fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       5              7       …       13       14       end
  

Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week

  
 
Superscroll
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #1 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


hmm...I don't really want that big grip. some grip, yes, but not that big.


Sep 22, 2026 at 07:17 PM
Alistair1
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #2 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


Looks like it is a value pitch to the younger shooter. Those who are perfectly happy holding their camera at arms length to shoot a la smart phone. Full frame, beautiful sensor, VR, great AF, ZR screen, cool looks (silver option), ~$1,500, Nikon heritage. Will sell heaps.


Sep 22, 2026 at 07:49 PM
nightnight
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #3 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


Do we have anything that suggests it actually will get the ZR screen? I may have missed something but I don't see anything saying that it will, and lots of things saying that it's basically a Z5II with no EVF.


Sep 22, 2026 at 08:31 PM
RoamingScott
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #4 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


Just the earlier rumor that a more stills-centric ZR was coming. The rest of this camera lines up with those rumors so far, so it’s mostly wishful thinking.

nightnight wrote:
Do we have anything that suggests it actually will get the ZR screen? I may have missed something but I don't see anything saying that it will, and lots of things saying that it's basically a Z5II with no EVF.




Sep 22, 2026 at 08:42 PM
ilkka_nissila
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #5 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


nightnight wrote:
Do we have anything that suggests it actually will get the ZR screen? I may have missed something but I don't see anything saying that it will, and lots of things saying that it's basically a Z5II with no EVF.


If it is a more compact Z5 II then how could it have a ZR screen? It does not seem likely.



Sep 23, 2026 at 07:19 AM
RoamingScott
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #6 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


No rumor has said it's smaller than the Z5ii. I assume the "compactness" is losing the hump.


Sep 23, 2026 at 07:25 AM
AdaptedLenses
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.6 #7 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


Brings up an interesting thought. Nikon loves “parts bin” cameras. Do they largely put the Z5II innards in a ZR chassis? Do they try and shoehorn IBIS into a Z30 chassis? Or do they have a whole new parts bin to deal with? Z50II chassis without the hump looks a little short on real estate to fit the Zr LCD.







Sep 23, 2026 at 08:53 AM
RoamingScott
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #8 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


I can't see the Z30 chassis working for a FF sensor, let alone IBIS.

What I have come to think we'll get is literally a scaled up Z30 that is about the size of the ZR. It won't have the full ZR screen, but if it's really EVF-less, it'll have a similarly-spec'd screen, though smaller.

A photocentric camera needs way more controls than the ZR offers. The Z30 already has the "newer" button layout of the late-gen Expeed 7 cameras and the Z5IIc will match it. Just a guess.








Sep 23, 2026 at 08:56 AM
nhmorgan
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.6 #9 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


I have a feeling this isn't going to get that ZR screen. If it does the camera isn't really going to be all that compact. The ZR is not a small camera.


Sep 23, 2026 at 09:26 AM
RoamingScott
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #10 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


All of this begs the question. If this winds up just being a hump-less Z5ii with an identical back as the Z5ii (including identical LCD) and no EVF, would anyone still want it?

It would for sure kill my interest.



Sep 23, 2026 at 09:28 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

Ross Martin
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.6 #11 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


RoamingScott wrote:
All of this begs the question. If this winds up just being a hump-less Z5ii with an identical back as the Z5ii (including identical LCD) and no EVF, would anyone still want it?

It would for sure kill my interest.


Scott, I was just thinking the exact same thing.



Sep 23, 2026 at 09:32 AM
AdaptedLenses
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.6 #12 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


Just reread NR which says “same components” which suggest same rear as the Z5II… If it was big and interesting I could deal with that articulating screen, but I dunno…


Sep 23, 2026 at 09:54 AM
RoamingScott
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #13 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


AdaptedLenses wrote:
Just reread NR which says “same components” which suggest same rear as the Z5II… If it was big and interesting I could deal with that articulating screen, but I dunno…


You could read "same components" in a number of ways...the physical external build and layout...the internal parts/sensor/ibis unit...and so on.

I'm curious if the Z5ii has a top plate assembly that was designed for everything under it to be reused with a different top plate. I've not seen one in person so I couldn't rightly guess.



Sep 23, 2026 at 10:00 AM
KR Photo
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #14 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


I’m not a fan of the flippy screens. I guess I get it, for “v-logging” or whatever it’s called, but I’m kinda hoping this has a fold-out screen like the Z6 I or the mult-axis screen like the Z8.


Sep 23, 2026 at 10:02 AM
glassartist
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #15 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


RoamingScott wrote:
All of this begs the question. If this winds up just being a hump-less Z5ii with an identical back as the Z5ii (including identical LCD) and no EVF, would anyone still want it?

It would for sure kill my interest.


Well a Z30 is pretty much a Z50 without the hump . . . (with the screen folding out).

When you read some of the online commentary, folks often remark that the size and brightness of the screen obviates the need for the EVF. We'll know tomorrow.



Sep 23, 2026 at 10:03 AM
LostLensCap
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #16 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


I've used an eye level viewfinder all of my photographic life. I would never consider a camera without one. (jmho)


Sep 23, 2026 at 10:42 AM
lifef8
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #17 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


I agree with others on this forum on this camera. I think a Zf II with improved dimensions or reduced weight will be more interesting than this one. I have the Z5II and really like it, but an EVF-less version isn't something I'm very interested in, especially when Sony is already making something similar/smaller with an EVF.


Sep 23, 2026 at 11:14 AM
deadwolfbones
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #18 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


As others have suggested, this camera isn't really aimed at most people here.

I do think a fair few here will get it just to have a more compact FF option though.



Sep 23, 2026 at 11:23 AM
RoamingScott
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #19 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


If it comes in lower priced than the Z5ii and it has decent physical controls, it will be a refurb sale steal within 6-8 months.


Sep 23, 2026 at 11:27 AM
JustAHouseCat
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #20 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


I do wonder if this Z5iiC doesn't have the Zr back screen then is there another photocentric Zr coming down the pipes? Nikon Rumors could have been smoking something when they posted that (we all know they love their smoke) but I would think that this is a different camera from that. I guess we'll see in a few hours though. We're really all going off rumors and boredom here...


Sep 23, 2026 at 11:48 AM
1       2       3       …       5              7       …       13       14       end






FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       5              7       …       13       14       end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account