Wondering one of the two refuges near where we were staying I noticed how many of the same ducks we have here in New York City. What this location had was fall colors, sweet light and Birch and Aspin Trees in fall color.
Comments and suggestions welcome,
Morris
1) Pintail Duck
X-H2SXF500mmF5.6 R LM OIS WR lens500mmf/5.61/1000s800 ISO+0.3 EV
2) Black Ducks with Birch reflection in light rain
X-H2SXF500mmF5.6 R LM OIS WR lens500mmf/5.61/1700s1600 ISO-0.3 EV
3) Female Mallard and American Black Duck
X-H2SXF500mmF5.6 R LM OIS WR lens500mmf/5.61/1400s1600 ISO-0.3 EV
4) Sandhill Cranes
X-H2SXF500mmF5.6 R LM OIS WR lens500mmf/5.61/12800s1600 ISO+1.3 EV
5) Black Duck Mallard Hybrid landing
X-H2SXF500mmF5.6 R LM OIS WR lens500mmf/5.61/1600s1600 ISO-0.3 EV
6) Female Mallard with Birch forest in the background
X-H2SXF500mmF5.6 R LM OIS WR lens500mmf/5.61/3200s1600 ISO-0.7 EV
7) Mallard flock blastoff with fall colors
X-H2SXF500mmF5.6 R LM OIS WR lens500mmf/5.61/1700s1600 ISO-0.3 EV
Just beautiful photography morris! Vibrant Fall colors enhancing the entire frame!
Hope Alaska provided you with MANY photo ops that we will see posted here.
Dan
I really like #5 Love the light in #1, a beautiful image it is
As a thought, the birch left seems a bit of a 'blockade' if you will for this image? perhaps if it were dappled like the one behind it it would be more conducive to this flight image IMO
I do like the mood and line up of #2
Danpbphoto wrote:
Just beautiful photography morris! Vibrant Fall colors enhancing the entire frame!
Hope Alaska provided you with MANY photo ops that we will see posted here.
Dan
Thank you Dan,
I've been sharing photos most days while there and now home. I'm alternating between landscape and wildlife so there may be plenty you have not seen on the Landscape Forum.
---------------------------------------------
johnohio wrote:
Nicely done Morris.
John
Thank you John
---------------------------------------------
Karl Witt wrote:
I really like #5 Love the light in #1, a beautiful image it is
As a thought, the birch left seems a bit of a 'blockade' if you will for this image? perhaps if it were dappled like the one behind it it would be more conducive to this flight image IMO
I do like the mood and line up of #2
Karl
Thank you Karl,
5 is my pick from a long burst with 6 from a similar burst. The first shows off the pretty light we had when the sun sort of came out. It hurt out eyes when the sun came out when we returned to New York, it was gray or raining every day with 1/2 day where we saw blue sky with puffy white clouds in the afternoon following pea supe fog in the morning. I see what you are talking about in 6, I liked the natural framing. I have another frame where the ducks head is in front of the burch and it was a hard pick for me between the two. The dark lighting with the bright burch reflections captures what we were experiencing and of cause there are the rain drops in the second image.
---------------------------------------------
runakid wrote:
Did you drive to Alaska or fly?
Pictures are wonderful.
Thank you Daniel,
Driving to Alaska from NYC would have been it's own adventure. As it was it took a full day to go from Fairbanks to Anchorage by car and then by air to DC and then another flight home to NYC.