Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · A few new beauty shots

rick1507

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A few new beauty shots

A great model with lots of energy and exciting moves.

Dec 28, 2012 at 10:51 AM
ocir
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A few new beauty shots

Might be my monitor but WB is off?

Dec 28, 2012 at 12:27 PM
Dale_A
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A few new beauty shots

I see nothing wrong with WB, however, don't take my word for it as I am the worse judge of color. That being said, I think these photos are great, as well as the model, awesome eyes! Well done, please post more of this model.

Happy New Year.............. Dale_A

Dec 28, 2012 at 12:34 PM
donrisi
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A few new beauty shots

ocir wrote:
Might be my monitor but WB is off?

WB is dead on perfect.

As Steady might say, please take these comments in the spirit they are intended, which is to offer constructive, helpful insights.

Beautiful model. Overall, the photos are excellent. Photos are sharp, clear, crisp.

The poses need some work, specifically the hands where they contact the brass rail in 1, 3, & 4. The way her fingers are bent looks quite awkward in all three, and her wrist is has an uncomfortable bend in it in 3. Personally, I can't see any reason for her to be in contact with the brass rail in any of those three. In 1 & 4, if her hand were resting on the bar itself, that would be fine, but the brass rail is just competing for our attention.

In 3, the combination of the extended arm, her gaze out of the frame, her position facing her entire body out of the frame, and her extremely close proximity to the camera right frame edge causes me to not know where to look. As a viewer of a photo, we tend to look where the model is looking, so on the one hand, we are drawn to the upper right corner of the frame. Because she is so close to the right side of the frame (yes, I know she's right on the thirds line), our gaze continues on, completely out of the frame. On the other hand (literally, in this case), a viewer's gaze is also led along lines, such as her arm. So I am sitting here going back a forth, right and left, left and right, and I can't find a place to for my gaze to settle. And there doesn't seem to be any reason for hr being in contact with the brass rail other than to lead our eye, but in this case, we're being led the wrong way.

If she were facing camera left, our eye would be drawn into the frame from the left, down her arm, to her face. If she were also making eye contact with the camera, our gaze would stop right there, where we would find our self staring at her beautiful eyes.

Last thing -- the lighting on your model is great. If I were to change anything, in #4, I'd tone down the light in her left (camera right) side. It's pushing the limits there just a little. It's not bad, but it's headed in the direction of being too hot.

The lighting on the bottles of liquor behind her in 1, 3, & 4, however is bright to the point of being distracting. Again, this is a matter of where the viewer's eye is drawn, and it's usually drawn to the brightest part of the scene. In this case, it's the liquor bottles behind the bar. I assume this is caused be spill from the lights on the model. Since I wasn't there when you shot these, I can't offer a suggestion on how to correct it, in future shoots, do keep an eye out for the spill on the BG.

I know it may sound as if I've torn these photos to shreds, but not really. These are relatively minor details. As I said earlier, overall, they are excellent photos of a beautiful young woman.

Edited on Dec 28, 2012 at 06:22 PM · View previous versions

Dec 28, 2012 at 01:08 PM
Michael Sessio
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A few new beauty shots

nice photos overall but the skin tone does appear very orange.

in the third and fourth images there's an odd yellow stain at the top of the cleavage, particularly noticable in the third frame.

Dec 28, 2012 at 01:38 PM
Bruce Sawle
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · A few new beauty shots

Michael Sessio wrote:
nice photos overall but the skin tone does appear very orange.

in the third and fourth images there's an odd yellow stain at the top of the cleavage, particularly noticable in the third frame.

+1. The pictures are nice. But as a couple posters have mentioned the skin looks a bit warm/ orange and there is a yellow stain on the cleavage of the last pic.

Dec 28, 2012 at 03:17 PM
Steady Hand
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · A few new beauty shots

Howdy,

My Quick Comments are offered in a truly friendly tone of voice to help you with C&C.

She is pretty, and that always helps a photo.

The photos appear "over saturated" in yellow hues with parts of the skin on face and body showing yellow tint. I suspect the saturation was pumped up to show the yellow dress, but the skin is suffering for it.

I don't like the hand posing in the shots, as it looks like she is attached to the brass tube/rail in three shots.

I think you would have done better to get her away from that brass rail/hoop at the bar/server's station.

Dec 28, 2012 at 05:02 PM

Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · A few new beauty shots

The photos are also quite large and some of us have to scroll to see the whole picture.

In the last shot, for example, I only see from her chin to the bottom of the frame. It's terrible having to look at all that cleavage and not see her face.

Dec 28, 2012 at 09:07 PM
rick1507

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · A few new beauty shots

Here's a correction on the saturation, more subdued version. Have always been drawn to bold colors. So thanks for looking and the CC. Always good to hear from other photographers.

Dec 28, 2012 at 10:07 PM
ESC in KC
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · A few new beauty shots

What a beauty - and nice job with the photos.

If you like the bold colors - and I thought they looked nice in the first version except on her - maybe mask her off and saturate the rest of the image.

Dec 28, 2012 at 10:18 PM
brianclary
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · A few new beauty shots

ESC in KC wrote:
maybe mask her off and saturate the rest of the image.

+1

I like her skin tone much more in the edits. Thanks so much for posting. Great work!!!

Dec 29, 2012 at 01:57 AM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · A few new beauty shots

First of all, these images kept me looking so I must have liked them

When I like something it is fun for me to find out why or what attracted me to them or kept me interested. Yes she is a very attractive gal. The bolder colors were fun in the first set but a bit more likeable in the second set especially the quality of skin tone.
Interesting to hear that most picked up on the added saturation most noticed in the warm tones but I see strong hints of 'coolness' in her hair and on the glass and one annoying little slit of light at the very bottom of the bar front in image #1 by her right foot That backlighting strobe also robbed your nice wood color behind the bar of its warmth. Oh, and there is on little area of hair in the last shot, her right side that the hair is 'brown' and sticking upwards?
By the way, I still am enjoying the shots What is it that you did with that yellow taffeta part of the dress that has it looking like it is in motion? Kind of gives it a classy elegant fun glow

By the way, I have a great appreciation for those that can photograph people and control artificial lighting so congrats!
If I could think quickly of one thing to make this better for me, it would be to have more separation between model and BG as it is a bit too cluttered and does continue to make me want to look back at it.

Shots like this are fun for me, interesting and I learn a lot, thanks for letting me openly comment on your fine work.
Karl

Dec 29, 2012 at 04:33 AM
rick1507

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · A few new beauty shots

Again thanks for looking at these shots and the CC. Karl, I was surprised that you were the only one to pick up on the dress. A lot of work went into it and a major change of color. It was originally dark green. Several flips between Lightroom and Photoshop to get it bright and light. I enjoy the post almost as much as the shoot.
Thanks again for all your comments.

Dec 29, 2012 at 04:54 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password