fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

  

LP-E6P Supply

  
 
EB-1
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · LP-E6P Supply


Where do you get the freshest LP-E6P?
The NYC stores have not been the most reliable with Canon batteries, sometimes a year old or so.
Thanks.

EBH



Aug 16, 2026 at 09:01 PM
Cliff L.
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · LP-E6P Supply


Every store around here has them in stock, as does B&H.


Aug 16, 2026 at 09:36 PM
EB-1
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · LP-E6P Supply


BH and the Adormama have been the problems.
Has anyone ordered from them recently and can identify the battery date?

EBH



Aug 16, 2026 at 09:55 PM
Jman13
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · LP-E6P Supply


Does the date really matter that much? As long as they have full capacity and recharge fine, there shouldn't be much of an issue.


Aug 17, 2026 at 09:42 AM
gossamer88
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · LP-E6P Supply


EB-1 wrote:
Where do you get the freshest LP-E6P?
The NYC stores have not been the most reliable with Canon batteries, sometimes a year old or so.
Thanks.

EBH


These batteries were introduced on July 2024 when the R5ii was announced. I would either buy from Canon, B&H who have high turnaround to guarantee freshness.



Aug 17, 2026 at 10:21 AM
EB-1
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · LP-E6P Supply


Jman13 wrote:
Does the date really matter that much? As long as they have full capacity and recharge fine, there shouldn't be much of an issue.


Ideally that would be the case, but the Canon LP-E6 series just go from three green to two green to one red far too soon. I just tested about 15 batteries and all but one dated 2022 and older are in the red zone. All 5 of my LP-E6P are from the 2024-05 release batch and those are all two green, so will be going down to red fairly soon.

EBH



Aug 17, 2026 at 10:29 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

Cliff L.
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · LP-E6P Supply


You seem to have such bad luck with every piece of camera gear you touch. Have you considered trying a new hobby?


Aug 17, 2026 at 12:37 PM
Jman13
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · LP-E6P Supply


EB-1 wrote:
Ideally that would be the case, but the Canon LP-E6 series just go from three green to two green to one red far too soon. I just tested about 15 batteries and all but one dated 2022 and older are in the red zone. All 5 of my LP-E6P are from the 2024-05 release batch and those are all two green, so will be going down to red fairly soon.

EBH


I've been curious about this, though - have you noticed any significant decrease in performance, or are you just looking at the three squares?



Aug 17, 2026 at 12:46 PM
EB-1
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · LP-E6P Supply


It seems there may be a greater post-charge calibration gap, but I don't have any new (3x green) batteries to compare right now.

EBH



Aug 17, 2026 at 12:58 PM
EB-1
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · LP-E6P Supply


Cliff L. wrote:
You seem to have such bad luck with every piece of camera gear you touch. Have you considered trying a new hobby?


There is no luck here, just cell, BMS, and battery characteristics. I've been charging batteries since 6 and designing chargers since a teenager. It's fascinating really. Maybe I'm lazy at this age, need to get tools and open up the batteries without creating disasters.

EBH



Aug 17, 2026 at 01:20 PM
rscheffler
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · LP-E6P Supply


EB-1 wrote:
There is no luck here, just cell, BMS, and battery characteristics. I've been charging batteries since 6 and designing chargers since a teenager. It's fascinating really. Maybe I'm lazy at this age, need to get tools and open up the batteries without creating disasters.

EBH


In your experience, what would be the internal change within the battery that causes the 'health' reduction; three to two to one bar?

I have one LP-E6NH that is now at one bar, but otherwise seems to work OK, though I have not done a rigorous comparison. But all of the Canon batteries I have no longer charge to 100%; instead to 100, such as 98%, etc. Yet all of the Neewer LP-E6NH clones I have charge to and hold 100% seemingly indefinitely. And I've owned those as long as the Canons. But they don't quite last as long as the Canon NH batteries, as has been discussed in past threads.



Aug 17, 2026 at 04:20 PM
EB-1
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · LP-E6P Supply


I need to find the equipment I used in 2024, but there is a difference of quite a lot on the 2-wire chargers.
I want to run various tests with older and newer P batteries to figure out what I can.
In Dec. there will be a cold zone and I want to be prepared. I'd like to go with a 2-wire for that trip.

EBH



Aug 17, 2026 at 06:24 PM







FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account