p.1 #8 · What was your sharpest lens, regardless of manufacturer or focal length?
bs kite wrote:
My sharpest was the 55mm 2.8 Micro-Nikkor. I owned the 105 2.8 Micro-Nikkor too, but it was not as sharp as the 55.
Let's see what others post as their sharpest. You can even post an image(s) of the work it produces.
cross-posted to Sony and Canon forums. had trouble cross-posting to Canon, but you are invited too
Robert
Do you mean the highest MTF at 30 or 40 line pairs or something closer to local contrast? Center only or across the field to edges and corners? I owned the 55/2.8 micro for almost 10 years and although it was very good for the era, I think some newer teles like 300/2.8 or 400/2.8 could surpass it as could some other modern primes.
p.1 #9 · What was your sharpest lens, regardless of manufacturer or focal length?
We can’t say based on viewing digital images. To really determine true sharpness, we’d need to view an aerial image from whatever lens evaluated an optical bench to truly determine.
p.1 #11 · What was your sharpest lens, regardless of manufacturer or focal length?
For me, out of the 400+ lenses I've owned since the start of the digital era (2002 for me), it would be the Sony FE 100mm f2.8 Macro GM or the 300mm f2.8 GM.
Honourable mention goes to the OM M.Zuiko ED 300mm f4 and the Panasonic Leica DG Elmarit 200mm f2.8.
p.1 #16 · What was your sharpest lens, regardless of manufacturer or focal length?
The 500/4 IS II is still excellent on 45MP R5 II as it was on 50MP 5DsR in 2015. It holds up relly well to the 1.4x III, but the 2x III is not so great. I'm sure they could make a better, lighter 500/4, but nobody seems to like that FL.