Upload & Sell: Off
| p.4 #1 · Medium format lenses converted on 35mm digitals. |
MF photography left itís peak of prosperity behind.
MF lenses are reduced to manufacture these days, while digital back for MF cameras are too scarce and very expensive, they have no way to compete with 35mm digitals, in short they are dying.But they have the best ever made optics, that made many and many renown names of photographer in the past. If we could use some selective lenses ALT way on 35mm digitals, we can reach many goals.This trail not many people go so it must be rough, but the reward is invaluable, at least it helps man to master photography theories and practices and overcome the tech-shy nature .
MF lens has bigger image circle, so 35mm digital sensor only takes the best central part of the lens, while left the peripheral weaknesses out .
MF lenses are in generations, not all suitable to adapt to the flexible 35mm body, unless you want it that way.
Which are MF are desirable:
- Hasselblad, Zeiss optics and manual aperture .The adapter is available for some mounts.Very expensive but the best optically .
- Mamiya, manual aperture.Japan excellent optics. The adapter is available for some mounts.The best choice of amateur ( I am included).
- Contax 645, Zeiss optics, autofocus for most lenses,electronic aperture- very difficult to do conversion, but some people Ďve already done that task.Expensive, not stable, but the fastest performance Zeiss lens- in photography, the fastness might be the best. But on the market there is the iris- replacement adapter , DOF may not be as desirable ,bícause diaphragm is behind the rear element, using it may limit some Zeiss characters certaintly.
- Rolleiflex 6000, Zeiss optics, autofocus, electronic aperture- very difficult to do conversion, personally donít see any conversion.Waiting for heroes.
- Russian, East Gemany MF lenses : these lenses are in variable quality and must have an individual selection, I myself luckily found Mir 26B 45mm.Tilt /shift or tilt adapters are available for many mounts.If the copy is excellent this is the smartest, the most affordable and the most creative way of conversion.
- All the above MF lenses have helical mechanism, others need the bellows to make focus, that I donít mention here, although they are really good too.
- I cannít add any more , I would be grateful if someone can help this discussion go right and further.