New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              20              end

Canon r1 official announcement.

artsupreme
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.21 #1 · p.21 #1 · Canon r1 official announcement.

CelesteForza wrote:
My dream would be an R3 II with newest AF and R5 II sensor.

That should be the R1 at minimum, but we'll see next week.

Jul 12, 2024 at 02:05 PM
mbrown

p.21 #2 · p.21 #2 · Canon r1 official announcement.

I will second the idea of putting the r5ii sensor in the r3ii body. That would be a camera I would gladly put down R1 money for.

Jul 13, 2024 at 11:21 AM
JaimitoFrog
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.21 #3 · p.21 #3 · Canon r1 official announcement.

Flippy screen open

So far little changes from R3 exterior wise, but improved.

Jul 16, 2024 at 07:45 PM
ISO1600
• • • • •
p.21 #4 · p.21 #4 · Canon r1 official announcement.

WHAT is that little camera/sensor on the bottom left corner? Is that just a light sensor for display dimming? Some kind of new remote control receiver? Or is it a tiny camera to get selfies of your face during the action?

Jul 17, 2024 at 12:39 AM
gkinard1952
• •
p.21 #5 · p.21 #5 · Canon r1 official announcement.

Sony and Nikon have to shaking in their boots... What a joke.

Jul 17, 2024 at 06:21 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

bernardl
• • •
p.21 #6 · p.21 #6 · Canon r1 official announcement.

gkinard1952 wrote:
Sony and Nikon have to shaking in their boots... What a joke.

I hear the Moet is running out of champaign due to the huge parties on-going in Shinagawa (Sony HQ) and Nishioi (Nikon HQ).

Well... cameras are just tools, it's all about photographer talent...

Cheers,
Bernard

Jul 17, 2024 at 07:14 AM
robert_in_ca
• • •
p.21 #7 · p.21 #7 · Canon r1 official announcement.

What's your thoughts on R1 being only 24mp?

AmbientMike wrote:
Well, I'll probably just watch them fly around, if my 45+ mp guess is wrong, kind of like I usually do as opposed to eating them. Although I wouldn't discourage someone who is feeling down over their R1 predictions gone wrong from going out to nice restaurant Are you gonna get rid of that pokey old A1 if the 2 ms rumor pans out?

Pretty much verything I'm reading says high mp to me, although I can see that they'd be interested in keeping the sports shooters happy since they buy expensive cameras and lenses and being seen on
...Show more

Jul 17, 2024 at 04:15 PM
AmbientMike
• • • • • •
p.21 #8 · p.21 #8 · Canon r1 official announcement.

robert_in_ca wrote:
What's your thoughts on R1 being only 24mp?

It's an A9 III competitor at about the same price. Not exactly the worst thing on the world.

The A9III is only 0.20 stops better DR on Bill Claff's site vs 5DsR, so I guess it's no good, if you are going to apply all the negativity DSLR'S got. R1 could be significantly better

After the C700 came out having 6k it's not too surprising the R1 doesn't. The guy really pushing me to buy into 24mp rumor started a thread a day or two ago complaining about some of the CR issues, part of the reason I didn't necessarily buy into every the CR guy said. He got the 24mp right this time though after all

Jul 17, 2024 at 05:14 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.21 #9 · p.21 #9 · Canon r1 official announcement.

AmbientMike wrote:
It's an A9 III competitor at about the same price. Not exactly the worst thing on the world.

The A9III is only 0.20 stops better DR on Bill Claff's site vs 5DsR, so I guess it's no good, if you are going to apply all the negativity DSLR'S got. R1 could be significantly better

After the C700 came out having 6k it's not too surprising the R1 doesn't. The guy really pushing me to buy into 24mp rumor started a thread a day or two ago complaining about some of the CR issues, part of the reason I didn't necessarily buy into
...Show more

I think you are reading the scale wrong...5DSR is 1/2 stop worse at the A9III's base ISO of 250 and 1/2 stop worse when the A9III goes through its' dual-gain step at ISO 800. At other ISO values it gets closer.

Jul 18, 2024 at 07:22 AM
AmbientMike
• • • • • •
p.21 #10 · p.21 #10 · Canon r1 official announcement.

arbitrage wrote:
I think you are reading the scale wrong...5DSR is 1/2 stop worse at the A9III's base ISO of 250 and 1/2 stop worse when the A9III goes through its' dual-gain step at ISO 800. At other ISO values it gets closer.

No, I'm looking at the maximum PDR numbers. 5DsR is 9.80 stops, A9 III is 10.00

I pulled up the graphs, mostly they are very similar. Even the couple little spots having a notch don't give much advantage

Jul 18, 2024 at 10:05 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.