Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2317      
2318
       2319              4376       4377       end
  

Manual Focus Nikon Glass
  
 
Lieutenant Z
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2318 #1 · p.2318 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


georgms wrote:
Playing with heavy contrasts and deep blacks - this is a picture from 2010, the framing could be a lot better.



What about the framing? It is perfect imo!



Dec 04, 2012 at 05:31 PM
MDoc9523
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2318 #2 · p.2318 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


I had recently considered getting the 135mm 2.0 Just to see if I would really enjoy this focal length I bought a TC-14A to use on my 85mm 1.4. While it preformed beautifully, I discovered that on my D7000 it is really not a focal length that I enjoy shooting. I have the 135mm 2.8 also so I am thinking that it just isn't the lens for me. Here's a shot of my new mint TC-14A and a sample of it along with the 85 1.4





Here's a shot I took using the 35mm 1.4 Can I just say that I love this lens!




Dec 04, 2012 at 06:23 PM
David Antilley
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2318 #3 · p.2318 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Does anybody remember the IT specialist that had the search code for searching this thread? I am looking for the method.

Found it

site :http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/929565

David



Dec 04, 2012 at 06:49 PM
r.gil
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2318 #4 · p.2318 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


I took this shot in Bilbao spain this past spring with the 58mm noc probably at f5.6








Dec 04, 2012 at 07:47 PM
MDoc9523
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2318 #5 · p.2318 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


R.Gil what a great shot. Very nice detail and resolution!

Ray



Dec 04, 2012 at 07:52 PM
bruni
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2318 #6 · p.2318 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Lieutenant Z wrote:
Ben thank you for your support -)

Love the 2nd shot : the bike almost appears to float in the air.



thanks Leighton, Phillippe, Laura, Georg, Mark.....but it's just another bike shot. I think I'm in a photographic funk. I hate my pics. Tried switching lenses, bought a fuji EX1, thought that might shake things around - nice camera but.....nah.....it'll pass I guess.

ben



Dec 04, 2012 at 07:55 PM
r.gil
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2318 #7 · p.2318 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


One more taken just a month ago also in spain with the noc 58mm this time wide open at 1.2







Dec 04, 2012 at 07:55 PM
leighton w
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2318 #8 · p.2318 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


MDoc9523 wrote:

I had recently considered getting the 135mm 2.0 Just to see if I would really enjoy this focal length I bought a TC-14A to use on my 85mm 1.4. While it preformed beautifully, I discovered that on my D7000 it is really not a focal length that I enjoy shooting. I have the 135mm 2.8 also so I am thinking that it just isn't the lens for me. Here's a shot of my new mint TC-14A and a sample of it along with the 85 1.4

Here's a shot I took using the 35mm 1.4 Can I just say that I
...Show more

WOW Ray, that is one super sharp image! Very nice, except you keep my lens lust meter pegged all the time.



Dec 04, 2012 at 08:10 PM
leighton w
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2318 #9 · p.2318 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


r.gil wrote:
One more taken just a month ago also in spain with the noc 58mm this time wide open at 1.2
http://www.pbase.com/gilaudio/image/147367903/original.jpg


This is very very nice, as well as the other one on this page. Welcome to the thread, you'll find some of the nicest people on the internet on here! We like to call each other by name, so it would be nice if you would share yours.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work.



Dec 04, 2012 at 08:16 PM
Lieutenant Z
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2318 #10 · p.2318 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


bruni wrote:
thanks Leighton, Phillippe, Laura, Georg, Mark.....but it's just another bike shot. I think I'm in a photographic funk. I hate my pics. Tried switching lenses, bought a fuji EX1, thought that might shake things around - nice camera but.....nah.....it'll pass I guess.

ben


Ben, stop it! You are a very talented photographer and we love the stuff you post here.
Go outside, drink 1/2 bottle of Cognac, take pictures and share them here



Dec 04, 2012 at 08:22 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Lieutenant Z
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2318 #11 · p.2318 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


r.gil wrote:
One more taken just a month ago also in spain with the noc 58mm this time wide open at 1.2
.jpg



Ral welcome to the thread! That's a fantastic shot.
And your web site is just amazing. Can't wait to see more.



Dec 04, 2012 at 08:31 PM
leighton w
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2318 #12 · p.2318 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Lieutenant Z wrote:
Ben thank you for your support -)

Love the 2nd shot : the bike almost appears to float in the air.

bruni wrote:
thanks Leighton, Phillippe, Laura, Georg, Mark.....but it's just another bike shot. I think I'm in a photographic funk. I hate my pics. Tried switching lenses, bought a fuji EX1, thought that might shake things around - nice camera but.....nah.....it'll pass I guess.

ben

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Ben, stop it! You are a very talented photographer and we love the stuff you post here.
Go outside, drink 1/2 bottle of Cognac, take pictures and share them here


Now THAT sounds like good advice! I'm not sure why you say you're in a funk, that bike shot is one of the best images you've posted. You know, I was going through something similar this summer, I got tired of shooting nothing but farmers' market pictures. So I started walking around town and it sparked a whole new appreciation of picture taking. Maybe a walk around Sydney would be just what you needed. Anyway, just a suggestion.





Dec 04, 2012 at 08:47 PM
asiostygius
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2318 #13 · p.2318 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Foggy14 wrote:
Playing around with the new (used) 180mm. Still need some more time with it, but I really like how it renders colors and it seems to play well with the PK-13 tube.




Jeff, beautiful flowers with the 180 + tube.



Dec 04, 2012 at 09:02 PM
asiostygius
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2318 #14 · p.2318 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


vpik01 wrote:
Congrats Leighton! A fitting tribute to your pup, and the 180/2.8!!!


+100 Leighton!



Dec 04, 2012 at 09:02 PM
asiostygius
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2318 #15 · p.2318 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Thanks for the kind comments, Georg, Philippe, Curtis, John, Jimmy, Leighton and Laura.


Dec 04, 2012 at 09:04 PM
asiostygius
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2318 #16 · p.2318 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Welcome Raul, and what debut shots on here with the 58/1.2,: colourful, tack sharp and great composition.


Dec 04, 2012 at 09:05 PM
asiostygius
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2318 #17 · p.2318 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Common guys, today is the last chance for an incredible price on a great condition zoom:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271108188716?ssPageName=STRK&afsrc=1



Dec 04, 2012 at 09:06 PM
MDoc9523
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2318 #18 · p.2318 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Thank you Leighton, Sorry to stir up your lens lust. It's kind of a weird feeling I have now because for the first time since I started on my manual lens adventure, I don't have lens lust. There are a few lenses I wouldn't mind having, but none that I am really pining to acquire. Kinda sad in a way


Dec 04, 2012 at 09:27 PM
bruni
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2318 #19 · p.2318 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


leighton w wrote:
Now THAT sounds like good advice! I'm not sure why you say you're in a funk, that bike shot is one of the best images you've posted. You know, I was going through something similar this summer, I got tired of shooting nothing but farmers' market pictures. So I started walking around town and it sparked a whole new appreciation of picture taking. Maybe a walk around Sydney would be just what you needed. Anyway, just a suggestion.




no you're right, Leighton, of course. I'm sure we all go through cycles - except Phillippe who seems to be amazingly prolific - maybe it's the cognac - although 1/2 bottle of cognac would probably kill me.

ben




Dec 04, 2012 at 09:36 PM
leighton w
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2318 #20 · p.2318 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


MDoc9523 wrote:
Thank you Leighton, Sorry to stir up your lens lust. It's kind of a weird feeling I have now because for the first time since I started on my manual lens adventure, I don't have lens lust. There are a few lenses I wouldn't mind having, but none that I am really pining to acquire. Kinda sad in a way


Oh come on Ray, you simply MUST get the 50-135mm!



Dec 04, 2012 at 09:37 PM
1       2       3              2317      
2318
       2319              4376       4377       end




FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2317      
2318
       2319              4376       4377       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password