G.E. Smith wrote:
I hate to admit it, but I do talk to them when I see them. Just a calm voice letting them know I appreciate them and I always say thanks to them for letting me take their picture.
DON'T HATE to ADMIT IT Greg!
We are ALL animals. Some have 2 legs some have 4.
My "civilian" neighbors laugh at me and call me crazy when they see me in fields that belong to my farmer neighbor's!
The Texas longhorns especially! I bring a bag(s) of carrots and apples with me and they all rush over to get a snack. YES I talk to them. In fact I have names for them.
The calves are precious...VERY scared or timid at first but when they see mama head over for a snack, they follow. Once they get used to my presence they rush to get that the first snack.
My farmer neighbor's take their vacations in the Winter. I become a "babysitter" for 3 of them. I make sure that the outdoor water tanks are full and not frozen over. Make sure the barns are sealed ok. Hay, feed......milking...If it has snowed I make sure the doors are clear to open and no problems. Make sure the milk trucks empty and clean the stainless steel tanks that store the milk until it is picked up.
Just some trivia!
Well done brother! They appreciate ya and I do also!
Dan
johnohio wrote:
Canon Summer 2026
With a little imagination and maybe a few drinks,(I dont drink) I see the eyes of an "Ent" from Tolkien. 1 eye open, 1 closed...just below mid frame center right, straight down from the bird's beak.
Well done!
Stumps never looked so gud!
Dan
Danpbphoto wrote:
With a little imagination and maybe a few drinks,(I dont drink) I see the eyes of an "Ent" from Tolkien. 1 eye open, 1 closed...just below mid frame center right, straight down from the bird's beak.
Well done!
Stumps never looked so gud!
Dan