Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              6              8       end
  

MS-Optics lenses Image Thread

  
 
Sonnar-7
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #1 · p.7 #1 · MS-Optics lenses Image Thread


MS-Optics Sonnetar 50mm 1.3 & Nikon Zf




























Apr 07, 2024 at 01:35 PM
Juha Kannisto
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #2 · p.7 #2 · MS-Optics lenses Image Thread


I've been enjoying shooting with a few of my MS-Optics lenses again this week (on my Sony A7CII):

4/14: Apoqualia 35/1.3 Slim II at and around Inokashira Park:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/JAajHnrvYNXc2ntC8

4/13: H-Petz 57/2 at backstreets of Shinjuku:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ocRqNSE2RJZvKb7P8

4/10: Apoqualia 28/2-II at Ebisu during lunch break:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/daUkTTi4ztBKuSpd6

4/7: Sonnetar 73/1.5 at Ebisu/Hiroo Meiji Dori shooting Sakura:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/LWf5ULQ8jkQy6hQX9



Apr 14, 2024 at 09:52 AM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #3 · p.7 #3 · MS-Optics lenses Image Thread


Juha Kannisto wrote:
I've been enjoying shooting with a few of my MS-Optics lenses again this week (on my Sony A7CII):

4/14: Apoqualia 35/1.3 Slim II at and around Inokashira Park:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/JAajHnrvYNXc2ntC8

4/13: H-Petz 57/2 at backstreets of Shinjuku:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ocRqNSE2RJZvKb7P8

4/10: Apoqualia 28/2-II at Ebisu during lunch break:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/daUkTTi4ztBKuSpd6

4/7: Sonnetar 73/1.5 at Ebisu/Hiroo Meiji Dori shooting Sakura:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/LWf5ULQ8jkQy6hQX9


Thanks Juha. All unique looks. The Petz gallery is my favorite. This lens is one of my favorites from MS Optics. It's super light and compact and has lots of character at wide apertures and sharp/corrected when stopped down. I'm happy you helped me get one.
The cherry blossom images taken with the Sonnetar are awesome.



Apr 14, 2024 at 10:33 AM
nehemiahphoto
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #4 · p.7 #4 · MS-Optics lenses Image Thread


I had my 73/1.5 in in Spain and Portugal a couple weeks back.





































Apr 14, 2024 at 11:20 AM
Sonnar-7
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #5 · p.7 #5 · MS-Optics lenses Image Thread


Juha Kannisto wrote:
I've been enjoying shooting with a few of my MS-Optics lenses again this week (on my Sony A7CII):

4/14: Apoqualia 35/1.3 Slim II at and around Inokashira Park:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/JAajHnrvYNXc2ntC8

4/13: H-Petz 57/2 at backstreets of Shinjuku:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ocRqNSE2RJZvKb7P8

4/10: Apoqualia 28/2-II at Ebisu during lunch break:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/daUkTTi4ztBKuSpd6

4/7: Sonnetar 73/1.5 at Ebisu/Hiroo Meiji Dori shooting Sakura:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/LWf5ULQ8jkQy6hQX9


Glad to see some love for the 35/1.3 Slim II, I’m happy to own one but what a difficult lens, it still can deliver beautiful photos but I must admit I prefer to use it on my Zf than my M9, I can’t control a thing on the latter.



Apr 14, 2024 at 01:18 PM
Sonnar-7
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #6 · p.7 #6 · MS-Optics lenses Image Thread


I want to post some more MS-Optics too now, from a few weeks ago in Barcelona.

MS-Optics Sonnetar 50mm 1.3 Slim & Nikon Zf




























Apr 14, 2024 at 01:24 PM
Juha Kannisto
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #7 · p.7 #7 · MS-Optics lenses Image Thread


Fred Miranda wrote:
Thanks Juha. All unique looks. The Petz gallery is my favorite. This lens is one of my favorites from MS Optics. It's super light and compact and has lots of character at wide apertures and sharp/corrected when stopped down. I'm happy you helped me get one.
The cherry blossom images taken with the Sonnetar are awesome.


Thanks very much Fred! I agree that Petz is a really nice one with a great balance of character and IQ, though it's not as well known as some of the other MS-Optics lenses I'm happy that you are still enjoying yours. I also think it's one of the best ones among my MS-Optics set (now up to 16 lenses, though that includes 2 copies of 28/4).

I did some e-mailing with Miyazaki-san's grandson this weekend asking if there is anything new in the pipeline after they had announced on Instagram that there was going to be some new production of Vario Prasma 50/1.5 (Silver). I heard back that they are working on new products + some reprint product, so hoping to see some new ones before too long I don't have any details on what lenses and when they would be announced though. He suggested keeping an eye on their SNS for future info. It's nice to know that new ones are in the pipeline as it's been a while since the latest new release.

Edited on Apr 15, 2024 at 01:12 AM · View previous versions



Apr 15, 2024 at 12:55 AM
Juha Kannisto
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #8 · p.7 #8 · MS-Optics lenses Image Thread


Sonnar-7 wrote:
Glad to see some love for the 35/1.3 Slim II, I’m happy to own one but what a difficult lens, it still can deliver beautiful photos but I must admit I prefer to use it on my Zf than my M9, I can’t control a thing on the latter.


Thanks very much! I always enjoy using the 35/1.3 Slim II even though it's one of the quirkiest ones. I do agree that it must be really difficult to focus on a rangefinder system. I prefer to use it with a helicoid adapter to be able to get much closer than the native 0.8m and when shooting wide open at close range it really helps to see the actual rendering through EVF to be able to judge focus and how the image turns out with all the interesting aberrations etc.



Apr 15, 2024 at 01:00 AM
Juha Kannisto
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #9 · p.7 #9 · MS-Optics lenses Image Thread


Some recent outings with my A7CII + 4 of my MS-Optics lenses.

28/1.7 Apoqualia: Sunny weather Sunday walk from Ebisu to Meguro
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ksEVcZ2TifThFdCq9

55/1.2 Elnomaxim: Saturday and Monday cloudy day glowy shots at Nakano, Shinjuku, Daikanyama etc.:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/WTh5CRk7TK3wSTyx7

40/6.3 H-Dagonar: Lunch break and afternoon strolling at Ebisu on 4/25 (all shots at f8 or f6.3):
https://photos.app.goo.gl/i1eJ72DWQcDvKjWM9

36/1.3 Apollon: Lunch break around Hiroo on 4/19:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/sbPi8rfrVwhcuTqR9

I picked up the H-Dagonar 40/6.3 recently to add it to my MS-Optics collection although it is not the most exciting one with the slow aperture. Lemonsha at Ginza still had some stock of both H-Dagonar and H-Protar (more of the Protar) remaining and they had only one Dagonar left after I bought one. I chose the Dagonar over Protar since it's reported to have better resolution and contrast (it also has more vignetting). My copy is perfectly aligned for hard infinity shooting on my Rayqual adapter. The lens can also focus closer than the reported 0.6m MFT natively. The closest focus is around 0.46 m based on my rough measurement.



Apr 29, 2024 at 07:17 AM
Sonnar-7
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #10 · p.7 #10 · MS-Optics lenses Image Thread


MS-Optics Sonnetar 50mm 1.3 Slim & Nikon Zf




























May 01, 2024 at 12:16 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

bjhurley
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #11 · p.7 #11 · MS-Optics lenses Image Thread


MS Optics Sonnetar 73/1.5 on Sony A7s

veillée des Benfort by Brad Hurley, on Flickr

veillée des Benfort by Brad Hurley, on Flickr

veillée des Benfort by Brad Hurley, on Flickr



May 12, 2024 at 04:11 PM
Juha Kannisto
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #12 · p.7 #12 · MS-Optics lenses Image Thread


Some recent weekday lunchbreak & weekend shooting with my A7CII and MS-Optics Vario Prasma 50/1.5:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GDTZhzrnipW7UjVN6
https://photos.app.goo.gl/7BeC2Akx5hko5as98

I got this lens back in late 2022 from old stock at Camera no Naniwa online store. I didn't really warm up to it for at first but recently I've started enjoying it after more outings, usually wide open and with the wildest SA settings. It's not really good for stopped down infinity shooting but for wild bokeh shots it's quite exciting.

I initially decided to buy it after reading this blog post:
https://www.cameranonaniwa.co.jp/blogs/2220565259/



May 17, 2024 at 10:11 AM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #13 · p.7 #13 · MS-Optics lenses Image Thread


Juha Kannisto wrote:
Some recent weekday lunchbreak & weekend shooting with my A7CII and MS-Optics Vario Prasma 50/1.5:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GDTZhzrnipW7UjVN6
https://photos.app.goo.gl/7BeC2Akx5hko5as98

I got this lens back in late 2022 from old stock at Camera no Naniwa online store. I didn't really warm up to it for at first but recently I've started enjoying it after more outings, usually wide open and with the wildest SA settings. It's not really good for stopped down infinity shooting but for wild bokeh shots it's quite exciting.

I initially decided to buy it after reading this blog post:
https://www.cameranonaniwa.co.jp/blogs/2220565259/


It's like shooting with a 50mm Leica Thambar. It's cool that the Prasma has a similar barrel design to the Petz, including the aperture mechanism.



May 17, 2024 at 11:32 AM
Sonnar-7
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #14 · p.7 #14 · MS-Optics lenses Image Thread




Juha Kannisto wrote:
Some recent weekday lunchbreak & weekend shooting with my A7CII and MS-Optics Vario Prasma 50/1.5:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GDTZhzrnipW7UjVN6
https://photos.app.goo.gl/7BeC2Akx5hko5as98

I got this lens back in late 2022 from old stock at Camera no Naniwa online store. I didn't really warm up to it for at first but recently I've started enjoying it after more outings, usually wide open and with the wildest SA settings. It's not really good for stopped down infinity shooting but for wild bokeh shots it's quite exciting.

I initially decided to buy it after reading this blog post:
https://www.cameranonaniwa.co.jp/blogs/2220565259/


Wow, and I thought my 35mm 1.3 Slim II was hardcore.
Interesting though.
The photograph from the blog does master the blur, it’s quite nicely used.



May 18, 2024 at 04:24 AM
bjhurley
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #15 · p.7 #15 · MS-Optics lenses Image Thread


A few from this week, all shot on Sony A7iii:

MS Optics 73/1.5 Sonnetar:

Julie Morisod et Swing People by Brad Hurley, on Flickr

Julie Morisod et Swing People by Brad Hurley, on Flickr

Julie Morisod et Swing People by Brad Hurley, on Flickr

MS Optics Apoqualia G 28/2 (some with a star filter):

Julie Morisod et Swing People by Brad Hurley, on Flickr

Julie Morisod et Swing People by Brad Hurley, on Flickr

Julie Morisod et Swing People by Brad Hurley, on Flickr

Julie Morisod et Swing People by Brad Hurley, on Flickr

Julie Morisod et Swing People by Brad Hurley, on Flickr



May 18, 2024 at 05:40 AM
Sonnar-7
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #16 · p.7 #16 · MS-Optics lenses Image Thread


MS-Optics Sonnetar 50mm 1.3 Slim & Nikon Zf






































May 20, 2024 at 04:29 AM
Juha Kannisto
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #17 · p.7 #17 · MS-Optics lenses Image Thread


Last weekend I picked up MS-Optics Aporia 24/2 (Urushi (Lacquer) Sea version) from Ikebukuro Classic Camera Fair (Go-Go Camera from Fukuoka who had a stand there).

There has also been a small reprint of Aporia recently, listed at MKDirect currently.

I've been trying out the lens this week on my A7CII, some samples (all at f8 or wide open at f2):
https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGXxo6SyDGhZgFZE8

I've been enjoying it a lot although 24mm is not my favorite focal length (I much prefer 28mm in general). I think my copy is well balanced and the build is very nice. My copy can be used at hard infinity but with the field curvature it's best to focus at midframe. With my Rayqual adapter I can reach infinity with this lens basically at the central area only, so I'm using this lens with my CV VM-E close focus adapter II that is slightly thinner and utilizing hard infinity there.

The tiny hood kind of blocks access to the aperture mechanism on this lens and aperture can't be controlled with the hood, so I've been leaving the hood home and using it without. That way it's fairly easy to control the aperture by finger. Seems to be better than trying to use a toothpick or something to access the mechanism while the hood is on.

Some shots with my Super Triplet Perar 35/3.5 version II from last Saturday at Ikebukuro as well: https://photos.app.goo.gl/iJ5q6anCPSp3fuwC7



May 24, 2024 at 10:45 AM
BastianK
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #18 · p.7 #18 · MS-Optics lenses Image Thread


As I just sold a picture taken with the MS-Optics 50mm 1.0 ISM, it is a good idea to talk about this lens.
It is Miyazaki's lens with the highest element count. I don't particularly like it as an f/1.0 lens, but I like it as an f/1.4 lens very much.





M10 | f/1.4


M10 | f/1.4


M10 | f/1.4


M10 | f/1.4


M6 | Silbersalz 200T | f/1.4


M6 | Silbersalz 200T | f/1.4


M6 | Silbersalz 200T | f/1.4


M6 | Silbersalz 200T | f/1.4

Review: https://phillipreeve.net/blog/review-ms-optics-50mm-1-0-ism/



May 24, 2024 at 02:10 PM
Juha Kannisto
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #19 · p.7 #19 · MS-Optics lenses Image Thread


BastianK wrote:
As I just sold a picture taken with the MS-Optics 50mm 1.0 ISM, it is a good idea to talk about this lens.
It is Miyazaki's lens with the highest element count. I don't particularly like it as an f/1.0 lens, but I like it as an f/1.4 lens very much.

https://phillipreeve.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/ms-optics_50mm_1.0_ISM_title.jpg

https://phillipreeve.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/L1007645.jpg
M10 | f/1.4

https://phillipreeve.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/L1005374-Bearbeitet.jpg
M10 | f/1.4

https://phillipreeve.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/MS-Optics_50_1.0_ISM_Sample_M10.jpg
M10 | f/1.4

https://phillipreeve.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/L1007800.jpg
M10 | f/1.4

https://phillipreeve.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/MS-Optics_50_1.0_ISM_Sample_M6_1.jpg
M6 | Silbersalz 200T | f/1.4

https://phillipreeve.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/MS-Optics_50_1.0_ISM_Sample_M6_3.jpg
M6 | Silbersalz 200T | f/1.4

https://phillipreeve.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/MS-Optics_50_1.0_ISM_Sample_M6_7.jpg
M6 | Silbersalz 200T | f/1.4

https://phillipreeve.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/MS-Optics_50_1.0_ISM_Sample_M6_5.jpg
M6 | Silbersalz 200T | f/1.4

Review: https://phillipreeve.net/blog/review-ms-optics-50mm-1-0-ism/


I've been still expanding my MS-Optics collection quite actively (now at 18 unique lenses / not counting 2 copies of 28/4 separately). Before this 24/2 I also picked up a 2nd hand copy of 24/4 as a regular black version showed up at Map Camera for a good price (around 60K yen). It's missing the box and papers and original caps though. I had a copy of that lens back in 2015 or so but had sold it.

ISM would still be attractive from the ones I don't have but the used market is very limited and I've just seen the special color versions popping up at Map for around 220K a couple of times. It's one of those where I'm tempted but the price is exceeding my threshold. The samples with it look very nice.



May 24, 2024 at 08:48 PM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #20 · p.7 #20 · MS-Optics lenses Image Thread


Juha Kannisto wrote:
I've been still expanding my MS-Optics collection quite actively (now at 18 unique lenses / not counting 2 copies of 28/4 separately). Before this 24/2 I also picked up a 2nd hand copy of 24/4 as a regular black version showed up at Map Camera for a good price (around 60K yen). It's missing the box and papers and original caps though. I had a copy of that lens back in 2015 or so but had sold it.

ISM would still be attractive from the ones I don't have but the used market is very limited and I've just seen
...Show more

Do you own the MS Optics 50mm f/1 Juha? I am very interested in this one but it seems to be a rarity!



May 29, 2024 at 08:54 PM
1       2       3              6              8       end






FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              6              8       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.