fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       11              13       …       33       34       end
  

Canon Summer 2026 photo thread

  
 
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #1 · Canon Summer 2026 photo thread


StephenS_CP wrote:
Orca breaching!

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/55418984781_805e22126b_h.jpgOrca Breach Sequence 3179 by Stephen Shoff, on Flickr

Shutter speed was a little low so some pictures not quite sharp, but still...it was a good day.

We were in a fog bank at this point during the day so I left the pictures low contrast to maintain the lighting.


The fog only enhances the emotion of the image Stephen! This reminds me of a very olde radio program I listened to when I was VERY young -8 to 9 or less? On my crystal radio with my bed springs as my antenna
"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows!" The very 1st broadcast and some subsequent broadcasts had the announcer saying..:"the Shadow 'do" not the Shadow "knows"...?

Dan



Jul 27, 2026 at 02:21 PM
G.E. Smith
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #2 · Canon Summer 2026 photo thread


Three different bulls from this morning. I was hoping for a group shot, they wouldn't listen to me.

















Jul 27, 2026 at 02:50 PM
RobAmy
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #3 · Canon Summer 2026 photo thread


My kayaking buddy taking a swim by A & R Photography, on Flickr


Jul 27, 2026 at 03:14 PM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #4 · Canon Summer 2026 photo thread


RobAmy wrote:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/55424108103_0bc20e5430_k.jpgMy kayaking buddy taking a swim by A & R Photography, on Flickr

Kenzie is such a sweetheart Rob! Eyes into the human soul they be!
Wonderful!
Dan




Jul 28, 2026 at 11:54 AM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #5 · Canon Summer 2026 photo thread


G.E. Smith wrote:
Three different bulls from this morning. I was hoping for a group shot, they wouldn't listen to me.


Greg...you have been posting mooses for a few years or more..are they different "ones"? Do they "know" you yet? Do you stand firm when eye contact is made? Might you advance without fear?

Just askin'..I have found that familiararity is common between animal and human. You pose no threat!
Amazing "backyard" Greg!
Dan




Jul 28, 2026 at 11:58 AM
G.E. Smith
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #6 · Canon Summer 2026 photo thread


Danpbphoto wrote:
Greg...you have been posting mooses for a few years or more..are they different "ones"? Do they "know" you yet? Do you stand firm when eye contact is made? Might you advance without fear?

Just askin'..I have found that familiararity is common between animal and human. You pose no threat!
Amazing "backyard" Greg!
Dan



Dan - Those are some good questions. Most of the larger bulls by my house I recognize because I have been shooting them for years. And I really do think they recgonize me because they see me almost every day. A lot of times they will look up see it's me and go back to what they are doing. When eye contact is made the first thing I'm doing is make sure they are relaxed and not acting aggressive, if I think they are I immediatly back away or leave, there's always another day to shoot them. As far as approaching them I have found as long as they see me and I walk slowly and parallel to them they don't see me as a threat. I have never been charged or threatened because I respect them. Plus it helps to use a 600mm !



Jul 28, 2026 at 12:55 PM
G.E. Smith
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #7 · Canon Summer 2026 photo thread


.

















Jul 28, 2026 at 12:58 PM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #8 · Canon Summer 2026 photo thread


G.E. Smith wrote:
Dan - Those are some good questions. Most of the larger bulls by my house I recognize because I have been shooting them for years. And I really do think they recgonize me because they see me almost every day. A lot of times they will look up see it's me and go back to what they are doing. When eye contact is made the first thing I'm doing is make sure they are relaxed and not acting aggressive, if I think they are I immediatly back away or leave, there's always another day to shoot them. As far
...Show more →

Thanks Greg..From your compositions 90% of your "philosophy" was mine also..mine in "theory" at least!! ...Yes I give a "wide berth" to my fellow creatures.
Man is their worst enemy and they know it!

Personal experience sez so also!

In places we weren't supposed to be, while I did NOT see any, I heard tigers in the "outside my ndp"..

My mind would play ticks on me by illuminating "faux cat's eyes"...

Snakes yeah..I HATE snakes!!

Had to be a personal "rush" in their presence?
Kudos!
Dan

#3 is stunning! What species of hummmer if you know?




Jul 28, 2026 at 01:41 PM
G.E. Smith
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #9 · Canon Summer 2026 photo thread


#3 is stunning! What species of hummmer if you know?

I have no clue ! I know absolutely nothing about hummingbirds other than they are fast are hard to shoot. Hahahahaha



Jul 28, 2026 at 01:52 PM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #10 · Canon Summer 2026 photo thread


G.E. Smith wrote:
#3 is stunning! What species of hummmer if you know?

I have no clue ! I know absolutely nothing about hummingbirds other than they are fast are hard to shoot. Hahahahaha

Oh that is very fine Greg!
I just learned this Spring(2026) that a potted plant given as a "Mothers Day gift" 20 years ago, was "St, Johns Wort"! I thought it as a shrub/nutrient/herb!

I will try to find out..

Dan









Jul 28, 2026 at 02:19 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #11 · Canon Summer 2026 photo thread


G.E. Smith wrote:
#3 is stunning! What species of hummmer if you know?

I have no clue ! I know absolutely nothing about hummingbirds other than they are fast are hard to shoot. Hahahahaha


Rufus or Allen's.....
As far as I can identify!
Dan



Jul 28, 2026 at 02:54 PM
RobAmy
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #12 · Canon Summer 2026 photo thread


Mama Loon with Loonlet by A & R Photography, on Flickr

Loon with a snack by A & R Photography, on Flickr



Jul 28, 2026 at 03:08 PM
lemmy shoyu
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.12 #13 · Canon Summer 2026 photo thread





Jul 28, 2026 at 06:28 PM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #14 · Canon Summer 2026 photo thread


RobAmy wrote:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/55420579392_7384a2f52b_k.jpgMama Loon with Loonlet by A & R Photography, on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/55426836200_4238e31025_k.jpgLoon with a snack by A & R Photography, on Flickr

As a youth and growing up in Iowa, my dad's parents had a cabin on Lake Vermillion in the Northern Wildernesses of Minnesota.
Spent many a summer there and the loons at sunrise and sunset, where not only beautiful as silouhettes gliding across the water at dusk..but an audible reminder that it is time for "bed" or as the Beatle's sing.."here comes the sun....".
Wonderful Rob!
Dan



Edited on Aug 05, 2026 at 06:45 PM · View previous versions



Jul 29, 2026 at 11:55 AM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #15 · Canon Summer 2026 photo thread


Canadian wildfires and Saharan sand storm..at dusk..
Dan












Jul 29, 2026 at 11:59 AM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #16 · Canon Summer 2026 photo thread


G.E. Smith wrote:
.

The bokeh in the last one is fantastic Greg!
Dan



Jul 29, 2026 at 12:04 PM
G.E. Smith
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #17 · Canon Summer 2026 photo thread


.







Jul 29, 2026 at 04:05 PM
roboticspro
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #18 · Canon Summer 2026 photo thread


Good Morning,

Another day of rain here in CT; I enjoyed my time this summer with my grandson from Reno, teaching him photography and kayaking skills. The Roseland Cottage was done by him, using some really old gear (1Ds Mk III with modified FD 35mm f2.8 TS). Today we develop his first 35mm B&W film, then scan to select out the best shots. Tonight, it's wet printing time with my Beselar 45 and Ilford paper...

Regards,

Edd





© roboticspro 2026

  Canon EOS R3    338mm    f/7.1    1/1250s    2500 ISO    -0.7 EV  





© roboticspro 2026

  Canon EOS R3    800mm    f/9.0    1/2000s    1600 ISO    -0.7 EV  





© roboticspro 2026

  Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III    35mm    f/2.8    1/200s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  





© roboticspro 2026

  Canon EOS R3    800mm    f/10.0    1/1250s    500 ISO    -0.7 EV  




Jul 30, 2026 at 05:15 AM
RobAmy
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #19 · Canon Summer 2026 photo thread


Bill to Bill by A & R Photography, on Flickr


Jul 30, 2026 at 07:26 AM
roboticspro
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #20 · Canon Summer 2026 photo thread


Rob,

Beautiful series from Maine; I'm heading up to Bridgton (ME) in a few weeks, staying on Highland Lake. Good reports of eagles and loons in the area, so I am hopeful...

Regards,

Edd



Jul 30, 2026 at 07:41 AM
1       2       3       …       11              13       …       33       34       end






FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       11              13       …       33       34       end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account