Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
One new topic per day
  

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2013 · Outside of Newberg Oregon
  
 
savingspaces
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Outside of Newberg Oregon


Like often in the winter season, the air wasn't clear but at least it wasn't raining.


P2020023.jpg by savingspaces33, on Flickr



Feb 07, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Tim Knutson
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Outside of Newberg Oregon


Um, I think your trees are glowing.


Feb 08, 2013 at 03:18 AM
savingspaces
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Outside of Newberg Oregon


Tim Knutson wrote:
Um, I think your trees are glowing.



Thank you!



Feb 08, 2013 at 03:36 AM
alrac
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Outside of Newberg Oregon


Nice work. It's not easy getting an interesting, glowy pic in a Western Oregon winter!


Feb 08, 2013 at 06:00 AM
savingspaces
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · Outside of Newberg Oregon


alrac wrote:
Nice work. It's not easy getting an interesting, glowy pic in a Western Oregon winter!



Thank you very much alrac!!!



Feb 11, 2013 at 03:42 AM
JimFox
Offline
• • • • • • •
Moderator
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · Outside of Newberg Oregon


You have an interesting shot there with that framing. The composition works, but the processing doesn't. The halo'ing around the trees doesn't look good. When Tim mentioned that trees were glowing, I don't believe he meant it as a compliment.

I would be interested in seeing the original of this, not sure how you got halo's around the trees, since they are almost totally black in the shot, you shouldn't have needed a layermask to process this for bringing out the background. Anyway, if you don't mind posting the shot straight out of the camera, it would help to give you suggestions on the processing.

Jim



Feb 11, 2013 at 05:57 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



savingspaces
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · Outside of Newberg Oregon


JimFox wrote:
You have an interesting shot there with that framing. The composition works, but the processing doesn't. The halo'ing around the trees doesn't look good. When Tim mentioned that trees were glowing, I don't believe he meant it as a compliment.

I would be interested in seeing the original of this, not sure how you got halo's around the trees, since they are almost totally black in the shot, you shouldn't have needed a layermask to process this for bringing out the background. Anyway, if you don't mind posting the shot straight out of the camera, it would help to give you
...Show more

Hi Jim - I understood that Tim's reply was not complimentary.

I can send you the raw file, not sure if you can post that here.

I took a bunch of pictures that day as I normally do, and just played around in LR4 with this photo, wasn't trying to reproduce what I actually saw, due to me not being good at PP yet. Probably 30 seconds. Open to suggestions.



Feb 11, 2013 at 08:13 PM
StarNut
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · Outside of Newberg Oregon


Effects like the "glowing" of the trees usually result from over-sharpening and/or aggressive use of contrast.


Feb 11, 2013 at 08:54 PM
savingspaces
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · Outside of Newberg Oregon


StarNut wrote:
Effects like the "glowing" of the trees usually result from over-sharpening and/or aggressive use of contrast.


Guilty!!!!

Thank you for commenting



Feb 11, 2013 at 09:15 PM
JimFox
Offline
• • • • • • •
Moderator
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · Outside of Newberg Oregon


For a shot like this, just try posting a jpg version of your raw in the thread here. Others might join in with some suggestions and edits of it too.

Jim



Feb 11, 2013 at 09:21 PM
savingspaces
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · Outside of Newberg Oregon


Raw version to Jpeg


P2020023 by savingspaces33, on Flickr



Feb 11, 2013 at 11:55 PM





FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password