Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2320      
       2322              4189       4190       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2321 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Curtis, you must have been logged in to Zenfolio when you posted this, as we're all getting the locked content. Go into that album, and off in the lower right, you'll see where you can unlock the content. You can also configure whether anyone can download it or not.

Thanks for the guidance Laura, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. It is when I attempt to post the image at its native size, which has the longest dimension at 1000 pixels that controls come into play. The entire collection of photos imported from Picasa is open to the public, but when i seek a link to post, I overlooked the note "Public access to these links is protected" that includes the "original file". This is the link they permit without limitation...

The longest side is 850 pixels. I wonder how panoramas would be handled. At the moment I'm not sure Zenfolio is right for me. If I'm missing something I'd welcome guidance from anyone familiar with Zenfolio.

Dec 05, 2012 at 09:40 AM
georgms
• • • •
p.2321 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MarkdV wrote:
Random shots from the weekend, testing out the 55mm in various guises + the 300mm + 50mm

Mark, I like especially the first shot for it's interesting light. The 55 seems to work pretty well as a portrait-lens - I like the smooth, but still recognizable rendering of the background.

jhinkey wrote:
Portrait of me by my 9 year old daughter Chloe. Had the D800 with the 50/1.2 on it and she wanted to shoot with it, so I said what the heck, why not? She was very careful with the camera and had great technique. Not bad for only using the focusing screen for focusing at f/1.2!

She took a bunch more of the restaurant, her dessert, etc. and took more when she came home.

I'm so proud!

John, nice to see that your daughter starts her photography-career so early and well! Focusing the 50/1.2 is a tough job - congrats!
A side-note: After realizing I couldn't get reliable results with the 50/1.2 on my D1 and D100 I gave this lens my sister for use with an old Nikon F301 (N2000) and she took a lot of tack-sharp pictures with it - thanks to the old-fashioned focusing screen (and her talent, of course).

Peter, I like your B&W's from the Settler Country a lot. Personal favorite is the cannibalized tractor.
Are the old folder-cameras yours or part of the farmhouse-interior? If they belong to you - why not giving 'em a try with a roll of 120...

Ben, I see you're on a good way to fight the "photographic funk"! Very cool abstract from the lonesome cloud!

Curtis, nice to finally see that sailboat-detail ;-) I'm not familiar with Zenfolio, Smugmug and many other photo-sharing services, but find flickr to be quite easy to use.

Dec 05, 2012 at 11:09 AM
Reagan
• • • •
p.2321 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ben, Just get up and go out shooting at dawn again
Those were great images

Reagan

Dec 05, 2012 at 12:16 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.2321 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I did some more digging, here's a link to something a little larger than 1000 but not too large that it'll break the monitor. Above the photo is a spot that says Photo Actions, I clicked it, and chose Share.

D1x and 85mm f/1.4

Let's see how well this works, I've never tried this before.

Hey, it worked!
CGrindahl wrote:

Thanks for the guidance Laura, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. It is when I attempt to post the image at its native size, which has the longest dimension at 1000 pixels that controls come into play. The entire collection of photos imported from Picasa is open to the public, but when i seek a link to post, I overlooked the note "Public access to these links is protected" that includes the "original file". This is the link they permit without limitation...

http://curtisgrindahl.zenfolio.com/img/s4/v69/p1304820988-5.jpg

The longest side is 850 pixels. I wonder how panoramas would be handled. At the moment I'm
...Show more

Access Control for Photo Protection

Sharing Photo Sizes

Dec 05, 2012 at 12:52 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.2321 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Paul, you've got a wonderful kit of MF lenses there, anything you want to share? Your seventh post on FM and you're already taking lessons from Curtis Thanks for the heads up on the lens, someone else may go hunting for one

Welcome to the friendliest spot on the internet

box185 wrote:
There seems to be a lot of interest here in the Nikkor-H.C 85mm f/1.8 lens. I found one on eBay (not my listing) that might not show up in a usual search because of the title ( Nikon Nikkor 85mm 1.8 H C Auto AI'D Rare ). Apologies to the forum if this is inappropriate - I'm still learning.

Dec 05, 2012 at 01:12 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.2321 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Nice images, Scott, and good luck with the sale. Thinking I may need to thin the herd a little too, have a couple AF lenses listed on CL at the moment to start the process. We'll see what happens. Temps went from in the 60's yesterday to 36 with a high of 44 today, so be prepared for Mother Nature again How close does the 28 focus?

mp356 wrote:
Ben, really like your bike image.

Leighton, congrats on the contest. The photo is very nice. Good looking dog.

I have a couple manual focus lenses up for sale on the BS forum. Here are the links:

28 f2.0

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1168019

35 f2.0

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1170474

It was unseasonably warm day for December today so I took a walk at noon with the 28 f2.0 (up for sale on the BS forum). Here a couple images from it. Thanks for looking.
Scott

Mark, love all the images, but that ball of twine really stands out!

MarkdV wrote:
Random shots from the weekend, testing out the 55mm in various guises + the 300mm + 50mm

Wow, really good for a nine year old, and it sounds like the bug has infected her, time to get her a camera of her own now

jhinkey wrote:
Portrait of me by my 9 year old daughter Chloe. Had the D800 with the 50/1.2 on it and she wanted to shoot with it, so I said what the heck, why not? She was very careful with the camera and had great technique. Not bad for only using the focusing screen for focusing at f/1.2!

She took a bunch more of the restaurant, her dessert, etc. and took more when she came home.

I'm so proud!

Peter, wonderful images and history lesson here. I don't blame her for not selling. Sounds like you at least have an opportunity to revisit the house with a flash the next time, and offer to document her pieces.

Oosty wrote:
Twenty five pages in 6 days!! I took a trip to our middle daughter's mother in law's farm in what is known as Settler Country in the Eastern Cape. In 1820 the British government landed a number of parties of settlers from England at modern day Port Elizabeth, provided them with very little and told them to get on with it! They cleared bush for rarms and worked their way into the interior of the country where they clashed with the indigenous Xhosa tribes in a series of bloody frontier wars until late into the 19th century.

This farm is about
...Show more

Dec 05, 2012 at 01:21 PM
Paul Gabel
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2321 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Mark, thank you for the comment. For shooting randomly, you have scored a few nice hits yourself

Dec 05, 2012 at 01:35 PM
mp356
• • • •
p.2321 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Oosty wrote:
Twenty five pages in 6 days!! I took a trip to our middle daughter's mother in law's farm in what is known as Settler Country in the Eastern Cape. In 1820 the British government landed a number of parties of settlers from England at modern day Port Elizabeth, provided them with very little and told them to get on with it! They cleared bush for rarms and worked their way into the interior of the country where they clashed with the indigenous Xhosa tribes in a series of bloody frontier wars until late into the 19th century.

This farm is about
...Show more

Peter, really like a second tractor image. Looks like a very old dragster!
Scott

Dec 05, 2012 at 01:39 PM
mp356
• • • •
p.2321 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MarkdV wrote:
Hey, nice one Chin. Glad to hear your talents going to be rewarded with dollars rather than just our collective praise. Hope you have fun!

+1 Chin. Congrats on the gig. I also like your suggestion for Ben.
Scott

Dec 05, 2012 at 01:41 PM
mp356
• • • •
p.2321 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Georg and Tony, thank you for the comments on the Enter sign. So Tony, are you planning on where to take Nikki first?
Scott

Dec 05, 2012 at 01:43 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Paul Gabel
• •
p.2321 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thank you Georg, Scott, Tony. Always so much happening in the skies over Holland.
Paul

Dec 05, 2012 at 01:43 PM
Ian Boys
• • •
p.2321 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

24mm Ai-s on Nikon FM (Tri-X)

Loch Lomond 2 by Ian_Boys, on Flickr

Loch Lomond 1 by Ian_Boys, on Flickr

Glen Shiel by Ian_Boys, on Flickr

Cluanie Inn, towards Glen Shiel by Ian_Boys, on Flickr

Dec 05, 2012 at 01:44 PM
rankamateur
• • •
p.2321 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

The great City of Philadelphia just about a half mile away. A 3 shot pano with Photoshop and all I did was crop it.
80-200 4.5 at F5.6 For those of you who don't know anything about Philly- to the right of the PSFS sign is William Penn's statute on top of City hall. Up until a date which escapes me no building was allowed to be taller than his hat. Thus the reason Philly does not have the typical skyscraper skyline.

Dec 05, 2012 at 02:02 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2321 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ian, nice to see some of your fine scottish landscapes again! Love the glare and the framing on the first shot and the muted tones of the last image.

Ron, beautiful pano of Philadelphia!

Dec 05, 2012 at 02:29 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2321 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Two pictures from a short walk around a small lake:

Heimat XLII von georgsfoto auf Flickr
D3s, 55/1.2 Ai wide open - the first snow is already melting

Heimat XLI von georgsfoto auf Flickr
D3s, Ai'd 105/2.5 wide open too - loved the ripples around this roots - saturation of the blue-tones upped in PP

and finally a silly shot from 2009:

Some part-time-Santa's taking a break - D700, 28/2 at f/2.8, I'm not sure about the crop

Dec 05, 2012 at 02:34 PM
huddy
• • •
p.2321 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Laura, a 28/2 AI-S will reach .25m/.9ft, the AI is marked for .3m but really reaches .28m.

Lots of nice work on the landscapes (and people), those of you who just posted.

Ben, hang in their and keep shooting. Perhaps you need a muse or a photographic assignment.

My 80-200/4.5 is soon to head to its new home down under. The 25-50/4 needs a home now too. If any of you are interested, let me know.

Dec 05, 2012 at 02:46 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.2321 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Alan, have to break out the converter to see that in inches

10.8 inches for the AI-S, 11.02359 inches for the AI it seems. Thought crossed my mind as I had a cat walking between me and the laptop this morning

And a few more from Sunday at the museum, it was raining and definitely overcast

NightOwl Cat 2012

Historic C-141

NIKON D700    180mm    f/2.8    1/2500s    400 ISO    -0.3 EV  

NightOwl Cat 2012

In Need Of A Few Letters

NIKON D700    180mm    f/2.8    1/800s    400 ISO    -0.3 EV  

NightOwl Cat 2012

C-17 Test

NIKON D700    85mm    f/1.4    1/2000s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

NightOwl Cat 2012

The Movie Star

NIKON D700    85mm    f/5.6    1/80s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Dec 05, 2012 at 03:44 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.2321 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

a few more...

NightOwl Cat 2012

Historic C-141 Side

NIKON D700    180mm    f/2.8    1/640s    200 ISO    -0.3 EV  

NightOwl Cat 2012

Jimmy Durante as a plane?

NIKON D700    85mm    f/1.4    1/6400s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

NightOwl Cat 2012

NIKON D700    85mm    f/1.4    1/2500s    200 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Dec 05, 2012 at 03:50 PM
Kenj8246
• • • • • •
p.2321 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Couple cats from the Fort Worth zoo. Taken with a manual focus Nikon 400mm f5.6 lens on a F100. Shot on color film and converted to B&W in PS Elements.

Fort Worth Zoo critters by kenj8246, on Flickr

Fort Worth Zoo critters by kenj8246, on Flickr

Kenny

Dec 05, 2012 at 04:56 PM
MarkdV
• • •
p.2321 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Laura, glad you liked them, but was it your cat that told you to mention that particular photo....

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Mark, love all the images, but that ball of twine really stands out!

Dec 05, 2012 at 05:29 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password