FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Outside of Newberg Oregon

savingspaces
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Outside of Newberg Oregon

Like often in the winter season, the air wasn't clear but at least it wasn't raining.

P2020023.jpg by savingspaces33, on Flickr

Feb 07, 2013 at 05:37 PM
Tim Knutson
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Outside of Newberg Oregon

Um, I think your trees are glowing.

Feb 07, 2013 at 10:18 PM
savingspaces
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Outside of Newberg Oregon

Tim Knutson wrote:
Um, I think your trees are glowing.

Thank you!

Feb 07, 2013 at 10:36 PM
alrac
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Outside of Newberg Oregon

Nice work. It's not easy getting an interesting, glowy pic in a Western Oregon winter!

Feb 08, 2013 at 01:00 AM
savingspaces
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Outside of Newberg Oregon

alrac wrote:
Nice work. It's not easy getting an interesting, glowy pic in a Western Oregon winter!

Thank you very much alrac!!!

Feb 10, 2013 at 10:42 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Outside of Newberg Oregon

You have an interesting shot there with that framing. The composition works, but the processing doesn't. The halo'ing around the trees doesn't look good. When Tim mentioned that trees were glowing, I don't believe he meant it as a compliment.

I would be interested in seeing the original of this, not sure how you got halo's around the trees, since they are almost totally black in the shot, you shouldn't have needed a layermask to process this for bringing out the background. Anyway, if you don't mind posting the shot straight out of the camera, it would help to give you suggestions on the processing.

Jim

Feb 11, 2013 at 12:57 PM
savingspaces
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Outside of Newberg Oregon

JimFox wrote:
You have an interesting shot there with that framing. The composition works, but the processing doesn't. The halo'ing around the trees doesn't look good. When Tim mentioned that trees were glowing, I don't believe he meant it as a compliment.

I would be interested in seeing the original of this, not sure how you got halo's around the trees, since they are almost totally black in the shot, you shouldn't have needed a layermask to process this for bringing out the background. Anyway, if you don't mind posting the shot straight out of the camera, it would help to give you
...Show more

Hi Jim - I understood that Tim's reply was not complimentary.

I can send you the raw file, not sure if you can post that here.

I took a bunch of pictures that day as I normally do, and just played around in LR4 with this photo, wasn't trying to reproduce what I actually saw, due to me not being good at PP yet. Probably 30 seconds. Open to suggestions.

Feb 11, 2013 at 03:13 PM
StarNut
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Outside of Newberg Oregon

Effects like the "glowing" of the trees usually result from over-sharpening and/or aggressive use of contrast.

Feb 11, 2013 at 03:54 PM
savingspaces
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Outside of Newberg Oregon

StarNut wrote:
Effects like the "glowing" of the trees usually result from over-sharpening and/or aggressive use of contrast.

Guilty!!!!

Thank you for commenting

Feb 11, 2013 at 04:15 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Outside of Newberg Oregon

For a shot like this, just try posting a jpg version of your raw in the thread here. Others might join in with some suggestions and edits of it too.

Jim

Feb 11, 2013 at 04:21 PM
savingspaces
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Outside of Newberg Oregon

Raw version to Jpeg

P2020023 by savingspaces33, on Flickr

Feb 11, 2013 at 06:55 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.