fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

  

Flowers for The Brave

  
 
DanielScott
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Flowers for The Brave


Congratulations to DanielScott for winning Feature Thread of the Week with 10 votes - View Previous Winners


A few of my favorites from a photo session I did this week with my friend Alex, who is a retired USMC. These are part of an ongoing project I have been working on since Spring where I photograph ruggedly handsome men in wildflowers, with the goal of creating romantic images of men in scenes they would uncommonly be photographed in. To be honest, I don't know how comfortable I feel sharing images from other sessions in this project, since they are less ambiguous compared to these, and the general response I have received from men on images like that in forums and groups in recent years has been generally homophobic, much more so than usual. Depending on the general reception to these photos, I'll consider sharing others from this project.

Photographed using a Canon 5D MKIII with a 35mm lens and an 85mm lens, and lit using natural light and a silver reflector.

1


2


3


4


5


Edited on Aug 08, 2026 at 06:03 PM · View previous versions



Aug 08, 2026 at 03:56 PM
DanielScott
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Flowers for The Brave


For some reason sharing images from flickr to fmforum has been having issues lately. I get broken image icons instead of it showing the images.

Edit: It seems to have fixed itself. Has anyone else been experiencing this?



Aug 08, 2026 at 03:59 PM
newyork
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Flowers for The Brave


These are sick Daniel. Love the 3rd one.


Aug 08, 2026 at 05:28 PM
gregfountain
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Flowers for The Brave


Great idea and execution Daniel!

Greg



Aug 08, 2026 at 10:11 PM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Flowers for The Brave


I commented on your entry in the "WA" brother but will add it here also!
God Bless this soldier and we ALL should thank him for his sacrifice to keep us free.
Semper Fi Marine!

Well done brother!
Dan

The "Queen Ann's Lace" is most fitting here Daniel! It was used in many paintings from centuries ago! Longevity...

Edited on Aug 09, 2026 at 11:10 AM · View previous versions



Aug 09, 2026 at 11:02 AM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · Flowers for The Brave


DanielScott wrote:
For some reason sharing images from flickr to fmforum has been having issues lately. I get broken image icons instead of it showing the images.

Edit: It seems to have fixed itself. Has anyone else been experiencing this?

Yes but it usually disappears then reappears....

It is "FM" brother and I don't mean Fred Miranda!
Dan




Aug 09, 2026 at 11:03 AM
Anaitis
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · Flowers for The Brave


Daniel, beautiful imagery as usual! I feel this is a great tribute to our brave men and women in the military, my husband is a vet and hope that your images will help others appreciate the sacrifices our vets have made to keep us safe.


Aug 09, 2026 at 05:24 PM
DanielScott
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · Flowers for The Brave


newyork wrote:
These are sick Daniel. Love the 3rd one.


Thank you! Glad you like them.



Aug 11, 2026 at 02:14 PM
DanielScott
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · Flowers for The Brave


gregfountain wrote:
Great idea and execution Daniel!

Greg


Thank you Greg!



Aug 11, 2026 at 02:14 PM
DanielScott
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · Flowers for The Brave


Danpbphoto wrote:
I commented on your entry in the "WA" brother but will add it here also!
God Bless this soldier and we ALL should thank him for his sacrifice to keep us free.
Semper Fi Marine!

Well done brother!
Dan

The "Queen Ann's Lace" is most fitting here Daniel! It was used in many paintings from centuries ago! Longevity...


I always appreciate your comments. Thank you Dan.



Aug 11, 2026 at 02:15 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

DanielScott
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · Flowers for The Brave


Danpbphoto wrote:
Yes but it usually disappears then reappears....

It is "FM" brother and I don't mean Fred Miranda!
Dan



This joke is going over my (follically challenged) head.



Aug 11, 2026 at 02:16 PM
DanielScott
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · Flowers for The Brave


Anaitis wrote:
Daniel, beautiful imagery as usual! I feel this is a great tribute to our brave men and women in the military, my husband is a vet and hope that your images will help others appreciate the sacrifices our vets have made to keep us safe.


Thank you so much!



Aug 11, 2026 at 02:17 PM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · Flowers for The Brave


DanielScott wrote:
This joke is going over my (follically challenged) head.

I have had "skin cancer" since I returned from SE Asia in 1969...My "follically impaired" head looks like a "checkerboard" with all the "pre cancerous" growths discolorations of skin removed by liquid nitro freezing the cancer!
Dan




Aug 11, 2026 at 02:19 PM
DanielScott
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · Flowers for The Brave


Danpbphoto wrote:
I have had "skin cancer" since I returned from SE Asia in 1969...My "follically impaired" head looks like a "checkerboard" with all the "pre cancerous" growths discolorations of skin removed by liquid nitro freezing the cancer!
Dan


I remember you telling me about this a few weeks ago. Glad you keep the cancer in check.

Might be high time to do as Alex here did and get that noggin tatted up!



Aug 11, 2026 at 02:23 PM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · Flowers for The Brave


DanielScott wrote:
I remember you telling me about this a few weeks ago. Glad you keep the cancer in check.

Might be high time to do as Alex here did and get that noggin tatted up!

My first indication that I had a problem was a benign growth removed from on my right eye lid..1985...
Dan




Aug 11, 2026 at 02:31 PM
sanjayg
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #16 · Flowers for The Brave


Amazing subject, fantastic photography!


Aug 12, 2026 at 10:22 AM
DanielScott
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · Flowers for The Brave


sanjayg wrote:
Amazing subject, fantastic photography!


Thank you!



Aug 14, 2026 at 04:15 AM
sum1sgrampa
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #18 · Flowers for The Brave


Let your own intuition be your guide Daniel but I say let lesser men wallow in their own insecurities. I always enjoy your work and these are excellent. TFS
Gary



Aug 14, 2026 at 09:05 AM
DanielScott
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #19 · Flowers for The Brave


sum1sgrampa wrote:
Let your own intuition be your guide Daniel but I say let lesser men wallow in their own insecurities. I always enjoy your work and these are excellent. TFS
Gary


Thank you so much Gary!



Aug 26, 2026 at 09:46 PM







FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account