Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Iguazu Falls

tgrando
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Iguazu Falls

Hello all. I haven't posted in a while, been awfully busy, but I still find time to admire the many images here.

My wife and I took a recent trip to South America and spent some time at Iguazu Falls. I'd been before, but she's always wanted to go. We visited both sides, but since I'd shot the Argentine side before, I spent most of our couple of days there just having fun and relaxing. I did manage to shoot a few on the Brazilian side, and came away with this one. The water was an unattractive brown, so I decided to just remove color altogether. Any comments or critiques are welcome and appreciated.

Edited on Feb 07, 2013 at 09:45 PM · View previous versions

Feb 07, 2013 at 08:58 PM
DonH
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · Iguazu Falls

Can't see photo.

Feb 07, 2013 at 09:24 PM
tgrando
• • •
p.1 #3 · Iguazu Falls

Thanks Don. It was working earlier, but it should be fixed now.

Feb 07, 2013 at 09:46 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Iguazu Falls

Hey Todd,

It's great to see you stop by, it's been a while. I like your take here of this massive falls. That is one place I would hope to be able to go one day.

Jim

Feb 07, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #5 · Iguazu Falls

Looks so massive! Thanks for sharing
I will be in Foz do Iguaçu in April. Can't wait. Which side did you like better?
Fred

Feb 08, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

DonH
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · Iguazu Falls

Ah, much better, Todd. I like your take on it.

Feb 08, 2013 at 07:20 AM
mabidally
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Iguazu Falls

Very nice composition.

Feb 08, 2013 at 10:50 AM
tgrando
• • •
p.1 #8 · Iguazu Falls

Fred Miranda wrote:
Looks so massive! Thanks for sharing
I will be in Foz do Iguaçu in April. Can't wait. Which side did you like better?
Fred

You'll absolutely love it Fred. I've been twice now and it's equally as impressive the second time. Both sides give entirely different experiences as well. The Brazilian side is much more up close and personal with the main area called the Devil's Throat. You also get a much more expansive view of the whole park.

The Argentine side, which I prefer, is much better for shooting the falls a little more closely. It's also set up better to shoot as it's much more relaxed. The Brazil side seems more geared toward getting you in and out as quickly and efficiently as possible. You can really take your time on the Argentine side, plus there's some hiking you can do as well. Just be warned, the park hours will limit you with good light as they don't open until after the sun is already up and they close well before sunset. There may be a way to get access outside of that , but I don't know how.

Enjoy your trip, can't wait to see the results.

Feb 15, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Dougo
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · Iguazu Falls

Wow, it feels like you are standing right in the falls, love it.

Cheers Ray

Feb 15, 2013 at 09:57 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password