fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              end
  

2 questions for our Flickr users

  
 
Lance B
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #1 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


The Flickr images seem to all be appearing now and I really do not know why. I can see the Flickr linked images here on FM now.

I did contact Flickr and they were quick to respond. However, now that it is all working correctly, there is no longer the need to proceed.



Oct 01, 2026 at 04:57 PM
RoamingScott
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #2 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


I have not had any issues loading images for about 24 hours. I made sure to clear my cache and re-log into Flickr on all my devices.


Oct 01, 2026 at 05:16 PM
davev
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #3 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


We have you surrounded.



It seems that the only way for me not to get the blue question mark box is to use the 1024 size.
1600 or 2048 gives me the error.



Oct 01, 2026 at 05:30 PM
gdanmitchell
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #4 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


I still had issues earlier today, but...

…I have been in touch with Flickr support. I am trying one of their suggestions below: Two photographs should appear, but the first (original size at 1176 x 1176) might not if one of their theories is correct.

1. Original resolution (1176 x 1176):

Monterey Cypress Trees, Cliffs and Surf by G Dan Mitchell, on Flickr

- - -

2. "Large" size: (1024 x 1024)


Monterey Cypress Trees, Cliffs and Surf by G Dan Mitchell, on Flickr
- - -

And...
This time they both showed up immediately after I posted them.

- - -


Also...
It is a photograph, so I suppose I should say something about it. :-)

I live close enough to the Big Sur Coast that I can drive down and back for photography... and be home by mid-afternoon. This time I stopped at Point Lobos as soon as they opened the gate and went in as the fog was starting to clear. I spent a few hours walking slowly and looking for photographs, some of familiar views (like this one) and some that I had not noticed before... even though I've been photographing there regularly for decades.



Oct 01, 2026 at 10:39 PM
davev
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #5 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


Hummingbird that thinks it's a bittern.

1600x1067

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/55532803102_ad15f77e42_h.jpg?s=eyJpIjo1NTUzMjgwMzEwMiwiZSI6MTc5MDk4MDUxNywicyI6IjlmNjg3MTVjMzc3MWVmYTE0NDJiNmVmNDk0YjRjYWJjNjRjNzkzNTciLCJ2IjoxfQ


1024x683











Oct 02, 2026 at 04:38 PM
RoamingScott
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #6 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


Got an email from Flickr that supposedly this issue has been resolved.


Oct 07, 2026 at 07:40 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

davev
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #7 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


I still have to delete about 100 characters after the JPG, but yeah, it's showing up now.





Oct 07, 2026 at 10:58 AM
Lance B
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #8 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


I'm not seeing them now.


Oct 07, 2026 at 11:06 PM
jgurbisz
Online
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #9 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


RoamingScott wrote:
Got an email from Flickr that supposedly this issue has been resolved.


Same, the issue does appear to be rectified, but I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on it.




Oct 08, 2026 at 03:55 PM
GravelBen
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #10 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


Testing with an old photo as I haven't uploaded anything in the last few days...

Arrival by Ben, on Flickr

Edit to add: no problem for me seeing this one.



Oct 08, 2026 at 04:06 PM
RoamingScott
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #11 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


GravelBen wrote:
Testing with an old photo as I haven't uploaded anything in the last few days...

https://live.staticflickr.com/1807/29715545668_737b7c58fa_o.jpgArrival by Ben, on Flickr


I can see it.



Oct 08, 2026 at 04:07 PM
dalegaspi
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #12 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


i've investigated this because this has been happening on an off and it was worse around the time this thread started.

as pointed out here it's due to HTTP 429 (You can see the requests to flickr images under Network in your browser...easily accessible by right-click on mouse -> Inspect...for Safari you need to enable "Developer Mode" or something).

When you embed the BB code it's basically hot-linking the image--i.e., image embeds the image but flickr is serving the image. Flickr's web server (any web server for that matter) will know the embedding server (HTTP HOST sent via HTTP headers) which in this case fredmiranda.com not matching its own (flickr.com) and by looking at the client IP (your machine usually via X-Forwarded-For header, either through VPN or your gateway or whatever) that becomes a unique key to start throttling the requests and that throttling results to HTTP 429 response. HTTP 429 response is not permanently disabling the image serving but as you have noticed it's intermittent, you get a bit of reprieve when the your IP reported to the flickr server changes as it thinks it's a different machine.

you don't see this issue when viewing your pictures at flickr, because there server is the same as HOST (flickr.com) so they will not throttle.

this is a somewhat watered down explanation. I'm sure there may be other tricks on flickr to throttle requests since serving the image from their servers is _their_ cost, not fredmiranda.com's.

(source: things i know because of my day job)



Oct 08, 2026 at 04:19 PM
1       2       3              end






FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account