p.138 #3 · Sony FE 200-600mm f/5.6-6.3 G Image Thread
Photo cross posted in the Sony FE Image Thread and taken at 2:07 PM.
Looking at an Immature Tricolored Heron.
Cropped, supported hand held out car window 200-600mm G set to 541mm and A7rIII; silent shutter.
ISO 200, f8.0, 1/800 second.
Exposure corrected +0.29 Stops.
January 2, 2020
Along Black Point Wildlife Drive, Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge, FL.
p.138 #6 · Sony FE 200-600mm f/5.6-6.3 G Image Thread
Female juvenile Wilson's warbler I confess I'm stumped on this one. I've been following her (?) around the property for a few months, and for a while there was a whole family, but they are very reclusive and hide out in the deep bushes, so getting this has been very hard. I have maybe 6 images. Any help with identification is welcome!!!
p.138 #7 · Sony FE 200-600mm f/5.6-6.3 G Image Thread
By the way for you A9 + 200-600 + 1.4TC experts out there... I had one **great** opportunity to get this bird almost full frame with my A9 the first week I had it, but I missed the shot because it turned out the radial play between the A9 and the TC was so large the autofocus wouldn't engage at all. Now I know to periodically torque it to keep it well connected. When I had the A7iii, the lens connection was so tight I almost worried it would damage eventually - I've never had a camera/lens connection so tight (my one Loxia was nigh impossible to dismount) - but the new A9 is quite the opposite and there is a large amount of play. Now that I know, it may not be a problem, but is this an issue for which I should complain or get a replacement, or is this something everyone knows about and I shouldn't worry?
p.138 #8 · Sony FE 200-600mm f/5.6-6.3 G Image Thread
Arbitrage - on your last hummingbird post, I would be *very* interested to know whether this is a crop, and if so how much from the original FF. Thanks!
Aug 27, 2020 at 09:19 PM
win10-64 Offline [X]
p.138 #9 · Sony FE 200-600mm f/5.6-6.3 G Image Thread
With my A7RIII+200-600mm+1.4 teleconverter, there is a slight bit of play from left to right or vice versa when connected on the mount. Is that what you mean by loose?
Also the TC is a bit more yellow/beige than the whiteness of the lens which I am hoping is normal.
photonoclast wrote:
By the way for you A9 + 200-600 + 1.4TC experts out there... I had one **great** opportunity to get this bird almost full frame with my A9 the first week I had it, but I missed the shot because it turned out the radial play between the A9 and the TC was so large the autofocus wouldn't engage at all. Now I know to periodically torque it to keep it well connected. When I had the A7iii, the lens connection was so tight I almost worried it would damage eventually - I've never had a camera/lens connection so tight (my one Loxia was nigh impossible to dismount) - but the new A9 is quite the opposite and there is a large amount of play. Now that I know, it may not be a problem, but is this an issue for which I should complain or get a replacement, or is this something everyone knows about and I shouldn't worry?...Show more →
p.138 #10 · Sony FE 200-600mm f/5.6-6.3 G Image Thread
photonoclast wrote:
Arbitrage - on your last hummingbird post, I would be *very* interested to know whether this is a crop, and if so how much from the original FF. Thanks!
You ask and you shall receive
The crop was down to 4190x2793 = 11.7MP left from 61MP.
Aug 28, 2020 at 06:58 AM
win10-64 Offline [X]
p.138 #11 · Sony FE 200-600mm f/5.6-6.3 G Image Thread
arbitrage wrote:
The crop was down to 4190x2793 = 11.7MP left from 61MP.
I am sure the A7RIV has even better cropping abilities than the A7RIII, were past 2200x it starts to get dodgy looking for me.There would be a lot of cropping room still left in that pic.
p.138 #12 · Sony FE 200-600mm f/5.6-6.3 G Image Thread
win10-64 wrote:
I am sure the A7RIV has even better cropping abilities than the A7RIII, were past 2200x it starts to get dodgy looking for me.There would be a lot of cropping room still left in that pic.
p.138 #14 · Sony FE 200-600mm f/5.6-6.3 G Image Thread
Throw some epoxy on there problem solved. Lol 😆 🤣 😂
photonoclast wrote:
By the way for you A9 + 200-600 + 1.4TC experts out there... I had one **great** opportunity to get this bird almost full frame with my A9 the first week I had it, but I missed the shot because it turned out the radial play between the A9 and the TC was so large the autofocus wouldn't engage at all. Now I know to periodically torque it to keep it well connected. When I had the A7iii, the lens connection was so tight I almost worried it would damage eventually - I've never had a camera/lens connection so tight (my one Loxia was nigh impossible to dismount) - but the new A9 is quite the opposite and there is a large amount of play. Now that I know, it may not be a problem, but is this an issue for which I should complain or get a replacement, or is this something everyone knows about and I shouldn't worry?...Show more →
p.138 #17 · Sony FE 200-600mm f/5.6-6.3 G Image Thread
Maxxus46 wrote:
how does this combo (A9ii 200-600G +1.4tc ) work vs. A7RIV AND bare lens. Curious
AF-wise the A9 II with TC is more sure-footed. Although still fast but kites are not peregrine falcons. In other words, the bare lens on the A7r IV could keep up with kites and still delivered a lot of keepers here. I updated the FW the other day and I am pleased with the results. Not up to that of the A9 II but really not bad, considering that the A7r IV is geared more towards slower-paced photography.
p.138 #19 · Sony FE 200-600mm f/5.6-6.3 G Image Thread
win10-64 wrote:
With my A7RIII+200-600mm+1.4 teleconverter, there is a slight bit of play from left to right or vice versa when connected on the mount. Is that what you mean by loose?
Also the TC is a bit more yellow/beige than the whiteness of the lens which I am hoping is normal.
Yes. Now I am completely in the habit of giving the lens a slight torque every time I raise the camera to make sure the contacts are tight. Won't be a problem as long as it doesn't degenerate in the future.