PM
Viramati
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #16 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


I'm in the UK and am getting this as well with some images from Eu countries so I turn on my VPN for and Italy and then can see the images!!


Sep 28, 2026 at 03:50 PM
eriet30
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #17 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


Ok yesterday was fine now today cant download from single photo view (still can from camera roll I dont have blue thing but yes affecting me now as well



Sep 28, 2026 at 04:10 PM
jgurbisz
Online
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #18 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


Hi @RoamingScott,

I'm just seeing this post now, but I'm glad you made it as I've been having the same exact issue with my Flickr account in regard to seeing blue boxes in place of embedded images. This has been happening to me for about a month now.

I've narrowed it down to there being something wrong with the actual image file link being generated within the HTML embed code of the "Large (1600 × 1041)" embed code or BB code. What's odd is that on my end, all the other embed codes / BB codes for different photo sizes appear to work correctly. I actually made a post on the Flickr Help Forum Group a couple days about the issue (https://www.flickr.com/groups/helpforum/discuss/72157721925684320/).

What's weird is the image I posted in the Flickr Help group as an example, now shows up as embedded correctly, without me editing anything. However, if I take the HTML Large (1600 × 1041) embed code for another image of mine and try to post it, I get the same blue box with a question mark. I've tried deleting my cache for Flickr from my web browser but to no avail.

I reached out to Flickr Support over a week ago regarding the issue, so they are aware, but as of this posting, the issue still persists. I'm still not 100% sure if it's an issue on Flickr's end or an issue with my browser, but I tried deleting cache and cookies on my browser and it makes no difference. I suspect it is something wrong on Flickr's end, especially since it only seems to be effecting the code for the Large (1600 × 1041) size and since folks here have expressed similar issues.

Fortunately I always post to FM using the Large (1024 × 693) size code, which for whatever reason isn't plagued with the same issue.



Sep 28, 2026 at 04:38 PM
Josh Lewis
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #19 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


I was seeing the icon issue as well even with cleared cache. Happy to see they restored the icons today.


Sep 28, 2026 at 04:49 PM
RoamingScott
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #20 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


I talked to Flickr support about it today for a while. They could not replicate the issue when browsing FM without an account, nor could I replicate it when using incognito mode. They are convinced it’s a cache or FM issue. I even gave them all three public facing IP addresses and asked them to whitelist them.


Sep 28, 2026 at 05:26 PM
1              3       end






FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1              3       end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account