fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       6              8       …       13       14       end
  

Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week

  
 
RoamingScott
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #1 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


JustAHouseCat wrote:
I do wonder if this Z5iiC doesn't have the Zr back screen then is there another photocentric Zr coming down the pipes? Nikon Rumors could have been smoking something when they posted that (we all know they love their smoke) but I would think that this is a different camera from that. I guess we'll see in a few hours though. We're really all going off rumors and boredom here...


My biggest question from the rip with the "photocentric ZR" was...where the hell are you putting the physical controls? The camera would have to get noticeably larger to accommodate the standard 11 button + dpad layout. The thing that everyone loves about the ZR (the integrated thumb catch) prevents any controls from going there.








Sep 23, 2026 at 11:53 AM
Goranian
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #2 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


I was going to say the same. The big screen of the ZR is fine, but if you want to put the controls for a photo centric camera ... It's not going to be a small camera. So they will reduce the screen size.
It looks like it's gonna be a Z30 with FF sensor, with the right weight and price it's interesting,but we will see.



Sep 23, 2026 at 12:30 PM
JustAHouseCat
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #3 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


RoamingScott wrote:
My biggest question from the rip with the "photocentric ZR" was...where the hell are you putting the physical controls? The camera would have to get noticeably larger to accommodate the standard 11 button + dpad layout. The thing that everyone loves about the ZR (the integrated thumb catch) prevents any controls from going there.







That's a very good question. The back is pretty cramped but I could see a small AF-ON button near the top. The feal place for buttons on the ZR would be on the front near the mount like the rest of the Z cameras. It's going to have less buttons overall though in my opinion. No way around it.



Sep 23, 2026 at 12:45 PM
RoamingScott
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #4 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


I would like to see some innovation with the user interface happen. Have a menu button that when long pressed becomes the imenu button, etc.

JustAHouseCat wrote:
That's a very good question. The back is pretty cramped but I could see a small AF-ON button near the top. The feal place for buttons on the ZR would be on the front near the mount like the rest of the Z cameras. It's going to have less buttons overall though in my opinion. No way around it.




Sep 23, 2026 at 12:50 PM
JustAHouseCat
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #5 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


RoamingScott wrote:
I would like to see some innovation with the user interface happen. Have a menu button that when long pressed becomes the imenu button, etc.



They did that the inverse of that on the Zr. A long press on the "hamburger" menu button opens menu and a short press opens the i menu. More of that would be great.



Sep 23, 2026 at 01:41 PM
AdaptedLenses
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #6 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


A Z5IIC AND a photo centric Zr seems highly unlikely. Just depends if Nikon sees the LCD as a critical differentiator.


Sep 23, 2026 at 03:13 PM
Puggedup
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #7 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


Welp

?is=kxeSVxjrOgtRXi-m



Sep 23, 2026 at 11:04 PM
EB-1
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #8 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


It's here, not that I want one. 620g is significantly heavier than the Sony that has an EVF. At least the chopped camera is cheap and will probably sell decently to the youth.

EBH



Sep 23, 2026 at 11:05 PM
RoamingScott
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #9 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


Wow, a full frame Z30, no way, that’s crazy.

Refurb sale in the Spring it is.



Sep 23, 2026 at 11:19 PM
KR Photo
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #10 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


This is probably a nitpick ultimately but if you’re only taking away the EVF and not otherwise trying to make the body smaller then why remove features like the joystick (which I use) and a second card slot?

I’m annoyed but I still kinda want one in silver. But like Scott I might wait for a refurb sale. We’ll see.



Sep 23, 2026 at 11:42 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

PixiPhotography
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #11 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


Nikon had a boring year, they needed something. The development, R&D, and manufacturing was minimal. They kicked out something “new” to gain some interest, and hopefully it does gain some ground with the younger gen. Anyway, on to the Z9II lol


Sep 23, 2026 at 11:52 PM
Ripolini
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #12 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


The mountain gave birth to a mouse.


Sep 23, 2026 at 11:55 PM
rick-reno
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #13 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


I can pass on this.


Sep 24, 2026 at 12:20 AM
yongliu
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #14 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


Name says it all—z5iic is a cheap version of z5ii by cutting EVF and joystick. "C" for cut.

vs S9: mechanical shutter;
vs BF: much cheaper; mechanical shutter;
vs A7Cii: much cheaper; better LCD; more usable EVF design;

When will it be under 1k?



Sep 24, 2026 at 12:28 AM
JustAHouseCat
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #15 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


Lol they downgraded the screen from the Z5ii and got rid of the second card slot but it's still nearly the same exact size? What a bizarre move. Can't imagine a card slot and the z5ii screen costed that much extra.


Sep 24, 2026 at 12:54 AM
ISO1600
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #16 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


They will sell plenty. So many young "photographers" never use a viewfinder.


Sep 24, 2026 at 01:31 AM
kwilliam8
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #17 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


This camera has a new subject detection option for fish.


Sep 24, 2026 at 01:40 AM
Nifty Fifty
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #18 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


ISO1600 wrote:
They will sell plenty. So many young "photographers" never use a viewfinder.

So many young photographers are accustomed to the large, bright, high-resolution OLED displays of their smartphone cameras and won't believe their eyes when they look at the sorry excuse for a screen on the Z5 IIc. But then they’ll discover the fisheye-AF feature, let out a shout of joy, and whip out their wallets.



Sep 24, 2026 at 01:50 AM
indusphoto
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #19 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


Nikon milking existing tech even further with more of the same.
Cameras using this or a variation of this sensor start from Z6, and from D600 if you count DSLR as well.
Cameras using Exspeed 7, Z9, Z8, Z6III, Z50II, Z5II, Zr, and now Z5IIc.

At least Sony improves/adds something in successive models so you see some progress. Nikon doesn't.

For a beginner, with no brand affiliation, Canon R8 Mk I will still be better then this in every respect.



Sep 24, 2026 at 03:06 AM
RexGig0
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #20 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


I am not defending the Z5 II C, but, having bought a Z30, before buying my ZR, this newly-announced camera is far more a Z30. A big reason I bought a ZR was for the in-body image stabilization. Now being in my mid-sixties, I have been finding some form of stabilization or vibration reduction, in lens or body, increasingly necessary, for all except wide-angle lenses. Few Z lenses have VR, which became immediately all too apparent when I started planning a personal Z lens road map, after deciding I liked the Z30.

It looks to me like the Z5 II C is largely a dumbed-down, feature-deleted Z5 II, which may not be a bad thing, for its targeted market, which is probably “content creators,” a demographic I will not presume to understand. To be clear, that was not a condescending remark. I am a dinosaur, an outsider, marching to my own drum. The 4” LCD on the ZR was a major reason I bought a ZR, so, a Z5 II C would be a step down, in that regard. The ZR complements my D5 and D850 cameras, which I may well continue to use, until the wheels fall off. That could take a while, as I have a pair of D5 cameras, plus a D4s to back them up. That kind of dinosaur. My way, not The Way.

When my wife relieved me of the first Z30 I had bought, I seriously considered backing-away from the Z system, for a year or two, and re-evaluating. Then, of course, a camera store employee put a ZR in my hands. The light bulb came on. I bought a second Z30, to confirm that EVF-Less-Ness was a thing. Then, bought the ZR.



Sep 24, 2026 at 03:35 AM
1       2       3       …       6              8       …       13       14       end






FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       6              8       …       13       14       end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account