fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       9              11       …       13       14       end
  

Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week

  
 
jcw1982
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.10 #1 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


Maybe it's time to focus on the Z70 and what it will have, or not have. No need to keep kicking the Z5IIc.


Sep 24, 2026 at 10:10 AM
AdaptedLenses
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.10 #2 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


A WAY bigger audience than FM.com photographers.

JadedWriter wrote:
I don't think anybody was asking for like...a full frame Fuji X-M5? Who was this made for?





Sep 24, 2026 at 10:27 AM
JadedWriter
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.10 #3 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


Would also make sense. It's not in the ZR category of cameras, it's just like it's own weird thing. If this was a rangefinder type thing with an EVF I'd get it, but it's not. I hope they find success with it though.
AdaptedLenses wrote:
A WAY bigger audience than FM.com photographers.






Sep 24, 2026 at 10:31 AM
ilkka_nissila
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.10 #4 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


And why would Fuji let Nikon have it? I imagine that since nobody else is using the 26 MP and 40 MP sensors in Fuji cameras, it's a Fuji and Sony collaboration and might not available for purchase by another camera manufacturer. Similarly Nikon's 20 MP DX and 45 MP FX sensors are not used in other camera manufacturers' products because Nikon wants exclusivity. If Nikon did have access to those Fuji sensors, I am sure they would use them because it would be an easy way to up their game in DX when someone else paid for the development.

RoamingScott wrote:
I absolutely don't want a high res camera with no EVF. That's somehow losing the plot more than this.

I wonder if Nikon is kicking around the idea of using the 40mp APS-C sensor that Fuji is using for the Expeed 8 crop bodies. We've seen there's very little reason NOT to use it, it's a great sensor.




Sep 24, 2026 at 10:58 AM
AdaptedLenses
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.10 #5 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


With a big caveat that I don’t care about rolling shutter as I don’t shoot much fast action, this has me thinking I’d rather get a used Linux S9 for $900 and get mostly the same tech with a better LCD.


Sep 24, 2026 at 11:04 AM
RoamingScott
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.10 #6 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


The Lumix L10 looks way more interesting to me for around the same price.


Sep 24, 2026 at 11:09 AM
ottokbre
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.10 #7 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


It comes in silver though.

It seems like the big camera companies are treating their product lineups like car companies. Really uninspired one-size-fits-all approach to the market at every possible price point.



Sep 24, 2026 at 11:10 AM
DWOfPaul
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.10 #8 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


Overall I think this will be a good seller for Nikon. It's a cheaper and smaller FF camera and a cheaper vlogging camera than the ZR. They probably also got good feedback on the form factor with the Z30. My guess is we will see sales around 1,200 by the holidays.

Personally, I am disappointed Nikon was not more daring with the design. For example, give us a detachable EVF, give us a good LCD screen, give us a range finder style body. I know some people will say that if you want an EVF just get a Z5II, but that takes away flexibility. I could totally see myself using the camera without an EVF 80% of the time and keeping the EVF in my bag for the 20% I really need it for. Money aside, needing two separate bodies to have one with an EVF and one without negates any space savings.

While they're trying to call this a compact camera, I feel more like it's a Z3, a cheaper full frame camera.



Sep 24, 2026 at 11:13 AM
RoamingScott
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.10 #9 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


DWOfPaul wrote:
While they're trying to call this a compact camera, I feel more like it's a Z3, a cheaper full frame camera.


They should have 100% done this. It lacks the EVF/LCD/card slots of the Z5ii, so what are we doing here?



Sep 24, 2026 at 11:41 AM
DWOfPaul
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.10 #10 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


RoamingScott wrote:
They should have 100% done this. It lacks the EVF/LCD/card slots of the Z5ii, so what are we doing here?


Agreed, and I think it would have helped some of the negative comments going around. For example, people would expect a worse LCD display on a Z3 vs a Z5 camera.



Sep 24, 2026 at 11:47 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

AdaptedLenses
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.10 #11 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


They explicitly are doing this, at least kind of. C doesn’t stand for Compact C stands for Casual. Read their marketing materials. I guess you’re thinking call it the Z3 though which not sure I agree with since some might assume the image pipeline is less than the Z5II, which it isn’t.


Sep 24, 2026 at 11:49 AM
JadedWriter
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.10 #12 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


Yeah swallowing the pill of this camera is a lot easier if it's just billed as a full frame Z30. Z5II sensor and AF are the reasons they called it what they did I guess.
AdaptedLenses wrote:
They explicitly are doing this, at least kind of. C doesn’t stand for Compact C stands for Casual. Read their marketing materials. I guess you’re thinking call it the Z3 though which not sure I agree with since some might assume the image pipeline is less than the Z5II, which it isn’t.





Sep 24, 2026 at 11:56 AM
RoamingScott
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.10 #13 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


AdaptedLenses wrote:
They explicitly are doing this, at least kind of. C doesn’t stand for Compact C stands for Casual. Read their marketing materials. I guess you’re thinking call it the Z3 though which not sure I agree with since some might assume the image pipeline is less than the Z5II, which it isn’t.


The image pipeline isn't different from the Zf and it has a different name.

No one will know wtf "C" stands for if they see it on a shelf. No one reads marketing materials except nerds on the internet. BIGGER NUMBER BETTER is a time proven way of differentiating your products in terms of level of premium and value.

A totally different product line allows them to further improve it in future models. Z3V, viewfinder edition

Edited on Sep 24, 2026 at 11:59 AM · View previous versions



Sep 24, 2026 at 11:57 AM
AdaptedLenses
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.10 #14 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


Well in that case 5 > 3 so the Z5IIC is more better and Z3. Clearly…


Sep 24, 2026 at 11:59 AM
Sonnar-7
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.10 #15 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


I did my rant already but the other thing that bugs me a little is that it doesn’t look good, I love brick like cameras, but this one is not great, the Zr was more inspired and the Sony a7c series looks better.
I’m a bit disappointed on that part because of a possible Z7iiC having that design.



Sep 24, 2026 at 12:25 PM
johnvanr
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.10 #16 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


Interesting how the three recent camera announcements are all aimed at the same ‘beginner, small camera’ segment, but only OM System actually prices their offering right. Canon and Nikon seem to have lost the plot.


Sep 24, 2026 at 12:37 PM
loudtiger
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.10 #17 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


If this was called Z3 for $999 body only no one would be complaining


Sep 24, 2026 at 12:44 PM
JadedWriter
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.10 #18 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


OM Systems is micro four thirds. You either price it due to that or price it too high and everything with a bigger sensor eats its lunch. I looked at what an OM-1 costs this morning. I was like, "no."
johnvanr wrote:
Interesting how the three recent camera announcements are all aimed at the same ‘beginner, small camera’ segment, but only OM System actually prices their offering right. Canon and Nikon seem to have lost the plot.





Sep 24, 2026 at 12:51 PM
RoamingScott
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.10 #19 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week





Sep 24, 2026 at 01:05 PM
johnvanr
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.10 #20 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


JadedWriter wrote:
OM Systems is micro four thirds. You either price it due to that or price it too high and everything with a bigger sensor eats its lunch. I looked at what an OM-1 costs this morning. I was like, "no."



Well, I have two and they’re extremely capable cameras. Anything as capable in FF would have cost at least double or triple. Similar long lenses are double the price.

The new Pen is 20mp, not much less than the latest Canon and Nikon offerings.



Sep 24, 2026 at 01:20 PM
1       2       3       …       9              11       …       13       14       end






FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       9              11       …       13       14       end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account