fredmiranda.com
Login

  

  Previous versions of ruslanrusu's message #17116165 « Lightroom adjustments to custom Canon Picture Styles (Monochrome) »

  

ruslanrusu
Offline
Upload & Sell: Off
Lightroom adjustments to custom Canon Picture Styles (Monochrome)


Hi everyone,

I spend quite a bit of time in Lightroom adjusting exposure and contrast for my photos. Recently, I’ve been looking into Canon’s Picture Style Editor to see if I can recreate my usual Lightroom adjustments directly in-camera.

The main idea is to get the JPEG preview—and ideally straight-out-of-camera (SOOC) results—much closer to my final intended look right at the time of capture.
I’ve been experimenting with a custom Monochrome Picture Style profile using the following settings:

Picture Style: Monochrome
Strength: 2
Fineness: 3
Threshold: 3
Contrast: +3
Filter Effect: Yellow (Ye)

Here are a few sample shots with only minor exposure tweaks in Lightroom:

~https://imgur.com/a/9WJSQ0v~

Does anyone else actively use Picture Style Editor to match their post-processing workflow in-camera?

I’d love to hear your experiences, tips, or favorite Picture Style recipes for B&W shooting.

Thanks,
Ruslan



Oct 01, 2026 at 01:53 PM
ruslanrusu
Offline
Upload & Sell: Off
Lightroom adjustments to custom Canon Picture Styles (Monochrome)


Hi everyone,

I spend quite a bit of time in Lightroom adjusting exposure and contrast for my photos. Recently, I’ve been looking into Canon’s Picture Style Editor to see if I can recreate my usual Lightroom adjustments directly in-camera.

The main idea is to get the JPEG preview—and ideally straight-out-of-camera (SOOC) results—much closer to my final intended look right at the time of capture.
I’ve been experimenting with a custom Monochrome Picture Style profile using the following settings:

Picture Style: Monochrome
Strength: 2
Fineness: 3
Threshold: 3
Contrast: +3
Filter Effect: Yellow (Ye)

Here are a few sample shots with only minor exposure tweaks in Lightroom: https://imgur.com/a/9WJSQ0v
Does anyone else actively use Picture Style Editor to match their post-processing workflow in-camera?

I’d love to hear your experiences, tips, or favorite Picture Style recipes for B&W shooting.

Thanks,
Ruslan



Oct 01, 2026 at 01:51 PM
ruslanrusu
Offline
Upload & Sell: Off
Lightroom adjustments to custom Canon Picture Styles (Monochrome)


Hi everyone,

I spend quite a bit of time in Lightroom adjusting exposure and contrast for my photos. Recently, I’ve been looking into Canon’s Picture Style Editor to see if I can recreate my usual Lightroom adjustments directly in-camera.

The main idea is to get the JPEG preview—and ideally straight-out-of-camera (SOOC) results—much closer to my final intended look right at the time of capture.
I’ve been experimenting with a custom Monochrome Picture Style profile using the following settings:

Picture Style: Monochrome
Strength: 2
Fineness: 3
Threshold: 3
Contrast: +3
Filter Effect: Yellow (Ye)

Here are a few sample shots with only minor exposure tweaks in Lightroom: https://imgur.com/a/kYDd682
Does anyone else actively use Picture Style Editor to match their post-processing workflow in-camera?

I’d love to hear your experiences, tips, or favorite Picture Style recipes for B&W shooting.

Thanks,
Ruslan



Sep 30, 2026 at 09:30 PM





  Previous versions of ruslanrusu's message #17116165 « Lightroom adjustments to custom Canon Picture Styles (Monochrome) »