Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2316      
       2318              3805       3806       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

JimmyChoo
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2317 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

montym wrote:
+1
Congratulations Leighton

Also, congratulations from me, Leighton.
Nothing like some help from a man's best friend.

Dec 04, 2012 at 05:29 AM
vpik01
• • •
p.2317 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Congrats Leighton! A fitting tribute to your pup, and the 180/2.8!!!

Dec 04, 2012 at 05:35 AM
vpik01
• • •
p.2317 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Playing with heavy contrasts and deep blacks - this is a picture from 2010, the framing could be a lot better.

I wish I had your 'framing problems' Georg! This is a dynamic shot, a great example of how a still image can tell a story effectively.

Jeff great work with the PK-13!

Matt it is good to see that Brandon is involved with your photography on more than a model basis, good assistance is hard to find!

Dec 04, 2012 at 05:38 AM
JimmyChoo
• •
p.2317 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Jose, each time I see your bird pictures, my jaw drops in wonder at the sharpness, colour contrast and of course very pleasing composition. I don't think anyone would get tired of viewing them.
I only wish I could take such pictures, but I'm too laid back to venture out. That is why I don't have long lenses.
So keep showing us your bird shots, and thank you for sharing them with us.

asiostygius wrote:
I promise this is the last shot of one of the Southern Lapwing parents.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8066/8236887178_ff1f367202_b.jpg
Southern Lapwing with Nikkor 400mm f/5.6 AI EDIF by labecoaves, on Flickr

D7000 + 400mm f/5.6 AI EDIF hand held, ISO 500, f/8 at 1/1250s, ~15% crop.

Dec 04, 2012 at 05:45 AM
MarkdV
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2317 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Georg, love the photo of the firemen. especially as they all seem to be ignoring the actual fire except for the one guy in the background. Not sure how you want the framing better, I love it as it is.

Matt, great portrait of Brandon but it does make him look like he's a evil mastermind in his lair about to blow something up (or maybe the remote opens the tank of sharks with lasers on their heads). Good that you're training him to take over, be careful or you'll get back after your treatment and he'll have taken over your place in this thread. On that subject, I really hope all the best for you and that surgery is successful to fix the issue with your neck.

Philippe - amazing second set from the fair. I start to run out of superlatives for your photos so apologies if I repeat myself.

Lastly thanks to everyone for their kind words on the set from Zürich on Saturday night. I appreciate all your feedback.

Kind regards,
Mark.

Edited on Dec 04, 2012 at 12:35 PM · View previous versions

Dec 04, 2012 at 06:36 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2317 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Foggy14 wrote:
Playing around with the new (used) 180mm. Still need some more time with it, but I really like how it renders colors and it seems to play well with the PK-13 tube.

I love these Jeff. I'm such a fan of the 180 and am always amazed at how the lens performs with tubes.

I'm going to take this opportunity to experiment with linking to a photo in Zenfolio. This was shot with the 180 f/2.8 AI-s with a 20mm extension tube at f/4, hand held. Its not a great shot but I really need to explore this hosting site during the trial period.

This is the mast of a sailboat in dry dock, lying on a set of work horses.

Dec 04, 2012 at 07:48 AM
deang001
• • •
p.2317 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

montym wrote:
OUr favorite show!
But Rocky is a bit of an old man. He doesn't like Higgs getting too close to him

Yes, our favourite show too Chuck Lorre is a champ. I love the little vanity cards at the end of his shows.

http://www.chucklorre.com/index-bbt.php

I feel a bit sorry for the Rockstar ... his world must crumbling at the moment ... all that attention now divided

He'll be OK in a month or so and they'll be best of mates.

Dec 04, 2012 at 09:35 AM
bruni
• • •
p.2317 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

poor Phillippe - be nice or he'll go back to the zeiss thread.

I got nothing - snaps from this morning

ben

freelines before work - nikon 20mm f3.5 UD by benmorgan28, on Flickr

nikon 55mm f1.2SC by benmorgan28, on Flickr

Dec 04, 2012 at 10:47 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2317 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Alan - I love your shot of Nikki with Nikki, you've done some fine work with her....Both of them!

Georg - Great shot, I love the composition. I wish our local newspaper had a photog with your skill.

Scott - Be sure to post a link to your sale, good luck!

Jeff - Beautiful work with the 180 and PK-13, I particularly like the first one. It's nice to see some color like that, it's all drab looking around here now.

Jose - I want to echo what everyone else is saying. Your bird shots are some of the best I've seen, please don't stop sharing them.

Ben - I thought you said you have nothing. That bike shots is wonderful!

Thanks to all of the nice comments about my 4th place finish. It's just more proof of what we all know about these lenses!

Dec 04, 2012 at 11:13 AM
georgms
• • • •
p.2317 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:

I love these Jeff. I'm such a fan of the 180 and am always amazed at how the lens performs with tubes.

I'm going to take this opportunity to experiment with linking to a photo in Zenfolio. This was shot with the 180 f/2.8 AI-s with a 20mm extension tube at f/4, hand held. Its not a great shot but I really need to explore this hosting site during the trial period.

http://curtisgrindahl.zenfolio.com/img/s4/v69/p1304820988.jpg

Curtis, I get a "Content Protected by Owner"-sign instead of a sailboat. I would prefer to see the boat ;-)

Dec 04, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

georgms
• • • •
p.2317 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ben, outstanding colors and framing on the bicycle-shot!

Leighton, thanks and congrats to your success in the challenge! Can't wait to get my copy of the 180ED...

Jeff, I like your flower-close-ups a lot. I'm wondering how the "tubed" 180 ED compares to the old 200/4 Micro.

Scott, congrats to your new lenses! The 28/2.8 and the 50-135 should make a very versatile and fairly compact travel-combo. Hope to see some images from your beautiful coast soon ;-)

Matt, thank you! I've been playing with remote-setups too - but have shot nothing worthy yet. Just make sure that Brandon doesn't take over your photography-business and you're just setting up the gear ;-)
Hope that the neurosurgeon will have success the non invasive way.

Mark and Tony - thank you for your kind words!

Dec 04, 2012 at 12:22 PM
MarkdV
• • •
p.2317 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Ben, outstanding colors and framing on the bicycle-shot!

Georg stole the words from my mouth. Outstanding!

Dec 04, 2012 at 12:32 PM
MarkdV
• • •
p.2317 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Georg - Great shot, I love the composition. I wish our local newspaper had a photog with your skill.

They do have one Leighton. They just haven't hired you yet, that's all. Send them some of your pics from the farmers market and they'll have you on board in an instant.

Dec 04, 2012 at 12:34 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2317 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MarkdV wrote:
They do have one Leighton. They just haven't hired you yet, that's all. Send them some of your pics from the farmers market and they'll have you on board in an instant.

Thanks Mark, but that's something I'll leave to the pros like Georg and Matt!

Dec 04, 2012 at 12:50 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2317 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

***** BLOG UPDATE *****

Here's Alan's last post, and what a great way to end, beautiful shot of a beautiful lady.

http://aroundtheworldwithanikonlens.blogspot.com/2012/12/alans-fifth-and-last-post.html

Dec 04, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Zichar
• • • •
p.2317 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I like the one with the lab Philip, the darks just makes the front entrance pop up; I must say you've been turning out awesome b&w photos. Plus shooting streets wide open, my mind screams that's impossible!

Monty, Higgs is super cute. I watched Dogs 101 on the telly just the other day and learnt that Chihuahuas are one-owner dogs; i.e they bond to one person and may get jealous of other dogs and family members. Uh-oh?

Dec 04, 2012 at 01:16 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.2317 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Curtis, you must have been logged in to Zenfolio when you posted this, as we're all getting the locked content. Go into that album, and off in the lower right, you'll see where you can unlock the content. You can also configure whether anyone can download it or not.

CGrindahl wrote:

http://curtisgrindahl.zenfolio.com/img/s4/v69/p1304820988.jpg

Dec 04, 2012 at 02:15 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.2317 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Definitely go through APS http://www.nikoncamerarepair.com

I've sent them three boxes so far, box #3 just arrived there yesterday. Box #1 contained "Nikki" who required surgery when I was clumsy enough to drop my camera, and before I could say OS there was the shattering of the filter...

r.gil wrote:
I have an old 58mm f1.2 lens that needs some repair, can someone point me to a good repair shop
or should I send it to the Nikon people in LI New York?
thaks
rgil

Dec 04, 2012 at 02:32 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.2317 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Samy, you might try an early Sunday morning to shoot the building, might have better luck with cars not being there to block the view.

saph wrote:
Leighton, great job on the dpreview competition! I went and looked through your gallery and there's some neat doors and steps in there.

Bert, nice bird with focus spot on, and great background color.

Philip, cool b& w of that laboratory building.

Here's a b&w of that Baltimore building which I did a retake with the 28 3.5 PC to straighten the lines. Couldn't back up enough so took it an angle and so the lines are still not quite square, and then this car was in the way. Not sure if could have changed the angle of the 28, will have to
...Show more

Matt, that's a bummer, but at least most of them are still plentiful (at least the ones in your profile). Hope someone can relieve your wife during your recovery time, she's going to need a break or two.

Matt OHarver wrote:
I want to thank everyone for the well wishes. I see the Neurosurgeon on Thursday afternoon to see what he has plans for me.

The actual diagnosis came down today. I have Bone spurs on c-4 and c5 in my neck. C-6 has a protruding/herniated disk and I also have an issue a bit further down in my back they found on accident! They said they are likely going to recommend surgery, but may try non invasive first to see how well it responds. Either way I'm probably going to sell some of my MF lenses as much as
...Show more

Jose, love your bird shots, keep posting them!!!!!

Beautiful bike shot Ben!!

bruni wrote:
poor Phillippe - be nice or he'll go back to the zeiss thread.

I got nothing - snaps from this morning

ben

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8342/8244331878_973f65afd0_b.jpg
nikon 55mm f1.2SC by benmorgan28, on Flickr

Dec 04, 2012 at 02:36 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2317 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ben thank you for your support -)

Love the 2nd shot : the bike almost appears to float in the air.

Dec 04, 2012 at 05:28 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password