Got to shoot this nest earlier this summer. Only my second ever GCFC nest ever. Shots of Mom & Dad bringing food to feed their babies in the stump. All shot with Canon R5 and RF 600 F4 and extenders. All comments welcomed and encouraged. Hope you find something you like.
I see what happens when you leave me at home Great things for you
Well 600 + extenders must mean you were at a bit of distance? So some of these or most possibly big crops? They all look very good though
Impressive selection of prey captured by the Flycatcher, spiders, dragons and butterflies!
I am impressed with your captures for their comps and unique poses of the IF ones. Really a very nice presentation job on the set
2,5,6,8,9 and 11 several need to be printed IMO
Karl
Fantastic series! I heard about this GCF nest too late. Love all the variety in prey selection (eastern pondhawk, common whitetail, mourning cloak, etc). All wall hangers for sure!
Karl Witt wrote:
I see what happens when you leave me at home Great things for you
Well 600 + extenders must mean you were at a bit of distance? So some of these or most possibly big crops? They all look very good though
Impressive selection of prey captured by the Flycatcher, spiders, dragons and butterflies!
I am impressed with your captures for their comps and unique poses of the IF ones. Really a very nice presentation job on the set
2,5,6,8,9 and 11 several need to be printed IMO
Karl
jaredmizanin wrote:
Fantastic series! I heard about this GCF nest too late. Love all the variety in prey selection (eastern pondhawk, common whitetail, mourning cloak, etc). All wall hangers for sure!
Thanks Jared. One of these days we are going to bump in to each other at some park
Besides the great shots John, it is the first time I have seen a songbird nest in a stump. I have only seen owls and a northern flickers do that. Also, despite their size, not many dragonflies are caught by songbirds.