Congratulations to Jeffrey for winning Feature Thread of the Week with 5 votes - View Previous Winners
I’ve been trying to locate this place for sometime and find access to it. It is fairly restrictive since there’s no roads to this scene. But you can fly over it for the best views. You will never see it like this with your feet on the ground, should you choose to hike in a few miles. Southeastern Utah on a beautiful morning.
This is an incredible shot, and it also speaks at how much drone photography has advanced. It would be nice to read what you used.....Thanks for posting.
Every other shot of this location I have seen has been at sunrise, where the strong light ads dynamism to the image but washes out some of the beautiful colors. The dusk shot has the opposite effect - more laid back but the colors and contrast really come out.
If I taught structural geology I'd ask for a copy of your photo of this monocline. The morning light beautifully shows the flat-lying (horizontal) units in the background have been folded to form the steeply dipping rocks that have been eroded to create triangular flatirons in the foreground.