fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       10              12       13       14       end
  

Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week

  
 
RoamingScott
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.11 #1 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


johnvanr wrote:
The new Pen is 20mp, not much less than the latest Canon and Nikon offerings.





Sep 24, 2026 at 01:20 PM
JadedWriter
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.11 #2 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


Off sale it's very close in price to my X-H2S, then I have to buy into another lens ecosystem. I know it's a capable system, I just have no interest in dropping that amount of cash on another mount when I can just put that cash into buying into a system I already have.
johnvanr wrote:
Well, I have two and they’re extremely capable cameras. Anything as capable in FF would have cost at least double or triple. Similar long lenses are double the price.

The new Pen is 20mp, not much less than the latest Canon and Nikon offerings.





Sep 24, 2026 at 01:32 PM
Goranian
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.11 #3 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


The camera is more of less what we though it was going to be, a FF Z30, but I was expecting smaller, lighter and better screen. On sale or when the price is lower can be interesting, but not for me right now.


Sep 24, 2026 at 01:50 PM
johnvanr
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.11 #4 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


RoamingScott wrote:


I see you’re having fun. Not sure why…



Sep 24, 2026 at 02:35 PM
johnvanr
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.11 #5 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


JadedWriter wrote:
Off sale it's very close in price to my X-H2S, then I have to buy into another lens ecosystem. I know it's a capable system, I just have no interest in dropping that amount of cash on another mount when I can just put that cash into buying into a system I already have.



I didn’t say you should buy one.



Sep 24, 2026 at 02:36 PM
JadedWriter
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.11 #6 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


I know. I think there's a product for everyone in photography, MFT, just wasn't for me.
johnvanr wrote:
I didn’t say you should buy one.





Sep 24, 2026 at 02:42 PM
RoamingScott
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.11 #7 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


johnvanr wrote:
I see you’re having fun. Not sure why…


Not everyone must adhere to your brand of joylessness!



Sep 24, 2026 at 03:02 PM
sum1sgrampa
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.11 #8 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


This whole thread is hilarious and absolutely predictable. You've run out of ways to trash another ho hum announcement by Nikon so what else, let's move on to trashing MFT. As if you all are so above that system. I hate to break it to you, but we can see your work. But hey, if it somehow makes you feel more secure, punch away


Sep 24, 2026 at 03:35 PM
RoamingScott
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.11 #9 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


Why is it always the MFT defense force, man who hurt y'all?!

No one was talking about MFT until a usual suspect lobbed the usual grenade.



Sep 24, 2026 at 03:45 PM
Lee Saxon
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.11 #10 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


Not an important detail, but something that always kinda bugged me about the Zf.

The silver version of this camera works way better for me than the silver Zf. They tried to do the "silver strips at the top and bottom" thing on the front and back of the Zf, except on the back almost none of the space between the strips is your chosen "leatherette" color, it's all black, PLUS the LCD interrupts the bottom silver strip because the camera's so damn short. Z5 II c in silver just owned it and pretty much made the whole back black, and it actually works better. If the Zf II has one of those fully articulating LCD that can be flipped all the way around for protection during transport, putting a patch of "leatherette" on the back would help a lot.



Sep 24, 2026 at 05:03 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

phinix
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.11 #11 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


OK, its time for new lens for this camera.
I dont care about this body, but hoping for new compact lens.



Sep 24, 2026 at 05:47 PM
DWOfPaul
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.11 #12 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


phinix wrote:
OK, its time for new lens for this camera.
I dont care about this body, but hoping for new compact lens.


Agreed, I really hope between the ZF, ZR, and now Z5IIC we get some more compact lenses. Even if they are close in focal length to the 28mm f2.8 and 40mm f2. For example how about a 24mm f2.8, 35mm f2, and 50mm f2. If Nikon sticks to the design of small, lightweight, and relatively cheap lenses with decent optics, I could see myself adding all 3 even though I already have the 28mm and 40mm lenses.

If Nikon is up to be a bit more daring and wants to stick to none core focal length, how about something like an 18mm f4, 21mm f2.8 or f4 and a 65mm f2 or f2.8.



Sep 24, 2026 at 07:02 PM
ZeeMike
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: On
p.11 #13 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


What a time to be alive - $1400 full frame camera and people still find reasons to complain
Did everyone forget that $2k was the lower limit for a full frame not that long ago?



Sep 25, 2026 at 12:14 AM
EB-1
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.11 #14 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


I have a half-dozen 1Ds II/III or 1Dx series bodies that were very expensive back when new, and worthless now. But they ALL had a viewfinder so you see through the lens what you were aiming at.

The market subjects for the ZIIc probably don't have any 400, 500 or 600mm lenses at all. It's for cellphone users, plain and simple. The standard lens is 24-50 and they also show a 26/2.8.
I'd rather have a "Z70" or even use the old D7200 than the ZIIc, but I'm too old for the videos.

EBH



Sep 25, 2026 at 12:36 AM
johnvanr
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.11 #15 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


RoamingScott wrote:
Not everyone must adhere to your brand of joylessness!


Joylessness? What’s that based on?



Sep 25, 2026 at 12:56 AM
johnvanr
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.11 #16 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


RoamingScott wrote:
Why is it always the MFT defense force, man who hurt y'all?!

No one was talking about MFT until a usual suspect lobbed the usual grenade.


I merely made one comment about the three new announcements, none of which appeal to me, but one that at least is priced right. The others, as most commenters agree also, are largely mistakes. There was no reason to then start criticizing MFT itself or make fun of it.



Sep 25, 2026 at 01:00 AM
phinix
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.11 #17 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


johnvanr wrote:
I merely made one comment about the three new announcements, none of which appeal to me, but one that at least is priced right. The others, as most commenters agree also, are largely mistakes. There was no reason to then start criticizing MFT itself or make fun of it.


That's Scott, forum lurker, he likes to pick on comments



Sep 25, 2026 at 02:59 AM
johnvanr
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.11 #18 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


phinix wrote:
That's Scott, forum lurker, he likes to pick on comments


I am well aware.



Sep 25, 2026 at 04:57 AM
RoamingScott
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.11 #19 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


Interesting tidbit in the Fro podcast about the way Nikon handles these new releases and testing...a rep comes to them and hangs over their shoulder and the creators are given half a day to do their entire testing and filming.

There's very little time to get acclimated to the camera, to understand new features, or to do any sort of deep dive.

He said they are the only big company behaving that way, and that Sony and Canon will typically send them gear a month ahead of time. It would certainly explain some of Fro's simmering frustration with Nikon that continues to come through in every new video.



Sep 25, 2026 at 08:59 AM
old-gregg
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.11 #20 · Looks like a Z5iiC is dropping next week


The comments in this thread remind me of the Sony forum discussions when the RX1R III was released. Different form factor and price point, but the same sentiment: not! enough! features!

Who knew that cameras could become less capable when a manufacturer shrinks their size. And who knew that specs can drop even further when the price is low. Shocking, right? The world is so mysterious and full of surprises.

Be careful out there!

Edited on Sep 25, 2026 at 06:52 PM · View previous versions



Sep 25, 2026 at 09:31 AM
1       2       3       …       10              12       13       14       end






FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       10              12       13       14       end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account