fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

  

Lightroom adjustments to custom Canon Picture Styles (Monochrome)

  
 
ruslanrusu
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Lightroom adjustments to custom Canon Picture Styles (Monochrome)


Hi everyone,

I spend quite a bit of time in Lightroom adjusting exposure and contrast for my photos. Recently, I’ve been looking into Canon’s Picture Style Editor to see if I can recreate my usual Lightroom adjustments directly in-camera.

The main idea is to get the JPEG preview—and ideally straight-out-of-camera (SOOC) results—much closer to my final intended look right at the time of capture.
I’ve been experimenting with a custom Monochrome Picture Style profile using the following settings:

Picture Style: Monochrome
Strength: 2
Fineness: 3
Threshold: 3
Contrast: +3
Filter Effect: Yellow (Ye)

Here are a few sample shots with only minor exposure tweaks in Lightroom:

https://imgur.com/a/9WJSQ0v

Does anyone else actively use Picture Style Editor to match their post-processing workflow in-camera?

I’d love to hear your experiences, tips, or favorite Picture Style recipes for B&W shooting.

Thanks,
Ruslan


Edited on Oct 01, 2026 at 01:54 PM · View previous versions



Sep 30, 2026 at 09:30 PM
campy
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Lightroom adjustments to custom Canon Picture Styles (Monochrome)


Your link isn't working for me.


Oct 01, 2026 at 01:46 AM
ruslanrusu
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Lightroom adjustments to custom Canon Picture Styles (Monochrome)


FM is booking external links to imgur copy paste the link in the browser and it works


Oct 01, 2026 at 01:55 PM
Bacalhau
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Lightroom adjustments to custom Canon Picture Styles (Monochrome)


I use Silver Efex for b&w pics - Pen-F, Q2M and R3 - but just for shots I want to tweak deeper.
My take on your shots - a tad dark and loosing detail - and I am a guy that likes dark, high contrast tonalities.
as far as in-camera settings, I shoot in raw, but use filters on the Q2M.



Oct 01, 2026 at 03:36 PM







FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account