Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Sold: Canon 1Ds Mark III

Buckeye1
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Sold: Canon 1Ds Mark III

I am curious, why is the screw all stripped up?

Feb 18, 2013 at 11:30 AM
tarsierspectra

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Sold: Canon 1Ds Mark III

Buckeye1 wrote:
I am curious, why is the screw all stripped up?

I am not sure myself. I didn't notice it until I was taking photos of it for sale. The only time I parted with the camera was when I sent it to CPS for sensor cleanings. I took a photo of it so there would be no surprise when someone buys it. Maybe there is a way for a potential buyer to call CPS him/herself and verify that there was never anything wrong with the camera? I don't know how else to make it easier for someone to be comfortable purchasing it.

Feb 18, 2013 at 01:52 PM
Wahoowa
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Sold: Canon 1Ds Mark III

tarsierspectra wrote:
Is it the lack of rating that is keeping people away from buying from me? Just curious.

At this point with all the info, I don't think that the main reason. From what I've seen, it's tough to sell this camera at $2,500, unless it's in mint condition. There was a discussion once before why it's getting difficult to sell a 1Ds3 and the main reason is the low price of 5D3.

Even if the price is right, many times I find that you have to patiently wait until the right buyer comes along.

Good luck with the sale. Free bump for you.

Feb 19, 2013 at 08:06 AM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Sold: Canon 1Ds Mark III

tarsierspectra wrote:
I had a clean and check done already but I didn't think of asking them to do shutter count because I didn't know I couldn't do it myself.
The estimated shutter count is about 25000.

I asked for a shutter count on my last clean and they did not include it. I called and they gave it to me over the phone. You might still be able to get the info is you have the repair order.

Feb 20, 2013 at 04:35 PM
       end

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.