Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

  

Senior Portraits from the Fall

  
 
friscoron
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Senior Portraits from the Fall


Congratulations to friscoron for winning Feature Thread of the Week with 4 votes - View Previous Winners


One of my favorite senior portrait sessions this fall. Since she's a dancer, naturally we had to include a split leap.

Comments always welcome.

1.






2.






3.






4.






5.






6.







Jan 07, 2023 at 10:49 PM
DanielScott
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Senior Portraits from the Fall


Really beautiful shots. I would definitely strive to achieve this quality for any senior shoot I attempted. Do you mind me asking which lenses you used?

In the spirit of friendly critique/comments:

In image 4 I like the leaves on the road, but a couple of spots from the debris on the road are particularly dark and I would have removed them in post.
In image 5 I might consider removing the rock on the left side of the frame, because to me it's competing with the model for my attention. There are also some sticks protruding from the ground to the right of that same rock, and to me they disturb an otherwise smooth composition. I might also remove the white line coming out of her leg (camera right).

Regardless of my opinions, I still think these are beautiful shots. My suggestions are only what I personally would do to polish what are already great photos.



Jan 08, 2023 at 05:09 AM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Senior Portraits from the Fall


A beautiful classy young woman! Fall is definitely her season!
Great images!
Dan



Jan 08, 2023 at 10:45 AM
keepclicking
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Senior Portraits from the Fall


Ron, love your work and the creativity in your images. Hats off to athleticism of this young lady. Great work👍🏻


Jan 08, 2023 at 11:47 AM
friscoron
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Senior Portraits from the Fall


Thanks, Daniel! Most of these are shot with my Nikon Z9 and 70-200mm lens, usually shooting at 200mm. I carry a 24-70 with me as well for these shoots. I don't think I used the 24-70 on any of these.

Image 4 doesn't really bother me, but your comments on Image 5 cracks me up. I have a studio coordinator and an editor here at the studio with me, and my editor does most of my editing. I remember seeing this pic and the first thing I thought was to remove the two rocks, then I would have noticed the sticks and removed those as well. So often, I'll bring an image up and ask my editor: What would I remove from this pic, and on this one, it would be obvious. I'm actually really surprised she didn't remove it on her own.

Thanks again!
Ron


DanielScott wrote:
Really beautiful shots. I would definitely strive to achieve this quality for any senior shoot I attempted. Do you mind me asking which lenses you used?

In the spirit of friendly critique/comments:

In image 4 I like the leaves on the road, but a couple of spots from the debris on the road are particularly dark and I would have removed them in post.
In image 5 I might consider removing the rock on the left side of the frame, because to me it's competing with the model for my attention. There are also some sticks protruding from the ground
...Show more




Jan 10, 2023 at 12:16 PM
friscoron
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Senior Portraits from the Fall


Danpbphoto wrote:
A beautiful classy young woman! Fall is definitely her season!
Great images!
Dan


Thanks so much, Dan! She really rocked that hat!



Jan 10, 2023 at 12:16 PM
friscoron
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Senior Portraits from the Fall


keepclicking wrote:
Ron, love your work and the creativity in your images. Hats off to athleticism of this young lady. Great work👍🏻


Thanks! I was pretty surprised she was able to hit that split leap so nicely. She nailed it.



Jan 10, 2023 at 12:17 PM
airfrogusmc
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Senior Portraits from the Fall


The first one is so good Ron as are all ....


Jan 10, 2023 at 12:18 PM
friscoron
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Senior Portraits from the Fall



Thanks so much, Allen!

airfrogusmc wrote:
The first one is so good Ron as are all ....





Jan 11, 2023 at 03:25 PM
charley5
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Senior Portraits from the Fall


Love the soft tones in these! And the bokeh is lovely as well, as is the model.

-Charles




Jan 12, 2023 at 10:19 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

friscoron
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Senior Portraits from the Fall


Thanks so much, Charles!

charley5 wrote:
Love the soft tones in these! And the bokeh is lovely as well, as is the model.

-Charles






Jan 14, 2023 at 02:13 PM
bobby350z
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Senior Portraits from the Fall


Some nice shots. A few some processing is too much or not natural.


Jan 14, 2023 at 02:48 PM
BobnJake
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Senior Portraits from the Fall


Ron, doing your magic AGAIN, absolutely stunning, # 2 is my favorite!!!!


Jan 14, 2023 at 04:51 PM
friscoron
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Senior Portraits from the Fall



Thanks, Bobby. I had her in really good light. When you do that, there is very little post-processing needed. Plus, she didn't really have any complexion (zits) that I had to edit out. So actually little facial editing, or any other editing, was done here.

bobby350z wrote:
Some nice shots. A few some processing is too much or not natural.





Jan 15, 2023 at 12:28 PM
friscoron
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Senior Portraits from the Fall



Thanks so much, Bob! She was just an easy, lovely senior to photograph, made it so easy for me. And No. 2 is my fave as well, tho... geesh, I think I loved every pic I took of her.


BobnJake wrote:
Ron, doing your magic AGAIN, absolutely stunning, # 2 is my favorite!!!!





Jan 15, 2023 at 12:29 PM
rntbot
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Senior Portraits from the Fall


Well done Ron! I'm sure she's happy with the finished product. Thanks for sharing.


Jan 22, 2023 at 08:20 AM
friscoron
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Senior Portraits from the Fall


rntbot wrote:
Well done Ron! I'm sure she's happy with the finished product. Thanks for sharing.


Thanks so much! Yes, very happy.



Jan 24, 2023 at 06:58 AM
Sauseschritt
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Senior Portraits from the Fall


Great stuff.


Jan 27, 2023 at 01:55 AM
friscoron
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Senior Portraits from the Fall


Sauseschritt wrote:
Great stuff.


thanks so much!



Jan 27, 2023 at 11:25 AM







FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password