fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       2698              2700       end
  

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

  
 
jimmuller
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2699 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


pbraymond wrote:
I think I like the monochrome version better Jim. Unfortunately I think I'm seeing dust spots now on your sensor! That must mean you are using the camera lots!



Thanks, and I like the monochrome version.

About those dust spots, you don't think you see them. You do see them. I noticed them in that clouds photo and had already cleared them before going out today. In my shots from today you should see them not there, which is to say you should not see them not there. ("I saw what I saw and I saw what I didn't see, if you take my meaning.")

Fair amount of vignetting in the 2.8cm shots, which I think were done at f/5.6. I'm not in the habit of looking for it, nor do I have much experience with that lens yet.

Yes, I've been carrying the camera around everywhere and occasionally even using it successfully!

Edited on Oct 05, 2026 at 06:35 AM · View previous versions



Oct 03, 2026 at 07:53 PM
jimmuller
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2699 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


prigault wrote:
One with the good old AI 35/1.4 ans its nice sunstars.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/55563872385_b6bee5069e_h.jpgCalm but bright

D810, Nikkor 35mm f/1.4 AI, 1/5s @ f/5.6 ISO 1600


Ooh, that pretty!



Oct 03, 2026 at 07:54 PM
James Markus
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2699 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


I did lots of jumping whilst a kid. Only time I got hurt was jumping off a sand dune cliff onto a 45 degree bank of sand hiding a grapefruit sized rock - ouch.

I can't find who suggested the electrical tape, but two strips did the trick. Thank you. It also had a banged filter ring, and I made some repairs, yet it still won't hold a filter or hood. My keeper rate is a little over 6%. Normally I am 33-66% keepers, and I have to get very critical to narrow it down.




  Canon EOS 5D Mark III    Zoom-Nikkor 75-150mm f3.5 Series-E lens    50mm    f/3.5    1/50s    1600 ISO    -3.3 EV  





























Oct 03, 2026 at 09:15 PM
serge07
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2699 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


James, that is an extremely cute young lady, nice series.

Took this one through thick curved glass, 24th floor. Lady Liberty is visible towards the center.





X-E1 + N.C 28mm f/2
Serge



Oct 04, 2026 at 08:32 AM
prigault
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2699 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


pbraymond wrote:
Great first post here prigault, welcome. That is a great lens.


jimmuller wrote:
Ooh, that pretty!


Thank you both, much appreciated.



Oct 04, 2026 at 10:15 AM
James Markus
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2699 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


serge07 wrote:
James, that is an extremely cute young lady, nice series.

Took this one through thick curved glass, 24th floor. Lady Liberty is visible towards the center.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/55568447476_13527405e3_h.jpg
X-E1 + N.C 28mm f/2
Serge


Thanks Serge.It's actually two young lassies born ten days apart.

That 28mm sure is sharp edge to edge.




Oct 04, 2026 at 10:35 AM
SiMuMe
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2699 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


James Markus wrote:
I did lots of jumping whilst a kid. Only time I got hurt was jumping off a sand dune cliff onto a 45 degree bank of sand hiding a grapefruit sized rock - ouch.

I can't find who suggested the electrical tape, but two strips did the trick. Thank you. It also had a banged filter ring, and I made some repairs, yet it still won't hold a filter or hood. My keeper rate is a little over 6%. Normally I am 33-66% keepers, and I have to get very critical to narrow it down.


Grandchildren are growing up very quick, James. Lovely pictures.



Oct 04, 2026 at 11:09 PM
SiMuMe
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2699 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


serge07 wrote:
James, that is an extremely cute young lady, nice series.

Took this one through thick curved glass, 24th floor. Lady Liberty is visible towards the center.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/55568447476_13527405e3_h.jpg
X-E1 + N.C 28mm f/2
Serge


Lovely one, Serge.



Oct 04, 2026 at 11:10 PM
SiMuMe
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2699 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


jimmuller wrote:
Thanks, and like the monochrome version.

About those dust spots, you don't think you see them. You do see them. I noticed them in that clouds photo and had already cleared them before going out today. In my shots from today you should see them not there, which is to say you should not see them not there. ("I saw what I saw and I saw what I didn't see, if you take my meaning.")

Fair amount of vignetting in the 2.8cm shots, which I think were done at f/5.6. I'm not in the habit of looking for it, nor do I
...Show more →

Having shot pictures showing a fair bit of sky this weekend, I can confidently say you are/were not alone in dust spot land. I lean on the in-camera dust-off feature to take care of them but it seems there are some unshakable ones now. I will be cleaning them up next weekend.




Oct 04, 2026 at 11:14 PM
SiMuMe
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2699 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


A few more from the Botanic Gardens. Two with the little zoom and two with the 135mm. All different birds. The difference between the zoom and the prime is night and day. Even though I'm not a birder, the prime images are just in another league altogether. Brightness, contrast, sharpness, everything. Zoom still more versatile though.







Oct 04, 2026 at 11:24 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

jimmuller
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2699 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


SiMuMe wrote:
Having shot pictures showing a fair bit of sky this weekend, I can confidently say you are/were not alone in dust spot land. I lean on the in-camera dust-off feature to take care of them but it seems there are some unshakable ones now. I will be cleaning them up next weekend.


I hear you. I always hope the in-camera-on-shutoff cleaning will take care of anything. Either it does or I don't get much dust on the sensor anyway. I suspect the former (Where is Lady Macbeth when you need her?)

That clouds photo prompted me to discover something. PSP has a filter which cleans up spots very nicely. (And washes the dishes too!) It is one of those features I never bothered with until now. Here is a cleaned up version.

CloudsOverEagleLake3
by James Muller, on Flickr



Oct 05, 2026 at 04:22 AM
jimmuller
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2699 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


A few shots from yesterday.

105mm f/2.5 P-C
GarterSnake
by James Muller, on Flickr

SargentMtAndPine
by James Muller, on Flickr

300mm f/4.5 AIS
Grass
by James Muller, on Flickr

RedLeaves
by James Muller, on Flickr

RedLeavesOnTheGround
by James Muller, on Flickr
The lens was set incorrectly to 50mm for this one.

I got a few pics of wood ducks at about 200 meters away. Good enough to identify the ducks, not good for viewing!
WoodDucks2
by James Muller, on Flickr



Oct 05, 2026 at 04:40 AM
jimmuller
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2699 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


SiMuMe wrote:
A few more from the Botanic Gardens. Two with the little zoom and two with the 135mm. All different birds. The difference between the zoom and the prime is night and day. Even though I'm not a birder, the prime images are just in another league altogether. Brightness, contrast, sharpness, everything. Zoom still more versatile though.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/55568948592_bb343d7d72_h.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/55570392195_b1c9b36564_h.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/55570135919_38540155df_h.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/55570392190_62e57da41d_h.jpg


Wow. Great pics of those birds in flight!



Oct 05, 2026 at 04:44 AM
SiMuMe
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2699 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


jimmuller wrote:
I hear you. I always hope the in-camera-on-shutoff cleaning will take care of anything. Either it does or I don't get much dust on the sensor anyway. I suspect the former (Where is Lady Macbeth when you need her?)

That clouds photo prompted me to discover something. PSP has a filter which cleans up spots very nicely. (And washes the dishes too!) It is one of those features I never bothered with until now. Here is a cleaned up version.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/55570380663_d6fff818b6_b.jpgCloudsOverEagleLake3
by James Muller, on Flickr


It's done a good job on the clouds. Now for a similar picture of the dishes.



Oct 05, 2026 at 04:44 AM
SiMuMe
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2699 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


jimmuller wrote:
A few shots from yesterday.



You have nice daytime light now, Jim. I love the ones with foliage.



Oct 05, 2026 at 04:54 AM
jimmuller
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2699 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


SiMuMe wrote:
You have nice daytime light now, Jim. I love the ones with foliage.


Thanks.



Oct 05, 2026 at 06:05 AM
serge07
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2699 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


SiMuMe wrote:
Lovely one, Serge.


Thank you, Siphiwe. I need to get back and retake with much nicer weather, the views are terrific.

Great photos from the Botanic Gardens, it looks like a great place to exercise a camera.

Serge



Oct 05, 2026 at 07:36 AM
milt
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2699 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


D850, 105mm 2.5, Arnold Arboretum


_DSC4120 by Regina, on Flickr

_DSC4127 by Regina, on Flickr



Oct 05, 2026 at 09:58 AM
jimmuller
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2699 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Regina, very nice!

From today's walk a bit further north. 200mm f/4 Q.
Ripples2 by James Muller, on Flickr

GrassAndWater by James Muller, on Flickr

Deer by James Muller, on Flickr



Oct 05, 2026 at 06:41 PM
pbraymond
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2699 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


25-50 f4 AIS








Oct 05, 2026 at 07:52 PM
1       2       3       …       2698              2700       end






FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       2698              2700       end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account