Upload & Sell: Off
| p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · How to paint from duplicate layer, on to background copy? |
It looks like you are almost there. Here is what you need to do:
- Click on you shadow/highlights-adjusted layer in the layers palette to make it active.
- Hold down the Alt key and click the Add layer mask button in the layers palette. This will add a mask and immediately fill it with black so the shadow/highligh adjustment doesn't show.
- Select the brush tool with the color white.
- Click on the mask of the shadow/highlights-adjusted layer in the layers palette to make it active (otherwise you will paint onto the actual image).
- Paint white on the mask to reveal the shadow-highlight adjustments. You can adjust brush size, opacity, and edge hardness to suit using the brush controls.