fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2              end
  

2 questions for our Flickr users

  
 
GravelBen
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


I'm having the same issue on another forum today, so I'm pretty sure it's a Flickr problem not a FM problem. Though could be ad-blocker related as you mentioned in a previous post, maybe whitelisting flickr.com in my adblocker would help.

Update: no apparent change from turning off my adblocker for flickr.com and fredmiranda.com.



Sep 28, 2026 at 06:03 PM
NightOwl Cat
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


I have one as well, since about 2005, but I don't really use it anymore. As I noted, the downtime back then in the mid 2010's made me turn to a different solution for my needs. I also like that Zenfolio is ad free.

gdanmitchell wrote:
I’ve had a Flickr account for a VERY long time. It was the first place I shared photos online — I think my first upload was in the summer of 2005…

https://live.staticflickr.com/22/34735294_b0fda23199_o.jpg
TiogaTarnSunset2005|08|06 by G Dan Mitchell, on Flickr

(Having such a long history on Flickr is… interesting. On one hand, there are some images there that I would not share these days — while not new to photography, I was new to digital photography back then. On the other hand, it is fascinating to see how my practices and my photography have changed over the years.)

My point is that overall Flickr has
...Show more →




Sep 29, 2026 at 05:37 AM
RoamingScott
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #3 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


Thanks again for all the info you've provided including browsers. I have compiled it all and continue to update the ticket. Latest update: it's them, not us

Thanks for that update. I did get this over to our engineers, and they are looking into this issue to check what is going on and causing this to occur. One bit of information they did ask for is what browser you are using as we have received some other report of this as well.

While we don't have a timeline on when this will be fixed, we will reach out to you once we have any updates or solutions for this issue.



Sep 29, 2026 at 12:49 PM
pmeheut
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #4 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


Got the problem on a recent Mac using Safari, easy to reproduce but not in Chrome.
Flickr returns HTTP 429 errors i.e. "Too Many Requests", meaning my browser asked too many pictures in a short time.
So it may depend on the browser strategy to get pictures + computer speed + internet connection speed.



Sep 29, 2026 at 08:47 PM
dakel
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #5 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


My data point - When I had my VPN enabled I was unable to see the images. When I disabled the VPN and refreshed the browser, the images appeared.


Sep 29, 2026 at 10:48 PM
Legndz
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #6 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


I have tried both Safari and Chrome on my Mac Studio and no issues.


Sep 29, 2026 at 11:37 PM
ilkka_nissila
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #7 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


For what it's worth, flickr mostly seems to work normally for me. But it's not like the service has no glitches; sometimes an image can take forever to load. Usually this problem goes away after a while, but it's a bit annoying. Other services have problems too, for example, if I upload a set of images to a google drive folder, on my mobile phone it will let me scroll through the images only up to the first 50 images, and from that point it just won't go forward. I can move back to the directory of image names and there I can see all the images by clicking on them, but I imagine a lot of people might not see the images beyond the 50th just because they don't try alternative approaches such as downloading all the images on a computer, or go back to the listing of file names. Anyway, rather than bugs or service issues I think the main issue with flickr is that on mobile phone it requires a login to view specific image links that I send (does not require that on a desktop system) and this just won't work for a lot of people, and so flickr has fallen out of use by many people. I still use it as it offers the option to upload higher resolution files (which I don't use at the moment, but could) and in some ways I like the presentation of just images without as much social media junk.


Sep 30, 2026 at 02:41 AM
q-w-z
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #8 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


I strongly believe that Flickr sometimes hasn't enough processing power to fullfill requests and it originated back to the days when they stupidly (to get vast 'user base' for shareholder's relief) offered everyone 2tb storage with automatical uploader which iimeditely provided a petabytes of literally junk.


Sep 30, 2026 at 02:59 AM
Lance B
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #9 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


At the moment, Flickr seems to be having issues. Some of the linked images are not showing up here on FM, but I also can't see the images on my Flickr site. I see my thumbnails, but when I click on the image, it does not appear no matter what browser I use. A few of the images posted on here vis Flickr are not showing up either. So, it seems as though Flickr is at fault at the moment.


Sep 30, 2026 at 03:55 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

jimmuller
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #10 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


Variation on an old joke:
I'm seeing spots before my eyes.
Have you seen a doctor?
No, only spots.

Substitute blue boxes for spots.
I have not seen any blue boxes. Nor red ones or doctors.



Sep 30, 2026 at 04:06 AM
rob_ww
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #11 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


I get the boxes with some posts from the US and/or Europe, consistently. They do not disappear over time, but if I use a VPN they disappear and are replaced by the actual pictures. Tried removing ad blocker, clearing cache, etc. -- no difference. Only the VPN works. MacOS with Firefox.


Sep 30, 2026 at 04:33 AM
RoamingScott
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #12 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


All of your updated experiences have been added to the now-voluminous ticket


Sep 30, 2026 at 08:01 AM
gerardrsoux
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #13 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


i thought im the only one haha


Sep 30, 2026 at 09:01 AM
gdanmitchell
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #14 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


Lance B wrote:
At the moment, Flickr seems to be having issues. Some of the linked images are not showing up here on FM, but I also can't see the images on my Flickr site. I see my thumbnails, but when I click on the image, it does not appear no matter what browser I use. A few of the images posted on here vis Flickr are not showing up either. So, it seems as though Flickr is at fault at the moment.


It does appear that the issue goes well beyond just FM. Yesterday I saw one of the problem “icon only” image links somewhere and clicked through on the attached link to try to see it directly on Flickr (which had worked in the past), but the image never appeared at the original flickr link either. Even more odd, I could see that image via other views of it on the Flickr site.

All of this seems in line with a Flickr issue, either with their site itself or with other services they are using to deliver images.



Sep 30, 2026 at 09:21 AM
Barbara Linkous
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #15 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


i had this problem too on chrome browser


Sep 30, 2026 at 09:50 AM
RoamingScott
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #16 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


My support agent hates me They are suggesting everyone enter a unique ticket to get more traction on the urgency with the engineering team.

I know it's a few minutes out of your day, but if everyone who has a Flickr account and is getting the issue could just open a ticket and copy/paste what you put in here, that would be helpful.

https://www.flickrhelp.com/hc/en-us/requests/new



Sep 30, 2026 at 01:57 PM
RoamingScott
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #17 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


Lance B wrote:
At the moment, Flickr seems to be having issues. Some of the linked images are not showing up here on FM, but I also can't see the images on my Flickr site. I see my thumbnails, but when I click on the image, it does not appear no matter what browser I use. A few of the images posted on here vis Flickr are not showing up either. So, it seems as though Flickr is at fault at the moment.


I was told this was a unique issue for the Aussies and fixed this AM.



Sep 30, 2026 at 01:57 PM
gdanmitchell
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #18 · 2 questions for our Flickr users


I’m not an Aussie, and as I reported above, I also ran into a problem with image on the Flickr site when I accessed them via links that accompany the broken graphics.


Sep 30, 2026 at 03:14 PM
1       2              end






FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2              end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account