Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2330      
       2332              4145       4146       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Oosty
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2331 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Seth Lord wrote:
Ian / Samy: thanks for your comments on what I thought may have even a Boston. These are the other shots I found of it. Again, with a Nikkor 50mm from 1966

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/kalkadan/Paula1stHolyCommunion015.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/kalkadan/Paula1stHolyCommunion011.jpg

The SAAF flew Bostons in WWll - there's an authentic shot at http://www.flickr.com/photos/8270787@N07/2525592762/in/photostream/

Dec 08, 2012 at 07:57 AM
Ian Boys
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2331 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Seth Lord wrote:
Ian / Samy: thanks for your comments on what I thought may have even a Boston. These are the other shots I found of it. Again, with a Nikkor 50mm from 1966

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/kalkadan/Paula1stHolyCommunion015.jpg

Ah. Definitely not a Boston. Some kind of Lockheed utility plane I think. Coastal patrol or something.

Dec 08, 2012 at 09:46 AM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2331 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I agree. Not a Boston. A Lockheed for sure, probably a "Ventura" B37 (derived from lodestar)

Dec 08, 2012 at 10:12 AM
Seth Lord

p.2331 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Reagan - that shot of your wife is just lovely, there is a separation between her and the background clouds which gives it such 'punch'. To say nothing of the lady concerned of course

Dec 08, 2012 at 11:23 AM
georgms
• • • •
p.2331 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Monty, Scott and Seth - thanks for your comments on the winterly street scene!

Monty, wow, there seems to be no ladder-shortage in Oshkosh ;-) Nice play with the colors and structures!

Philip - love the "Honest Eds"-shot. 28 merged/stitched shots - wow, do you shoot from a tripod or hand-held?
The theatre-background of Ed shows up - my first thoughts after looking at your picture were related to old western movies - saloons filled with smoke, showgirls and a lot of shifty gamblers and drunken cowboys ;-)

Seth, I really like the second shot of this plane for it's very nice composition and the typical oldschool-film-look. The 356-shot is beautifully done too.

Dec 08, 2012 at 11:30 AM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2331 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Just a quick snap on the way to my parking car:

D3s, 55/1.2 at f/4

Georg, great b/w conversion. There appears to be a full range of greys in this image.

Dec 08, 2012 at 11:37 AM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2331 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

mp356 wrote:
Philippe, another fine image. I like this color version. For me it adds a richness to it. He is sketching the Eiffel Tower. Is that where he is sitting and facing or is he sketching from memory?
Scott

Scott, he is sketching the Eiffel tower because all the tourists want it (I wonder why) but the shot was taken in the place du Tertre in Montmartre

Dec 08, 2012 at 11:40 AM
georgms
• • • •
p.2331 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Some pictures from a cold and cloudy early-winter-morning. I went out to shoot the traditional "christmas-diving".

The guy at the left side won the contest for the most beautiful decorated diving buoy:

D700, 105/1.8 at f4 - I'm having a hard time with the colors

No prize for an inflatable club with stars&stripes-decor as diving buoy - these things are common as booby prize at fairs:

D3s, Ai 35/1,4 at f/4 - the water had about 4C and I skipped the idea to get closer for a better framing

Some fishing-boats, very few seagulls, very view tourists:

D700, Ais 105/1.8 at f/4

and finally these hoar-frosted "love-locks" at an old swingbridge:

D3s, Ai 35/1.4 wide open

Dec 08, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Oosty
• • • •
p.2331 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Great shots Georg - glad you kept out of the water!

Dec 08, 2012 at 12:04 PM
saph
• • • •
p.2331 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

More than once in the past few days I started to type out comments but it takes so long I get interrupted and give up. So here's another try.

Jeff, really liked the sand footprints and dredging #1, the silky sheet of water in that one is very well executed.

John, welcome, and the silhoutted cacti against sky colors are very pleasant to look at.

Ben, nice Christmas lights! And I like the dual portrait effect with the Ducati rear view mirrors. Don't see any funk from the portraits Check out a summary of just about every Nikon SLR lens here if you haven't come across this page: http://www.photosynthesis.co.nz/nikon/lenses.html

Philippe, very nice view of the artist at Montmartre.

Jose, nice beetle shots, a change from your exquisite bird shots but equally impressive in sharpness and detail.

Philip, you seem to see more in those wires than I am able to. Liked that shot of the crossed wires. And I looked and looked at the pano image (very nice!) and see maybe 2 "foibles" only Can tell the scale of that sign from the tiny no parking sign in front at the bottom.

Ian, that crumbling castle at Loch Ness is very nice.

James, very detailed money plant and seed shots, not sure I have come across it or maybe not noticed that plant.

Ron, the 14-rayed light stars against the Philly scape are cool. Is that sepia, it works very well.

Nima, cool use of the Noct on the snow.

Jorge, that guy sitting on the street begging for beer is interesting. You captured what I see as a smirk on his face. B&W works better.

Chris and Georg, cool to see snow images from across the pond, but I am not too keen to see it here yet. And I am definitely jealous of Reagan with his excellent 75 deg shots from Florida

Peter, the mean mother shot is hilarious. And well done.

Monty, very well done with those ladders and colors image.

Seth/Georg/Philippe/Peter/Ian, cool discussion on those old planes, that's given me some more research to do on planes from that era, and incentive to build a couple more models. And yes Scott, a trip to the air space museums is on the agenda.

Georg, liked the boats and houses and colors and reflections in your recent shot, and look forward to 28 PC (and any other) images of the Heinkel factory.

And I am getting another addition to my "normal" family of lenses soon. I can not explain why I will have four in the 50-55mm fl range. In I think Chin's recent words

I know I missed stuff from earlier pages. And where's Leighton?

Samy

Dec 08, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Reagan
• • • •
p.2331 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

bruni wrote:
thanks Reagan - I thought no-one was going to notice. People are so focussed on things like Harley's that the Ducatis are under appreciated.

I suspect you may have a roving eye. You're enjoying the 50 f1.8 - and I remember you liked the 50 f1.2 - and took some great pics with it but after what seemed a short time you sold it and moved on. So, yeah, I like the 50 f1.8 pics - loved your christmas lights shots - but I don't want to get too comfortable - I'm waiting on the next instalment of your lens adventure.

ben

I sold the 50 1.2 to help put a new 4 speed in the Chevelle. It definitely takes away from my lens adventure

Reagan

Edited on Dec 08, 2012 at 01:07 PM · View previous versions

Dec 08, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Reagan
• • • •
p.2331 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Seth Lord wrote:
nikkor 45mm f2.8P - with the FE or FM3a - scanned on a V700
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/kalkadan/Walk117.jpg

I love the old 356 models and it probably was Red

Reagan

Dec 08, 2012 at 12:32 PM
Reagan
• • • •
p.2331 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Nothing is free.They always hit you up for a donation it was the first building in stuart,Fl

This dog watched me the whole time I was nearby He must have size issues

last is a Tiki picnic hut overlooking the city docks You can bring your boat in for concerts or dinner downtown
and parking is free if you can find an empty slip on the weekend

50 1.8

Reagan

Leighton, could you straighten the first one up for me

Reagan 2012

NIKON D700    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    50mm    f/2.8    1/500s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Reagan 2012

NIKON D700    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    50mm    f/4.0    1/800s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Reagan 2012

NIKON D700    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    50mm    f/4.0    1/1000s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Dec 08, 2012 at 12:56 PM
montym
• • • •
p.2331 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

philipj wrote:
Thanks to those who commented on my last couple of photos! I particularly also enjoy the Central Tech building, it's one of the grand old schools that you can find around the old city.

Today's is a bit of a crazy offering. Honest Ed's is a department store that sells quite literally almost everything, a famous institution in Toronto run by one of Toronto's old famous families, the Mirvish family. Ed Mirvish got rich not only on his wacky department store, but also as the main player in Toronto's theatre scene for many years.

This is a ~28 photo stitch, having used
...Show more

Philip, I could not figure out what it would take 28 photos to capture that sign. THen I saw the TINY street sign on the botton of the picture! THat is one big sign!

Nice!

Dec 08, 2012 at 01:54 PM
montym
• • • •
p.2331 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Some pictures from a cold and cloudy early-winter-morning. I went out to shoot the traditional "christmas-diving".
n

The Santa makes it happen!!!

Dec 08, 2012 at 01:56 PM
Reagan
• • • •
p.2331 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Monty, I didn't see the street sign. Thanks for pointing it out. I was wondering the same thing about the 28 shots

Reagan

Dec 08, 2012 at 01:57 PM
montym
• • • •
p.2331 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Reagan wrote:
Nothing is free.They always hit you up for a donation it was the first building in stuart,Fl

This dog watched me the whole time I was nearby He must have size issues

last is a Tiki picnic hut overlooking the city docks You can bring your boat in for concerts or dinner downtown
and parking is free if you can find an empty slip on the weekend

50 1.8

Reagan

Leighton, could you straighten the first one up for me

I like the black OOF leaves on the top of the picture. THey fool me. I have to look twice to figure out what they are.. Nice effect!

Dec 08, 2012 at 02:04 PM
saph
• • • •
p.2331 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ground crew view - another 28 3.5 PC image of a model plane, this is the B-47 6 engine, and I guess a precursor to the better known B-52.

28 PC rotated 180 deg and shifted most of the way to get that perspective. Could do with better lighting, just a flashlight pointed at it.

Looking at it either my model construction skills need some work or the floor is warped.

Samy

Dec 08, 2012 at 02:10 PM
saph
• • • •
p.2331 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I thought they were weird tall waves at first before I saw it in the correct dimension

montym wrote:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/ufiles/74/747074.jpg

I like the black OOF leaves on the top of the picture. THey fool me. I have to look twice to figure out what they are.. Nice effect!

Dec 08, 2012 at 02:13 PM
Chris Dees
• • • •
p.2331 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Reagan wrote:
Chris, Do people really ride Bicycles in that weather?

Reagan

No problem, it's a bit slippery but the Dutch just ride. :-)

Nice set with your 50/1.8 especially the 2nd.
I have a 50/1.8 as well, but I never use it.

Dec 08, 2012 at 04:10 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password