fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       12              14       end
  

Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week

  
 
carl_g
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.13 #1 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


JadedWriter wrote:
Nikon really needs a ZFCII so they can chase after the X-T5 clientele already. Or something rangerfinder styled to go after the X-E5.


Yeah a form factor like the x-e5 seems to make more sense. Not for me but for someone I guess. There is already a z30 and who actually cares if this new camera is full frame vs. APS-C. Seems like a waste of resources to spend on this POS.



Sep 28, 2026 at 01:39 PM
RoamingScott
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.13 #2 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


I'd rather buy a Z30ii that has full flexible color support and identical features otherwise vs the Z5iic. At least that camera is small! An LCD-only camera, for me, would always be just a snapshot camera, and I don't need more than the nice 20mp DX sensor for that job.


Sep 28, 2026 at 01:41 PM
AdaptedLenses
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.13 #3 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


Sure is a lot of whining on this thread.


Sep 28, 2026 at 09:33 PM
EB-1
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.13 #4 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


Photo enthusiasts are bound to be critical when Nikon is producing so few new and lower-grade cameras like this.

EBH



Sep 28, 2026 at 09:44 PM
ilkka_nissila
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.13 #5 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


EB-1 wrote:
Photo enthusiasts are bound to be critical when Nikon is producing so few new and lower-grade cameras like this.

EBH


You mean camera enthusiasts?

I believe most photography enthusiasts couldn't care less about cameras that do not exist for the most part, and they just work on their images with whatever they have. They think about subject, light, location, composition, how to get something interesting in front of the camera, and such things.



Sep 29, 2026 at 02:25 AM
EB-1
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.13 #6 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


ilkka_nissila wrote:
You mean camera enthusiasts?

I believe most photography enthusiasts couldn't care less about cameras that do not exist for the most part, and they just work on their images with whatever they have. They think about subject, light, location, composition, how to get something interesting in front of the camera, and such things.


Yes, of course I mean the equipment enthusiasts. That's why I'm here. There are other sites purely about photography as art.

Available equipment is important as it limits what can be done. We can capture images today that were very difficult or practically infeasible a few decades ago. Of course while a student or "starving artist" may be using whatever they have, that's often not practical for efficiently doing commercial or personal work.

If Nikon had announced a Z9 II and Z7 III, etc. at the same time would everyone be so focused on the Z5IIc? I think not.

EBH



Sep 29, 2026 at 08:01 AM
RoamingScott
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.13 #7 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


It's almost like you can be interested in the art and tools at the same time, crazy.


Sep 29, 2026 at 08:06 AM
Sorrymanagement
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.13 #8 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


Nikon has had a very slow year and these are all valid criticisms for this model. if there's no EVF, you need a decent back screen. This is a parts bin camera and it shows. That's why people are complaining. Rightfully so.


Sep 29, 2026 at 09:38 AM
RexGig0
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.13 #9 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


RoamingScott wrote:
I'd rather buy a Z30ii that has full flexible color support and identical features otherwise vs the Z5iic. At least that camera is small!


I agree with this part. The Z30 is quite like-able. A Z30 II with an Expeed 7 processor, and other Z50 II-level upgrades, would be better.






Sep 29, 2026 at 09:54 AM
atnpro
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.13 #10 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


It seems an extremely low-effort thing to me. They could've revived the DL or the Coolpix A form factor, but that's too much work/overhead. Why not doing the Z5II sans the EVF? Everything is there, thus very little cost, hopefully, juicer profit, right? Can this pan out for them?


Sep 29, 2026 at 10:03 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

Sonnar-7
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.13 #11 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


I still wish Nikon would release an external viewfinder, it was my wish for that camera when it was rumoured, even with what is has come down to, I still think such an accessory could open the door for Nikon next releases.
All the more if they have some difficulties because of the price of components these days, I wouldn’t mind them recycling their expeed 6 or whatever old stuff for a photo centric camera(a real one I mean), who would care?

Long story short, Nikon needs that viewfinder, it at least would sell a few Zr more.



Sep 30, 2026 at 07:05 AM
ilkka_nissila
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.13 #12 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


RoamingScott wrote:
It's almost like you can be interested in the art and tools at the same time, crazy.


People can, but it is not productive for photographers who use a Z9 (such as yourself) to complain about a camera at the polar opposite of the lineup that was clearly not remotely intended for them. If you're interested in the tools to make your art, you'll find a way to work with what exists today, or make your own. You cannot change something other people do an ocean away, the only thing you can do is change how you use your own time and energy. Bitter complaining, or make something that will work.

How much people would complain today if Nikon still introduced 10 Coolpix cameras every year? What useful purpose does such complaining serve? Then or today?

Clearly a more useful way to spend your time would to make some photos with the kit that you have and talk about them. There is nothing you or I can do about the price of chips today, or help Nikon to bring out the next generation of cameras. The complaining certainly won't have that effect. It'll just sour the community to a group of bitter old people who see nothing positive to think or talk about.



Sep 30, 2026 at 07:35 AM
RoamingScott
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.13 #13 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


ilkka_nissila wrote:
People can, but it is not productive for photographers who use a Z9 (such as yourself) to complain about a camera at the polar opposite of the lineup that was clearly not remotely intended for them. If you're interested in the tools to make your art, you'll find a way to work with what exists today, or make your own. You cannot change something other people do an ocean away, the only thing you can do is change how you use your own time and energy. Bitter complaining, or make something that will work.

How much people would complain today if
...Show more →

You must not read my posts very carefully if you think I expected a Z9 out of this camera.

I want a walk around point and shoot that also takes Z lenses. I said I'm willing to accept the full Z30 feature set but with Expeed 7 upgrades. It's not rocket science. I'm a literal potential customer for the small camera that Nikon is unwilling to make.

I take (and post!) more pictures that most people on this website, so yappin at me like I'm the problem is rich.



Sep 30, 2026 at 07:48 AM
fotografur
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.13 #14 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


JadedWriter wrote:
Nikon really needs a ZFCII so they can chase after the X-T5 clientele already. Or something rangerfinder styled to go after the X-E5.



I would love a Nikon like X-E5.



Sep 30, 2026 at 08:03 AM
JadedWriter
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.13 #15 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


A part of me just wanted this to be that, but nope...
fotografur wrote:
I would love a Nikon like X-E5.





Sep 30, 2026 at 09:16 AM
RoamingScott
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.13 #16 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


I honestly don't see any reason to not just buy an X-E5 (short of price) if that's the type of experience you want. It seems to check all the right boxes, there are plenty of small lenses available for it that aren't available for Z, and the whole package feels premium.

Nikon isn't coming to save you.



Sep 30, 2026 at 09:50 AM
RoamingScott
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.13 #17 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


I think all the interesting stuff in the market is actually happening at the 1" sensor end. The rapid iteration of Insta and Osmo 1" cameras has pushed the dynamic range and capabilities of the very small sensors into territory where I'd be happy to have a REAL point and shoot with one.

Just look at this lost tech from Nikon and daydream.








Sep 30, 2026 at 10:00 AM
JadedWriter
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.13 #18 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


I bought the XPro3 over the XE5 for some design reasons actually, but I wouldn't have minded a full frame rangefinder type thing. A demographic for it must exist.
RoamingScott wrote:
I honestly don't see any reason to not just buy an X-E5 (short of price) if that's the type of experience you want. It seems to check all the right boxes, there are plenty of small lenses available for it that aren't available for Z, and the whole package feels premium.

Nikon isn't coming to save you.





Sep 30, 2026 at 10:09 AM
Sonnar-7
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.13 #19 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


RoamingScott wrote:
I honestly don't see any reason to not just buy an X-E5 (short of price) if that's the type of experience you want. It seems to check all the right boxes, there are plenty of small lenses available for it that aren't available for Z, and the whole package feels premium.

Nikon isn't coming to save you.


Nikon almost saved us all from Leica when they made the bold move to make the Zf while they were sinking. Why didn’t just made a ZfC now…Oh,wait.



Sep 30, 2026 at 11:36 AM
Sonnar-7
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.13 #20 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


fotografur wrote:
I would love a Nikon like X-E5.


The market for a crappy specs full frame but fancy brick like camera is huge I like to believe. Just nobody wants to touch it.



Sep 30, 2026 at 11:38 AM
1       2       3       …       12              14       end






FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       12              14       end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account